Which drug will enable us to live till 120?

Obsessed With Gaming

6 hours ago, StringJunky said:

There's no shortcuts. Live healthy, don't take risks and hope you''ve got the genetics to support that length of life.

Your optimism is delectable! While my own was subverted many years ago due to personal events psychologically painful, my pessimism has been held in check by kind comment such as yours! 

I am now 76, feel as though I felt at, oh, ........60 or so, but realize more deeply day by day that my aspirations for furthering hobby pursuits must gradually decline from here. I am now convincing my wife of the absolute need for a car lift in my shop, as major (transmission) failure seems imminent. Needed as I no longer can heft those beastly-heavy things in and out upon my chest, lying on my back. 

Youth was great; middle-age rather acceptable; present outlook clouded, like the image in my crystal ball!  

• 1 month later...
On ‎17‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:40 PM, Obsessed With Gaming said:

Which drug will enable us to live till 120 or at least a decade longer? Which drug is the closest of making that happen? Metformin? Senolytics?

With CRISPR-cas9 and ASO-therapies you can 'in theory' make people that live longer since you can prevent (in the future) many diseases.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CRISPRhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisense_therapy

Edited by Itoero

On 17/11/2018 at 11:40 PM, Obsessed With Gaming said:

Which drug will enable us to live till 120 or at least a decade longer? Which drug is the closest of making that happen? Metformin? Senolytics?

Formaldehyde*

Example is for comedic purposes only, not intended to be taken seriously. Side effects may include: poisoning, coma, death.

Please speak to your local doctor before use.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 9:11 PM, tinkerer said:

My optimism was subverted when my new wife's father shot and killed her mother, then taking his own life. She (my wife) was 20, I was 25. Optimism shattered.

Sorry to hear that. Not something anyone would fully get over...even 50 years later.

On 1/3/2019 at 7:08 PM, J.C.MacSwell said:

Sorry to hear that. Not something anyone would fully get over...even 50 years later.

An experience greatly unexpected, to be sure, and gravely disruptive within our little family. My wife had a brother, then 16, and sister, 11, both of whom were left homeless with the only other relatives present in America being my wife and I. Certainly most curious result was the fact that during that period, I had been called up for Armed Forces Induction, the Viet Nam conflict at it's height. Having officially become responsible for two minor children, I appeared before the Local Draft Board in our town's Post Office basement. When asked to describe circumstances, upon hearing "murder-suicide", one lady gasped, recalling the event had taken place just across the street! Almost instantly, my father in law's maniacal act had quite possibly saved my life!