A device more precise than transcranial magnetic simulation

fredreload

Yes yes, we all know transcranial magnetic simulation, no need for explanation here, just a circular loop that exact magnetic field on a brain. But what if, we can increase the precision of this magnetic field so we can pinpoint the location of the neurons we want to signal? Sort of like a directed electromagnetic field/radiation probe, or a tweezer combines with MRI or well a microscope if you absolutely must open the brain I hope this is not the case

Edited by fredreload

25 minutes ago, fredreload said:

Yes yes, we all know transcranial magnetic simulation 

!

Moderator Note

No, "we" don't. Did you mean stimulation?

But what if

!

Moderator Note

What, indeed? What is it you wish to discuss? if it's possible? What the result might be?

29 minutes ago, swansont said:
!

Moderator Note

No, "we" don't. Did you mean stimulation?

!

Moderator Note

What, indeed? What is it you wish to discuss? if it's possible? What the result might be?

That is true heh, you could have the person dream up a sequence programmed by you, or see images programmed by you, or hear sound programmed by you, just like the Matrix. But in the end it probably exists for the sole purpose of transferring consciousness and brain synchronization.

11 minutes ago, iNow said:

Other methods would likely be surgical and far more intrusive. That’s the thing about magnets. They exist in fields and aren’t focused like lasers. 

True, laser like infrared or ultraviolet can go a few depth into the tissue, non intrusively

Edited by fredreload

6 hours ago, fredreload said:

That is true heh, you could have the person dream up a sequence programmed by you, or see images programmed by you, or hear sound programmed by you, just like the Matrix. But in the end it probably exists for the sole purpose of transferring consciousness and brain synchronization.

!

Moderator Note

That’s not really a satisfactory response to my modnotes.

That is true

What is true? Like most of your threads this seems to be largely fantasy.

But in the end it probably exists for the sole purpose of transferring consciousness and brain synchronization.

Citation needed.

3 hours ago, Strange said:

What is true? Like most of your threads this seems to be largely fantasy.

Citation needed.

Well, if you are seeing what I am seeing then you'll know they are on the verge of breakthrough or so I assume. Pretty much both ways of immortality are on the way of breakthrough, but I don't really trust the potion method so, the consciousness swapping will be a fail safe. But since a 20 tesla MRI machine never seems to break through the milimeter barrier it gets me kind of worried. If you go the potion way you might have to get prepared for eyes popping out

Edited by fredreload

5 hours ago, fredreload said:

Well, if you are seeing what I am seeing then you'll know they are on the verge of breakthrough

What are you seeing? Dreams? Science fiction movies? Hallucinations?

5 hours ago, fredreload said:

but I don't really trust the potion method

What is “the potion method”?

2 hours ago, Strange said:

What are you seeing? Dreams? Science fiction movies? Hallucinations?

What is “the potion method”?

1. Dreams

2. Well if you've been following the Salk's method of reverse aging on rats then you'll see that they've managed to extend the lifespan of the rats from 22 weeks to 29 weeks. They use the Yamanaka factors activated by the Tet Casette method to enable and disable the Yamanaka Factors with doxycycline. But they use it involving the oncogene Cmyc so it might still proliferate all the cells in the mouse, so in the end I think I would go with the three Yamanaka Factors and depleting Mbd3 for 100% success rate. Keep in mind this is partial reprogramming, if you go all the way it would cause teratoma. Now my other idea is to apply progesterone to the entire body after partial reprogramming thereby ensuring proper patterning to the entire body. But as of the present time we have not created a proper tet casette method for human, the best we got is the use of hormones for overexpression and lower expression of the Yamanaka Factors, and we are unsure of the dephosphorylation mechanisms. So, they are thinking of the virus method, the delivery method is still uncertain. Now if you are thinking of gender bending with a potion you will have to manually swap in an X chromosome and disable the Y chromosome using a bacteria. After which the entire body contains a pair of X chromosomes you would then intitiate regeneration again using progesterone for proper patterning to the entire body.