Has science failed to recognize morality as lifesaving?

coffeesippin

1 hour ago, coffeesippin said:

The designer told them it would stay that way forever unless they ate that fruit.  The serpent persuaded them to eat it, resulting in lots of problems, including the end of perfection on earth

That same designer also ensured that

(1) they were susceptible to being led astray by serpents and

(2) there was a serpent there, programmed to lead them astray

thereby ensuring that they would be led to eat the fruit.

Seriously, putting the serpent in the garden (knowing what would happen) was the cruelest thing ever done.
I really can't understand how anyone would worship the perpetrator of such an act. 

So, that pretty much eliminates the Word of God as a useful source of morality.

(Unless, of course, you consider setting up those weaker than you to fail in a way that leads them to eternal damnation and torment, is a morally acceptable way to behave. Your morality may vary)

So, back at the topic,

There are plainly occasions where science has seen the importance of morality- they use ethics committees, for example.

2 hours ago, coffeesippin said:

All was perfect.  The designer told them it would stay that way forever unless they ate that fruit.  The serpent persuaded them to eat it, resulting in lots of problems, including the end of perfection on earth .. problems and inconsistencies arose.  However, we`re not to discuss religion here, I understand though there is a place for that in this forum.  If you want to go there and open a topic, notify me. 

!

Moderator Note

You do far too much of this preaching. Stop it. 

1 minute ago, Strange said:
!

Moderator Note

You do far too much of this preaching. Stop it. 

Strange, if you follow the thread back, you will see John originated the discussion.  But yes, I just sent him a private message because preaching is not allowed on the science forums.  And I demonstrated that in that last message:   However, we`re not to discuss religion here, I understand though there is a place for that in this forum.  If you want to go there and open a topic, notify me.     It`s always the same way, Strange, someone else mentions God to me, I don`t initiate these exchanges.