Pakistan risks running dry

Itoero

Pakistan could "run dry" by 2025 as its water shortage is reaching an alarming level. The authorities remain negligent about the crisis that's posing a serious threat to the country's stability, reports Shah Meer Baloch.

According to a recent report by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Pakistan ranks third in the world among countries facing acute water shortage.

https://www.dw.com/en/water-crisis-why-is-pakistan-running-dry/a-44110280

On 11/27/2018 at 12:20 PM, Itoero said:

Pakistan could "run dry" by 2025 as its water shortage is reaching an alarming level. The authorities remain negligent about the crisis that's posing a serious threat to the country's stability, reports Shah Meer Baloch.

According to a recent report by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Pakistan ranks third in the world among countries facing acute water shortage.

https://www.dw.com/en/water-crisis-why-is-pakistan-running-dry/a-44110280

Most interesting article! Personally I have believed the time is approaching when water will become more significant to humanity than oil. The lack of notice politically suggests strongly that the political structure is confident that it will be unaffected by lack of sufficient water, which is probably true. The "Golden Rule" prevails: those having the gold make the rules.

Most of the world will be running dry.  As the atmosphere continues to warm it will hold more water vapour.  Cold air is needed to condense the water vapour into clouds, then into rain or snow.    I'm sure someone somewhere is doing the math, but I doubt they'll announce, 'it will stop raining at midnight, and will not rain again for three years.'

Pakistanis should start implementing my idea to create agricultural skyscrapers with hydroponics. This will (for a while) solve their problem with shortage of water. or at least limit water usage.

Unfortunately typical way politicians are "persuading" people to save resource is by taxation.. so to force people to save water they will be increasing price of water over and over again..

Edited by Sensei

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.