What happens if I put 2 bacterial types in 1 petri dish? (bacterial conjugation)

CursedCrackers

So basically, I was trying to put 2 different bacterial types into 1 petri dish..... This falls under the topic of genetics due to me wanting to do bacterial conjugation process. But I'm not sure if I let them grow together and form and transfer DNA together while growing or separately grow them out and then put 2 into a different petri dish again and let them form. Would they kill each other? Would they grow into 1 mega bacteria? Any suggestions?

Conjugation only work when the they have the required genetic factors (especially in cross-species events these are located on plasmids). Otherwise it depends on the bacteria in question. If there are big differences in growth rate one might overgrow the other and you have a high likelihood of ending with one or the other after transfer. If not you typically will have a mixed culture. If you do dilution streaking you should spot different colonies, though. 

Unless they produce antibiotics, bacteriocines or other antimicrobial compounds or are one of the few predatory bacteria they should not kill each other. I have no idea what mean with mega bacteria.

@CharonY Bacillus subtilis and Escherichia coli strain k12, now they have the required factors. F- and F+ but the problem is here, it has extra's growing on top of the Bacillus that isn't supposed to look like Bacillus. It looks slightly darker in color, has 2 dots on the side, 1 green, 1 yellow, and some extra bits growing on top of the parts. Here I will link a picture... Now I put them under a microscope and I can sort of post a video on it flowing under the conditions of 80C (Would kill this Escherichia) I'm trying to have Bacillus and Escherichia exchange genes in the topic of high-temperature resistance. I might have a mixed culture who knows!

Under the microscope I grabbed a slide and stained it with methylene blue and put it on a hot plate to 80C, today, however, I am going to 150C (Normal survivable range of Bacillus and see if either can go over the limit.

Links to the pictures:

https://ibb.co/nfM6ef (Bacillus and E.COLI strain k12 combined.)

https://ibb.co/eqSezf (Bacillus and E.COLI strain k12 colonized.)