Pathway to Psychology Careers

ErezMA

Greetings. I apologize if this isn't the right question for this forum, but I'm trying to find an answer for this and I find that Google isn't of much help.

I'm a college student interested in being a psychologist (either forensic psychology or neuropsychology). I know that a doctorate degree is necessary for this type of field and I know a doctorate is a big commitment. So if I'm trying to pursue this type of journey, what options exist for the interim, after the master's degree is obtained? I don't know/think that being an LCSW/therapist is most fruitful considering they have their own major hurdles in their respective fields as well. 

I don't know how long it takes to go from a bachelor's degree to a Ph D., but I'd like to be able to continue being able to support myself while studying.

Thank you all for your time and attention.

To follow up on my own question, could a generic "Psychology" doctorate (Ph D. or PsyD) still enable me to Psychology specialties such as Neuropsychology or Forensic Psychology, provided I still complete other prerequisites such as board certification, etc.?

While there are jobs available at the Master's level, it is rather unlikely that you will have time for a job beside your PhD position. In fact, if you go for a PhD, you will have to do active research rather than just studying a subject. On the flip side, graduate students do get stipends as part of their PhD. I am not familiar with the details, of forensic psychology, but for example in clinical psychology in many countries require to take additional clinical training after their degree.