Split - Can you believe in evolution and in god?

coffeesippin

1 minute ago, zapatos said:

What does Jesus think about you lying? Are you trying to paint yourself as persecuted to garner sympathy? Playing the martyr will get you nowhere. You are barking up the wrong tree on this site pal.

Ah yes, bring up the name that is forbidden to be used.  Barking trees?  You believe in destroying nature do you?  Or do your ears hear things others don't?   I think everyone has the right, nay, the need, to be found lying in bed.  You might find it more encouraging to the brain to do more of it.  Rest is essential to good health, doctors say.

There is a difference between being baptized into a denomination and being baptized as a believer in Christ.  A friend of mine was a lifelong Baptist, he's been married for 30 years when his wife died, and the Holy Ghost came to comfort him, and to show him the bible was true and his wife would be in heaven with the Lord.   My friend came to me in wondrous surprise that the bible was true.  'I thought you believed long before now,' I said, not because I did believe that, but just to avoid a discussion.  'I thought I did too.'  He said.  He had been baptized into not drinking alcohol, not dancing, not doing this, not doing that, but NOT as a believer in Jesus Christ.  He had a form of religion, not the faith of Christ.  

Please stop coffeesippin. Preaching is preaching, whether you try to hide it from the mods or not. And it is still against the rules.

6 minutes ago, coffeesippin said:

For all to see .. a man who thinks to have the last word.  Tempting me to "preach" so I'll get thrown out.  Ha!

Dude. When I asked you not to PM me, that didn’t mean I wanted you to send me multiple PMs with a bunch of evangelical silliness. 

‘Again. Please. Stop

Just now, zapatos said:

Please stop coffeesippin. Preaching is preaching, whether you try to hide it from the mods or not. And it is still against the rules.

Dear Mod .. Zapatos is posting private message on the forum.  He is quoting bible scripture even after I reminded him it is not encouraged or allowed.  He is accusing me of breaking the rules when I'm not. I suggest you suspend him as you suspended me to remind him of the rules of this fourm.

2 minutes ago, coffeesippin said:

Ah yes, bring up the name that is forbidden to be used.  Barking trees?  You believe in destroying nature do you?  Or do your ears hear things others don't?   I think everyone has the right, nay, the need, to be found lying in bed.  You might find it more encouraging to the brain to do more of it.  Rest is essential to good health, doctors say.

Stop already!

1 minute ago, iNow said:

Dude. When I asked you not to PM me, that didn’t mean I wanted you to send me multiple PMs with a bunch of evangelical silliness. 

‘Again. Please. Stop

Then you stop bring up the topic of evangelism.  Evangelism is preaching and is NOT allowed on this forum.  Zapatos is iNow ..inow is Zapatos.  How many others are you?  Modman too?  

1 minute ago, zapatos said:

Stop already!

Stop what?  Stop replying to your comments to me?  WHY do you comment to me if you DO NOT want a comment FROM me?  Surely that is NOT logical, reasonable or scientific in ANY branch of science.  This is a science forum, ZIM  Please stick to science.

For all to see .. Zapatos and INow bring up bible scriptures tempting me to reply to them to bring accusation on my head; accuse me of lying and preaching, and it is the administrator Iodine who sends ME the warning about breaking the rules?  Yes, for all to see.  Nothing logical or reasonable in that, is there?  Nothing scientific in ANY branch of science, not even philosophy it is is counted a branch of science here.  When does a nice friendly discussion turn into such bigoted hatred?

34 minutes ago, coffeesippin said:

When does a nice friendly discussion turn into such bigoted hatred?

I used bible verses to relay a thought to you in a language I knew you’d understand. 

In return, you blast me with a bunch of preachy evangelical PMs, accuse me of being a sock puppet of moon man and zap, and now have the gall to suggest I’m being bigoted and hateful?

Your personal flavor of woo is not due any special deference or unearned respect. The challenges to your ideas have been kind and focused. Your replies, however? Anything but  

Perhaps faith alone is not a good enough reason to accept something as true. Maybe it is for you, but just because the rest of us don’t share in your silliness doesn’t mean we’re bigoted. 

Btw - Philosophy is not the same as science. Words have meanings. Anyone who appreciates philosophy should recognize that. 

Edited by iNow

3 minutes ago, iNow said:

I used bible verses to relay a thought to you in a language I knew you’d understand. 

In return, you blast me with a bunch of preachy evangelical PMs, accuse me of being a sock puppet of moon man and zap, and now have the gall to suggest I’m being bigoted and hateful?

Your personal flavor of woo is not due any special deference or unearned respect. The challenges to your ideas have been kind and focused. Your replies, however? Anything but  

Perhaps faith alone is not a good enough reason to accept something as true. Maybe it is for you, but just because the rest of us don’t share in your silliness doesn’t mean we’re bigoted. 

Btw - Philosophy is not the same as science. Words have meanings. Anyone who appreciates philosophy should recognize that. 

Your one phrase sums up your lack of education, vacancy of knowledge, respect for opinion and freedom, and absolute lack of clarity of thought:  "... but just because the rest of us don’t share in your silliness doesn’t mean we’re bigoted."   By, 'the rest of us" you indicate you speak for the entire human race, how may billions is that?   It implies you have delusions of grandeur on such as scale you place yourself on a pinnacle high about the rest of humanity, speaking for them as if one voice.  What would you like for this spokesman position?  Surely money couldn't buy it?  Worship?  You want humanity to worship you?  Perhaps that's fitting for a few, but surely not any on a science forum, surely!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.