If there was no climate change, and the Earth was still

Olin

3 minutes ago, iNow said:

Gosh. If only I could quote myself to show what I actually said. 

Obvious troll is obvious. 

Why can't you quote yourself?  Would you like me to tutor you?

he he he

Edited by Olin

Just now, Olin said:

All resorts are tourist resorts kid, the point is that they are all on the beach and the huts are NOT UNDER WATER, in fact they seem to be quite happy

All resorts are not local habitats and farm land. The resorts are built over the water for obvious reasons...Tourists. That does not reflect the local living regions, and nor do the resorts exist on the smaller Islands, and are mainly on the main or big Islands. So really, you need to stop talking nonsense.

Ever heard of an Island in French Polynesia called Manihi Atoll?  or Niue? or Kiribati in Micronesia?

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2146594-eight-low-lying-pacific-islands-swallowed-whole-by-rising-seas/

6 minutes ago, beecee said:

All resorts are not local habitats and farm land. The resorts are built over the water for obvious reasons...Tourists. That does not reflect the local living regions, and nor do the resorts exist on the smaller Islands, and are mainly on the main or big Islands. So really, you need to stop talking nonsense.

Ever heard of an Island in French Polynesia called Manihi Atoll?  or Niue? or Kiribati in Micronesia?

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2146594-eight-low-lying-pacific-islands-swallowed-whole-by-rising-seas/

If the island was under water, and people were floating away, there would not be any tourist.  However all is normal

6 minutes ago, beecee said:

Coral atolls rise and fall, sheesh they are made of ocean life forms, there is no rock structure.  Hawaii is sinking back into the Pacific of it's own weight, this is normal, not caused by my straws.

Really

Edited by Olin

18 minutes ago, Olin said:

If the island was under water, and people were floating away, there would not be any tourist.  However all is normal

:rolleyes: Huh! How old are you?

Coral atolls rise and fall, sheesh they are made of ocean life forms, there is no rock structure.  Hawaii is sinking back into the Pacific of it's own weight, this is normal, not caused by my straws.

Really

Crap, ignorant crap. Coral Atolls are generally stable and many lived upon. Some are the result of ancient Volcanoes. There are also other Islands, non atolls, that are low lying, without your tourist resorts but inhabited by local Melanesians, Polynesians and Micronesians. Why are you so insensitive to the people that live in these places? Again, I must ask, how old are you? I simply do not believe the stupidity I am reading. Yes I have been to a few atolls as I was fortunate enough to sail the Pacific from Panama to Sydney over 4 months on a square rigged Barquentine. This is why your ignorance astounds me and why I ask, how old you are.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/may/10/five-pacific-islands-lost-rising-seas-climate-change

https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/pacific-island-nations-urge-world-leaders-to-act-as-islands-expected-to-sink/news-story/9416ac1726d1f8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_climate_change_on_island_nations#Sea_level_rise

One of the dominant manifestations of climate change is sea level rise. NOAA estimates that "since 1992, new methods of satellite altimetry (the measurement of elevation or altitude) indicate a rate of rise of 0.12 inches per year".[2] In addition, NASA calculates that average sea level rise is 3.41 mm per year and that sea level rise is directly caused by the expansion of water as it warms and the melting of polar ice caps.[3]Both of these changes are dependent on global warming and thus climate change. Sea level rise is especially threatening to low-lying island nations because seas are encroaching upon limited habitable land and threatening existing cultures. As Stefan Rahmstorf, a professor of Ocean Physics at Potsdam University in Germany notes "even limiting warming to 2 degrees, in my view, will still commit some island nations and coastal cities to drowning." [4] However it is also important to consider recent research which contradicts the claim that rising sea levels will necessarily submerge island nations. Studies done by Paul Kench, a geomorphologist at the University of Auckland, have shown that "reef islands change shape and move around in response to shifting sediments, and that many of them are growing in size, not shrinking, as sea level inches upward". However at the same time Kench states that "for the areas that have been transformed by human development, such as the capitals of Kiribati, Tuvalu, and Maldives, the future is considerably gloomier" because these islands can not adapt to rising sea levels and are therefore greatly threatened.[5]

