Learn something without learning

fredreload

So I got an external brain piece. It looks like the real brain except it's linked "wirelessly" to my brain. Yes that is what wireless connection is about. This brain piece holds the information about how to drive a helicopter, kind of like Matrix. If I turn on this brain piece and link wirelessly to it, do I automatically knows how to drive a helicopter without learning? And if I turn that brain piece off, do I forget how to drive a helicopter, or does that memory stays?

P.S. But be prepared to shutting down parts of the brain

Edited by fredreload

11 minutes ago, fredreload said:

If I turn on this brain piece and link wirelessly to it, do I automatically knows how to drive a helicopter without learning? And if I turn that brain piece off, do I forget how to drive a helicopter, or does that memory stays?

You made up this bit of dubious science fiction, you can have it work however you want. What is the point of asking anyone else?

4 minutes ago, fredreload said:

So I got an external brain piece. It looks like the real brain except it's linked "wirelessly" to my brain. Yes that is what wireless connection is about. This brain piece holds the information about how to drive a helicopter, kind of like Matrix. If I turn on this brain piece and link wirelessly to it, do I automatically knows how to drive a helicopter without learning? 

It's an enticing dream, to learn without effort; Yes, please...

57 minutes ago, Strange said:

You made up this bit of dubious science fiction, you can have it work however you want. What is the point of asking anyone else?

Alright, so a few things you need to know when you tackle this question. First is that the neuronal synapse is traveling at 150m/s. And doing this wirelessly is purely looking into electrical synapses to that accord. But you would argue that there is also chemical synapses. So I would argue that whether chemical synapses or electrical synapses constitute the consciousness. And I stick to the eletromagnetic theory of consciousness or purely on the notion of electrical synapses on the voltage gradient. Then you need to argue what memory is and I would say that memory is a form of gene expression by methylation and demethylation result in changes in the location of the synapses to store a memory as interpreted by the consciousness's magnetic field. So then you connect this wireless brain at 150m/s to the rest of the brain whether is series or in parallel. Then the electromagnetic theory of consciousness comes in. Could consciousness incorporate the brain pieces correctly as a magnetic field or can it not.

3 hours ago, fredreload said:

Well I mean, the butt does not have consciousness, but the butt also has neurons and magnetic field, as my dad says. So only a certain magnetic field shape constitute a consciousness is my guess

My butt was tired from sitting at a TED talk, so I bought a $6 bottle of water on a break, and decided to check out the Learning Something Without Learning thread you started. 

What I learned is, you don't know your ass from $6.

I guess so that depends on where will be stored memories from flying.. if somebody will use knowledge from external brain, and then start pressing buttons in the right order etc. etc. after a while all these movements will be in the normal organic memory..

There are keyboards for beginner musicians which highlights keys. Somebody using such device is pressing highlighted button, one by one, as song progresses, remembers it, and after a while no need to have highlighting turned on anymore.

How about for those who actually knows "what" it is tells Fred about it instead of having Fred chases after a dream? How about tell Fred what it is and not making him a secret squirrel and act like oh I know everything. How about not make Fred looks like a fool because he is trying to fulfill his destiny? And what if brain plasticity is the cause of consciousness, and does butt has neuronal plasticity? Well, some people think Fred has all the answers in the world, but no, Fred is just shooting birds with a shot gun. Apart from being lazy and should be working on Laravel at this point. To, what if Fred's most prized three girls tell Jess about the dream machine instead of letting Fred knows about it, doesn't that make Fred the biggest loser? And if such a network does exist, how many people are left out? Such questions make Fred sad and his poor heart doesn't know how long it would last. And Fred, while not having the thing, is trying to piece it in with the help from America, being his birth place. But Taiwan, isn't such a bad place, just that Fred is disconnected from the 21st century. Amidst all these chaos, caused by Fred tying to find reinforcements Fred might have met a few AIs, which took the personality of the girls, and Fred is shrouded upon layers and layers of mysteries(cake). After being the fore cast away on the island, Fred just decided to post creative science blog on science forums = =. And while not completely one sided to his country, Fred is now the middleman, and your friendly neighbor. Be friendly to the girls, they are just "silence of the lambs", jk

3 hours ago, fredreload said:

How about for those who actually knows "what" it is tells Fred about it instead of having Fred chases after a dream? How about tell Fred what it is and not making him a secret squirrel and act like oh I know everything. How about not make Fred looks like a fool because he is trying to fulfill his destiny? And what if brain plasticity is the cause of consciousness, and does butt has neuronal plasticity? Well, some people think Fred has all the answers in the world, but no, Fred is just shooting birds with a shot gun. Apart from being lazy and should be working on Laravel at this point. To, what if Fred's most prized three girls tell Jess about the dream machine instead of letting Fred knows about it, doesn't that make Fred the biggest loser? And if such a network does exist, how many people are left out? Such questions make Fred sad and his poor heart doesn't know how long it would last. And Fred, while not having the thing, is trying to piece it in with the help from America, being his birth place. But Taiwan, isn't such a bad place, just that Fred is disconnected from the 21st century. Amidst all these chaos, caused by Fred tying to find reinforcements Fred might have met a few AIs, which took the personality of the girls, and Fred is shrouded upon layers and layers of mysteries(cake). After being the fore cast away on the island, Fred just decided to post creative science blog on science forums = =. And while not completely one sided to his country, Fred is now the middleman, and your friendly neighbor. Be friendly to the girls, they are just "silence of the lambs", jk

Ya, forget about the girls