Absolute High Temperature

BPHgravity

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since temperature is a measure of molecular movement, there is by definition no high attainable temperature, but the limit is where each molecule is moving at c. Like absolute zero, this is not attainable, but can be approached closer and closer.

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't obsolute high heat be when the electrons are moving at inf. m/p/h, (sorry for the refrence, couldn't come up with any thing else,) and when everything is inf. far away? Why is that impossible? (Just Joking of course.):zzz:

infininate speed is possible---- if i were to stop time (lets ignore if this is even possible) then to everyone for which time is stopped-- i can theoretically do an infinitate amount of work in absolutely no time (on their level) therefore to them, i have infinate speed, to me it might just be normal---- hey doesn't that work out with the theory of relativity? But then i don't know how i could exist on a different plane of time--- would there be oxygen there? I mean i couldn't breath the stopped time oxygen, or then again maybe i could and i'd just be creating a vacumes and crap that result in momentary violent turbulent air currents when time resumes. Hmmm i don't know, tell me what you think.

Originally posted by NavajoEverclear

infininate speed is possible---- if i were to stop time (lets ignore if this is even possible) then to everyone for which time is stopped-- i can theoretically do an infinitate amount of work in absolutely no time (on their level) therefore to them, i have infinate speed, to me it might just be normal---- hey doesn't that work out with the theory of relativity? But then i don't know how i could exist on a different plane of time--- would there be oxygen there? I mean i couldn't breath the stopped time oxygen, or then again maybe i could and i'd just be creating a vacumes and crap that result in momentary violent turbulent air currents when time resumes. Hmmm i don't know, tell me what you think.

Lets say you did stop time. You would even be able to move. The molecules around you would be stopped, thus making it impossible for you to move them. Even if you were able to move them, you would be creating gamma rays, thus killing you. Thats one of the problems with going near light speed, everyone dies.

Originally posted by KHinfcube22

Lets say you did stop time. You would even be able to move. The molecules around you would be stopped, thus making it impossible for you to move them. Even if you were able to move them, you would be creating gamma rays, thus killing you. Thats one of the problems with going near light speed, everyone dies.

You hurt my brain.

And no, before you say it, it's not because you're too intelligent for me to understand.

Let me answer your inevitable question about what sayonara means: you really don't know what you're talking about, no matter how smart you think you are and how much you think you know about physics.

Originally posted by fafalone

Let me answer your inevitable question about what sayonara means: you really don't know what you're talking about, no matter how smart you think you are and how much you think you know about physics.

Ahh, one of the few statements in this thread that can be backed up empirically!

:P :owned:

Originally posted by KHinfcube22

"Hey, I've been working in my bedroom on a computer for years. Plus I'm aquainted with psicology, I know what I'm talking about." (referring to his significant work experience)

"There are only two things sure in life: Death and Taxes" Ben Franklin" (one of his responses to a call for science forums slogan)

"A black hole is cnstantly emitting molecules and stuff, and sucking in stuff. That is why there isn't very many black holes, for most spew more than they suck, and thus they are unstable and fall apart."

"the universe could be inf. large AND still have space outside. The space outside would also have to be inf. large and be some type of antimatter."

"Oceanography, is it real or fake? If it is real, how come no one acknolages it, pardon my spelling. "

"I believe the mind consists of two parts of conciousness, the unconcious and the concious. There is a barrier between these two,which is hard to break. When one tries to break it, it only partially tears, and the man goes insane."

"I figured a way to break the barrier without goin insane. All you have to do is disolve it, then merge the two conciousnesses together to create one almighty mind."

"Time travel is possible, just to complicated for the human mind to concieve the only possible way."

"If you have read one of my other threads, on how time for one is controlled by ones "mind", then you would know why matter doesn't necessarily go back in time. Well ,actualy it does. "

"And on the genetics mutating thing, why don't we just find some drug that will let us interbreed species? Sounds resonable to me."

thanks for the quote compilation blike :haha:

and fafalone hit this one right on the head a while back -- lets not get carried away with things like stopping time, and gamma rays :P

Originally posted by fafalone

Since temperature is a measure of molecular movement, there is by definition no high attainable temperature, but the limit is where each molecule is moving at c. Like absolute zero, this is not attainable, but can be approached closer and closer.

KHinfcube, don't worry about them. Instead of posting a creative, thoughtful reply on why your scenario would not be plausible, they just ridicule you. Pretty ignorant if you ask me. The fact that you're only 14 and coming up with these ideas is impressive. I dont know enough about what you're talking about to state assertively whether you're right or wrong(someone who thinks they can, please post), but it'd probably depend on how you stop time.

It's pointless to explain things like that because you need alot of formal education to understand the reasoning behind it. This isn't philosophy; all these plain english statements have intense math and experimental evidence behind them that not only would take hours to fully explain, but would be well beyond the grasp of someone like cube boy.

On another note, never cite Isaac Asimov as a scientific authority. Ever.

No.

Gamma rays would kill me? that sucks, yeah i was pretty sure something like that would happen. So exactly what would happen though, wouldn't i create gamma rays simply by remaining still at infininate speed, because of my molocules. So actually it would be more that I turn into gamma rays, wouldn't i be instantly transformed into the energy then?

But what about the theory of relativity? would i be deadly to myself or just everyone on the stopped time level? I imagine such questions will seem very stupid to some people, please don't critisize me over it though, just tell me the answers.

Its all speculative....there are no answers. That is what is great about science. We can die hard believe in something one day and find out the next that it is incorrect. We don't ( or at least shouldn't ) mock the people who came up with the erroneous thought. We praise them for being able to think out of the box and we realize that being wrong, when realized, helps to steer us in the right direction. Unfortunately, ego all too often gets in the way.

By the way you talk it appears i may have found someone that would agree with my philosophy: as far as can be scientifically proven through our senses (who knows if the electrical impulses feeding us are even 'real' (i believe they are but i cant proove it)) everything, including science is 'only' speculation and faith. Thats ok if not i guess, just hoping theres someone on this planet that understands me.

Originally posted by Star-struck

Its all speculative....there are no answers. That is what is great about science. We can die hard believe in something one day and find out the next that it is incorrect. We don't ( or at least shouldn't ) mock the people who came up with the erroneous thought. We praise them for being able to think out of the box and we realize that being wrong, when realized, helps to steer us in the right direction. Unfortunately, ego all too often gets in the way.

So, to summarise:

There are no answers, yet somehow we can still be wrong. Without commiting yourself to anything you see the mistakes of others, and if they don't agree with you that they are incorrect then you ascribe this to their ego.

Or did I just misunderstand you? Slightly worried by your outlook here :-(

Hmm...I don't use only Issac Asimov as all my cites, only that Gamma One. I can support it with logic though. At moving at a speed near the speed of light, and you move, and touch of course, any other object, it would make the other object seem like it was moving towards you at that speed instead. And when something moves at a certain speed, (I'm not that versed too much in this subject, so I don't know the exact speed,) it turns into gamma, and thus knocking out molecules from your body, either causeing cancer, or completley kill you. On the matter of wether or not you would turn into gamma, most likely, but either way your dead...

Hey, you know who I should quote for all my scientific theories? Gene Roddenbury!!! Just Kidding. A little joke is all that last sentence was for...