Pascual Jordan

coffeesippin

Mods .. if you think this topic fits better someplace else feel free to move it.

"If a star's negative gravitational energy balances its positive rest mass energy" the star has arisen from nothing, that forumula stopping Einstein dead in his tracks as he crossed a street at Princeton, vehicle having to stop to avoid hitting him.  I believe it was Born who related the fomula to Einstein as they crossed the street.

So yes, here we are talking about Jordan, despite an initial reception in the forum when I first presented his stars-from-nothing formula that said something like he should not be taken seriously because he thought the world was expanding;  but someone saved that day by providing a link showing there was at Jordan's time considerable science stating the same thing.  I haven't looked into that.

We're also talking about Jordan because I recognized he was so important that I carried his formula for stars arising from nothing on the back cover of my day planner for many years, in my breast pocket.   

Regarding whether Einstein nominated Jordan for a Nobel: 

http://sphsdevilphysics.weebly.com/uploads/5/0/7/1/5071691/werner_heisenberg_1932_by_conor_mills.pdf   top page 2 of 3.

"In 1928, Albert Einstein nominated Heisenberg, Born, and Jordan for the Nobel prize in Physics."    So that although some founders of QM talked about Jordan as a mathematician, Einstein nominated him for physics.  Conspiracy?  Only so many prizes for physics?  Kind of like pushing scientists who don't fit the tight Consensus into holes. 

"Heisenberg was very affected by the fact that he alone and not Born nor Jordan had won the Nobel prize. In 1933 he even went as far as to write a letter to Born. He said he delayed writing it because he had a bad conscience about being the only winner out of the trio to win the the much sought after prize. Heisenberg openly recognized that he would not have been able to make the same advances that he did without the help of Born and Jordan." 

Here's a biography showing Jordan's utmost importance to QM.   http://www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/Biographies/Jordan_Pascual.html