Fashion?

fredreload

I have been informed I don't have a fashion sense. I confess I like clothes that fit comfortably and are not like a boa constrictor around your legs. :rolleyes:
In the UK we have a shop called River Island that caters to people who want the latest fashion but don't want to feel like they're walking around in a cacoon.
Don't worry about being a nerd; I've heard it said that smart is the new sexy, however, I call it individuality. 

1 hour ago, DirtyChai said:

I was hoping to get to the point where we could just be comfortable, but it seems the youngsters favor the tight clothing.  I suppose that indirectly addresses the problem of obesity here in the states. . .

It highlights the problem.

10 minutes ago, StringJunky said:
2 hours ago, DirtyChai said:

I was hoping to get to the point where we could just be comfortable, but it seems the youngsters favor the tight clothing.  I suppose that indirectly addresses the problem of obesity here in the states. . .

It highlights the problem.

Especially during the summer.   You wouldn't normally think that the Great Lakes would be the place to be when it comes to whale watching. . .

Seriously tho, it's repulsive. . .

Edited by DirtyChai

27 minutes ago, DirtyChai said:

Especially during the summer.   You wouldn't normally think that the Great Lakes would be the place to be when it comes to whale watching. . .

When most people are overweight, it becomes the 'new normal', so nobody feels they have to do anything. I'll be sure not to put on my spandex onesie when you're around. :)

Edited by StringJunky

29 minutes ago, StringJunky said:
49 minutes ago, DirtyChai said:

When most people are overweight, it becomes the 'new normal', so nobody feels they have to do anything. I'll be sure not to put on my spandex onesie when you're around. :)

Likewise, I'm nothing special to look at either anymore, but at least we have consideration for others. . .

Edited by DirtyChai

6 hours ago, fredreload said:

Being a nerd I am always out of styles. Well, being a worker now I want to get in with the 2015 work fashion. If anyone got any images or youtube links it will be welcome, thanks

It’s hard to go wrong at Brooks Brothers. 

7 hours ago, Gears said:

I have been informed I don't have a fashion sense. I confess I like clothes that fit comfortably and are not like a boa constrictor around your legs. :rolleyes:
In the UK we have a shop called River Island that caters to people who want the latest fashion but don't want to feel like they're walking around in a cacoon.
Don't worry about being a nerd; I've heard it said that smart is the new sexy, however, I call it individuality. 

What exactly does "fashion sense" even mean?   If it were a real thing then the same type of dress would always be "in fashion".  But it isn't;  What was in fashion 20 years ago would be considered going against "fashion sense" today.   So I guess fashion sense is just the ability to see what everyone else is wearing and then copy it.

1 minute ago, Janus said:

What exactly does "fashion sense" even mean?   If it were a real thing then the same type of dress would always be "in fashion".  But it isn't;  What was in fashion 20 years ago would be considered going against "fashion sense" today.   So I guess fashion sense is just the ability to see what everyone else is wearing and then copy it.

Fashions are trends and they change and move with the times... I guess 'Fashion Sense' would mean an ability to gauge the current trend and be able to fit in and move with it.

I once wore a shirt style (lumberjack) for so many years that it went out of fashion and then came back in again. I remember wearing a pair of filthy ripped jeans for a couple of years at uni...   then all of a sudden everyone was wearing them just the same  - I swear I started that trend, ;-)  lol.

14 minutes ago, DrP said:

I once wore a shirt style (lumberjack) for so many years that it went out of fashion and then came back in again. I remember wearing a pair of filthy ripped jeans for a couple of years at uni...   then all of a sudden everyone was wearing them just the same  - I swear I started that trend, ;-)  lol.

you da man.

Edited by dimreepr