Other effects of climate change[edit]

There are many secondary effects of climate change and sea level rise particular to island nations. According to the US Fish and Wildlife Service climate change in the Pacific Islands will cause "continued increases in air and ocean surface temperatures in the Pacific, increased frequency of extreme weather events, and increased rainfall during the summer months and a decrease in rainfall during the winter months".[6] This would entail distinct changes to the small, diverse, and isolated island ecosystems and biospheres present within many of these island nations. As sea level rises island nations are at increased risk of losing coastal arable land to degradation as well as salinification. Once the limited available soil on these islands is salinified it becomes very difficult to produce subsistence crops such as breadfruit. This would severely impact the agricultural and commercial sector in nations such as the Marshall Islands and Kiribati.[7] In addition local fisheries would also be severely affected by higher ocean temperatures and increased ocean acidification. As ocean temperatures rise and the pH of oceans increases, many fish and other marine species would die out or change their habits and range. As well as this, water supplies and local ecosystems such as mangroves, are threatened by global warming. The tourism sector would be particularly threatened by increased occurrences of extreme weather events such as hurricanes and droughts.[

Edited by beecee

1 hour ago, beecee said:

:rolleyes: Huh! How old are you?

Crap, ignorant crap. Coral Atolls are generally stable and many lived upon. Some are the result of ancient Volcanoes. There are also other Islands, non atolls, that are low lying, without your tourist resorts but inhabited by local Melanesians, Polynesians and Micronesians. Why are you so insensitive to the people that live in these places? Again, I must ask, how old are you? I simply do not believe the stupidity I am reading. Yes I have been to a few atolls as I was fortunate enough to sail the Pacific from Panama to Sydney over 4 months on a square rigged Barquentine. This is why your ignorance astounds me and why I ask, how old you are.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/may/10/five-pacific-islands-lost-rising-seas-climate-change

https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/pacific-island-nations-urge-world-leaders-to-act-as-islands-expected-to-sink/news-story/9416ac1726d1f8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_climate_change_on_island_nations#Sea_level_rise

One of the dominant manifestations of climate change is sea level rise. NOAA estimates that "since 1992, new methods of satellite altimetry (the measurement of elevation or altitude) indicate a rate of rise of 0.12 inches per year".[2] In addition, NASA calculates that average sea level rise is 3.41 mm per year and that sea level rise is directly caused by the expansion of water as it warms and the melting of polar ice caps.[3]Both of these changes are dependent on global warming and thus climate change. Sea level rise is especially threatening to low-lying island nations because seas are encroaching upon limited habitable land and threatening existing cultures. As Stefan Rahmstorf, a professor of Ocean Physics at Potsdam University in Germany notes "even limiting warming to 2 degrees, in my view, will still commit some island nations and coastal cities to drowning." [4] However it is also important to consider recent research which contradicts the claim that rising sea levels will necessarily submerge island nations. Studies done by Paul Kench, a geomorphologist at the University of Auckland, have shown that "reef islands change shape and move around in response to shifting sediments, and that many of them are growing in size, not shrinking, as sea level inches upward". However at the same time Kench states that "for the areas that have been transformed by human development, such as the capitals of Kiribati, Tuvalu, and Maldives, the future is considerably gloomier" because these islands can not adapt to rising sea levels and are therefore greatly threatened.[5]

Other effects of climate change[edit]

There are many secondary effects of climate change and sea level rise particular to island nations. According to the US Fish and Wildlife Service climate change in the Pacific Islands will cause "continued increases in air and ocean surface temperatures in the Pacific, increased frequency of extreme weather events, and increased rainfall during the summer months and a decrease in rainfall during the winter months".[6] This would entail distinct changes to the small, diverse, and isolated island ecosystems and biospheres present within many of these island nations. As sea level rises island nations are at increased risk of losing coastal arable land to degradation as well as salinification. Once the limited available soil on these islands is salinified it becomes very difficult to produce subsistence crops such as breadfruit. This would severely impact the agricultural and commercial sector in nations such as the Marshall Islands and Kiribati.[7] In addition local fisheries would also be severely affected by higher ocean temperatures and increased ocean acidification. As ocean temperatures rise and the pH of oceans increases, many fish and other marine species would die out or change their habits and range. As well as this, water supplies and local ecosystems such as mangroves, are threatened by global warming. The tourism sector would be particularly threatened by increased occurrences of extreme weather events such as hurricanes and droughts.[

The climate is changing, it always was.  Are you proposing to stop the Earth from doing something?

