Turn male into female instructions below

fredreload

1. Pack a pre-built copy of your X chromosome's DNA into a virus. It is a strand of DNA with 155 million base pairs that hopefully would fit through the nucleus pore. A chromosome cannot fit through the nucleus pore, so we send it in as a strand of DNA and have it built into an X chromosome inside the nucleus.

2. Make sure each cell in your body receive a copy of the virus package. I dunno how to get this to work, each cell only needs one copy of the X chromosome, having more than one would be troublesome. The epigenetic tags on the X chromosome might also need to be different for each cell, that I have not consider. The packaged DNA would enter the nucleus through the nucleus pore and gets integrated into an X chromosome.

3. Now you have a XXY chromosomes in each cell, destroy the Y chromosome by sending in crispr cas9 enzyme to target the Y chromosome. The crispr cas9 enzyme would target the centromere of the Y chromosome and attempt to destroy it.

4. Now every cell has a XX chromosome, initiates regeneration on the entire body for patterning and structural formation. The regeneration technique is induced without scar formation. When the patterning signaling factor is added in it would attempt to restructure the whole body based on the chromosome.

3 minutes ago, fredreload said:

I dunno how to get this to work

So these are not really instructions, are they. Just some sort of fantasy.

And do you have any evidence that changing XY to XX would change wither the sex or the gender of a person? Physical sex is determined in the womb (in as much as it is determined at all) and is not necessarily related to the presence of XX or XY genes.

1 minute ago, Strange said:

And do you have any evidence that changing XY to XX would change wither the sex or the gender of a person? Physical sex is determined in the womb (in as much as it is determined at all) and is not necessarily related to the presence of XX or XY genes.

I've prove that transdifferentiation is possible, check my other post on transdifferentiation. This is a scientific speculation of how it should work.

Edited by fredreload

3 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

Oh give me a clone

yes a clone of my own

with the y chromosome 

changed for  x

and when I'm alone 

with this clone of my own,

I'll be thinking of nothing but...

reprogramming DNA

Well, the DNA strand would get turned into a chromosome inside the nucleus, if it is made correctly = =, now this part is speculation. I know there are chromosome repair mechanism, but I dunno how it factor into this. The university of John Hopikins have successfully built an artificial chromosome on scratch, they know how to integrate it with histones and other thing for yeast chromosome

Edited by fredreload

28 minutes ago, Strange said:

It's possible to achieve all-female populations in fish, but not in the manner suggested by the OP.

The steps involved in producing an all-female strain of salmon are masculinize the first generation; 2) develop a genetic marker that will distinguish genetic males (XY) from genetic females (XX); 3) test each fish with the genetic marker and remove all the genetic males (XY); 4) verify that the removed fish are really males (XY) by growing them to maturity and mating them with normal females (XX) to produce a mixture of male (XY) and female (XX) offspring (used only for research projects); and 5) mating the screened-in fish which are genetically female (XX - but appear to be males and produce sperm) with normal females (XX) to produce all female (XX) offspring.

http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/aquaculture/acrdp-pcrda/fsheet-ftechnique/issue-fiche-03-eng.html

I don't know the biochemical details but I remember seeing that certain species of fish change sex when they become physically big enough.
Those that don't become big enough remain female.

This was in one of the episodes in Blue Planet 2.

Hmm, the inserted X chromosome may need to be set to the correct gene expression and epigenetic changes. For setting the gene expression on the X chromosome, a patterning signaling factor may be needed. As for epigenetic, I got no idea

Edited by fredreload

19 hours ago, fredreload said:

Pack a pre-built copy of your X chromosome's DNA into a virus. It is a strand of DNA with 155 million base pairs

It won't fit. A typical virus has about 100,000 base pairs. You are trying to stuff in a thousand times more.
It seems to have escaped your notice, but we are more complex than a virus.

Make sure each cell in your body receive a copy of the virus package. I dunno how to get this to work

Nor does anyone else.
There's no virus that targets every cell in the body.
The immune system would be fighting against this.

The packaged DNA would enter the nucleus through the nucleus pore and gets integrated into an X chromosome.

How?
Magic?

The crispr cas9 enzyme would target the centromere of the Y chromosome and attempt to destroy it.

"Attempt" is probably the right word.

Now every cell has a XX chromosome, initiates regeneration on the entire body for patterning and structural formation.

