2 precise modification of DNA in vivo

fredreload

Alright, forget bout crispr, there is never going to be a time where crispr can modify every single parts of the body and at a precise location. That gives two methods which is currently science fiction based.

1. Modify DNA with optogenetics.

Simple as that, we got the light tweezer, we target a cell, and we use light to "cut" and "piece" together DNA to the desire strands we want. We either use one laser to modify every single cells in a fast pace, or have multiple beams that modify all cells at once. In other words it won't drift too far apart from magnetic field control.

2. Modify DNA with nanomachines

Well, talk about advancement in machinery in the nanometers. This programmed robot is precise in such a way that it works 100% of the time and is error proofed. While having a wireless connection with the outside computer. Talk about coordinated controlled drones.

I want you to tell me which method is more likely to be done, and in how many years.

5 hours ago, fredreload said:

Alright, forget bout crispr, there is never going to be a time where crispr can modify every single parts of the body and at a precise location. That gives two methods which is currently science fiction based.

1. Modify DNA with optogenetics.

Simple as that, we got the light tweezer, we target a cell, and we use light to "cut" and "piece" together DNA to the desire strands we want. We either use one laser to modify every single cells in a fast pace, or have multiple beams that modify all cells at once. In other words it won't drift too far apart from magnetic field control.

2. Modify DNA with nanomachines

Well, talk about advancement in machinery in the nanometers. This programmed robot is precise in such a way that it works 100% of the time and is error proofed. While having a wireless connection with the outside computer. Talk about coordinated controlled drones.

I want you to tell me which method is more likely to be done, and in how many years.

Alright, improved version.

1. Stays

2. Forget about mounting a laser on a machine and put it into the body. This could work but not in the next one hundred years. God knows how it will move and cut DNA at the correct place. The answer, use the enzymes that is already in the body. Helicase, DNA polymerase, and other enzymes are working at, if I must say, 100% perfectly to keep our body function readily. So any improvements will be an add on to the already existing enzyme. And there is Crispr, I am not taking credits for this, and it is not working 100% of the time until it could be adapted for human use.