Cuz thats wealli funnnnni

Perhaps yo ucan do the superman thing and spin the Earth backwards

Jesus some people are dense

hqdefault.jpg

6 minutes ago, Olin said:

The climate is changing, it always was.  Are you proposing to stop the Earth from doing something?

Cuz thats wealli funnnnni

Can you show me where anyone has denied it...It is common knowledge. The problem is that you in your obvious ignorance, ignore the fact that humanity is adding to the rate and frequency of climate change.

I'm not sure if the baby photo is reflective of your age or not. 

Oh Olin, I understand that you can never concede when you have made a blunder in your ignorance, but your unsupported nonsensical statement re Australia having plenty of rain...

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/drought/

20181102.drought1.lr.col.gif

20181102.drought3.lr.col.gif

11 minutes ago, beecee said:

Can you show me where anyone has denied it...It is common knowledge. The problem is that you in your obvious ignorance, ignore the fact that humanity is adding to the rate and frequency of climate change.

I'm not sure if the baby photo is reflective of your age or not. 

Oh Olin, I understand that you can never concede when you have made a blunder in your ignorance, but your unsupported nonsensical statement re Australia having plenty of rain...

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/drought/

20181102.drought1.lr.col.gif

20181102.drought3.lr.col.gif

Try again

fire-flood-australia-map.jpg?w=640

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=australia+flood+map+2017&&view=detail&mid=16E5E101F8E6F0038ECA16E5E101F8E6F0038ECA&&FORM=VRDGAR

14 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

Their behaviour is a precursor to it.

Do you know how much pollution 100,000,000 buffalo made, farting methane all day.  CO2 and methane are normal, really, all plants need it.  

You have 2 choices, the same 2 choices as every life form.  

1. Adapt

2. Die

If you think your religion is going to change the temperature of the Earth............................think again

31 minutes ago, Olin said:

What are you on about...This is one of the aspects of climate change...fires floods, droughts etc etc. Your map from where ever does not invalidate my map from the BoM Bureau of Meteorology.

Again, how old are you?

A great part of Australia is still in drought and has been for two years..FACT!

Edited by beecee

12 minutes ago, beecee said:

What are you on about...This is one of the aspects of climate change...fires floods, droughts etc etc. Your map from where ever does not invalidate my map from the BoM Bureau of Meteorology.

Again, how old are you?

A great part of Australia is still in drought and has been for two years..FACT!

How old are you that you are claiming that fires floods and droughts are something new in World history, and they are not worse now, we have instant communication.  Remember if George Washington wanted to tell the English king to f off, and get a response, this would have taken a year, now it takes under 1 second.  So we see more, sooner, but there is no more

Grow up, or wake up.

So how are you going to stop fires, floods, tornadoes, and hurricanes.......

Seriously

3 hours ago, Olin said:

How old are you that you are claiming that fires floods and droughts are something new in World history, and they are not worse now, we have instant communication. 

So how are you going to stop fires, floods, tornadoes, and hurricanes.......

Seriously

Who said anything about them being new? as usual it is obvious now and as someone else mentioned that you probably are trolling, or just totally ignorant of the subject at hand, and like many trolls, will not admit when in error. Again are you man enough to admit you were wrong in claiming parts of Australia were not in drought? Do you have any concern at all for Pacific Islanders  of Polynesian, Micronesian or Melanesian extraction that reside on low lying Pacific Islanders that will be affected? 

Edited by beecee