How?
Every cell in the body has a set of the instructions for that body, including the relevant bits for male or female.

But no cell in the body has the genetic information that codes for the "half way" stage- whether that's with both sets of bits, or neither.

So there's no instruction set to follow to bring about the change.

Essentially, there's no genetic code for "the willy drops off".

So your idea is doomed to fail.

Edited by John Cuthber

4 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

It won't fit. A typical virus has about 100,000 base pairs. You are trying to stuff in a thousand times more.

Nor does anyone else.

How?
Magic?

How?
Every cell in the body has a set of the instructions for that body, including the relevant bits for male or female.

But no cell in the body has the genetic information that codes for the "half way" stage- whether that's with both sets of bits, or neither.

Well, alright, it's good that you got questions, because there is some that I like to "get" an answer myself if you happen to "know" it.

1. Yes 1 million base pairs are too large for a virus, so I suggested using a bateria instead, I dunno if 150 million base pairs(the size of the X chromosome) would fit inside a bacteria.

2. Yes there is currently no method of bacteria targeting the entire body, so I made a separate post hoping that some wound repair mechanism would target every cells in the body(still working on this).

3. Once the 150 million base pairs of DNA from the bacteria "enters" the cell. The DNA goes into the nucleus, that's what virus do, all DNA goes to the nucleus for processing if not integrated into the host genome. From there the proteins in the nucleus would assemble the DNA into a chromosome(if prebuilt correctly, I can't find any articles on chromosome "building" not "packaging").

4. Once you get the X chromosome in the body. It's like having a bear chromosomes in the cell but you do not turn into a bear. You need to activate them through proliferation by regeneration(you can check my posts on regeneration).

5. Destroying the chomosome is an article I found done by Austrlia institution using crispr cas9.

P.S. Please take the time to read my work before you completely reject everything and say that my idea is doomed to fail. I'd like to make some friends on this forum.

Edited by fredreload

18 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

Nor does anyone else.

How?
Magic?

How?

I think I was being harsh, sorry John Cuthber. I'm not a chemistry expert =/, just a bypasser

It's not chemistry.
I'm not a geneticist, molecular biologist or medic, and I spotted that ... it had issues.

On 11/18/2018 at 5:18 PM, fredreload said:

I dunno if 150 million base pairs(the size of the X chromosome) would fit inside a bacteria.

Why not google it (like I did) and find out that they won't (by an order of magnitude or so), rather than posting stuff that's meaningless?

Once the 150 million base pairs of DNA from the bacteria "enters" the cell. The DNA goes into the nucleus, that's what virus do

And bacteria don't.

Please take the time to read my work before you completely reject everything

I not only read it, I quoted quite a lot of it.
Please take time to make a cursory check on the possibility of your ideas before posting them.

I'd like to make some friends on this forum.

You won't do that by posting stuff that makes no sense.

9 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

It's not chemistry.
I'm not a geneticist, molecular biologist or medic, and I spotted that ... it had issues.

Why not google it (like I did) and find out that they won't (by an order of magnitude or so), rather than posting stuff that's meaningless?

And bacteria don't.

Please take time to make a cursory check on the possibility of your ideas before posting them.

Well, let me enlighten you, this is the type of work the geneticist are doing right now. Combining and manipulating the yeast chromosome. Well alright, I am not sure if they are doing this in the nucleus or plasmid, but it seems pretty likely to be in the nucleus concerning the use of crispr cas9.

Size has never been a problem, for the DNA size, you could chop chromosome into 1000 1 million pieces DNA, the end result is you can still combine it inside the nucleus like a transformer, or with ligase. Here is how John Hopkins build a synthetic yeast genome from scratch.

This is how an Australian University destroy one of the chromosome with crispr.

Now if you've read all three of the articles from the links I posted you'd be wondering hmm, this is the time to do some serious work on chromosome manipulation. We could create an artificial chromosome, we could combine chromosomes together, and we could delete chromosome. Maybe we could smuggle chromosomes in and out of the cell(nucleus) when needed.

And I haven't got into regeneration research, people are also getting close on that field, check Michael Levin's newest research on regeneration.

12 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

It's not chemistry.

And bacteria don't.

I still sounds kind of harsh, but you need to be baptized by science :D, jk. Chromosomes make us equal, jk

Edited by fredreload

• 2 weeks later...