Nonsense from What is gravitational slowing of time in center of mass?

Menan

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:44 AM, DimaMazin said:

How to define gravitational slowing of clock in center of mass?

The only thing that slows a clock is a power outage...……………….

Astronauts come back to Earth a portion of a second younger than if they did not go to space

Unprovable, just like dark matter, but you will describe it as though it is real anyway

Edited by Menan

6 minutes ago, Menan said:

Astronauts come back to Earth a portion of a second younger than if they did not go to space

Unprovable, just like dark matter, but you will describe it as though it is real anyway

Nonsense to your first statement. Time dilation is a fact and has been verified. Perhaps you should alleviate your scientific ignorance and check it out on the web. Or would you like me to do it for you?

12 minutes ago, Menan said:

LMGTFY

The scientists made the moving clock by accelerating lithium ions to one-third the speed of light. Then they measured a set of transitions within the lithium as electrons hopped between various energy levels. The frequency of the transitions served as the ‘ticking’ of the clock. Transitions within lithium ions that were not moving served as the stationary clock.

The researchers measured the time-dilation effect more precisely than in any previous study, including one published in 2007 by the same research group. “It’s nearly five times better than our old result, and 50 to 100 times better than any other method used by other people to measure relativistic time dilation,” says co-author Gerald Gwinner, a physicist at the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg, Canada.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/einsteins-time-dilation-prediction-verified/

It''s a fact.

Edited by StringJunky

8 minutes ago, beecee said:

Nonsense to your first statement. Time dilation is a fact and has been verified. Perhaps you should alleviate your scientific ignorance and check it out on the web. Or would you like me to do it for you?

When they send a monkey into space and it comes back alive 100 years later with a half eaten banana let me know

4 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

LMGTFY

It''s a fact.

It's a fact that you believe it's a fact, just like Einstein believed that the Universe was going to collapse on itself in a big crunch

Edited by Menan

15 minutes ago, Menan said:

When they send a monkey into space and it comes back alive 100 years later with a half eaten banana let me know

Your ignorance in science is outstanding. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/einsteins-time-dilation-prediction-verified/

http://www.physlink.com/Education/AskExperts/ae433.cfm

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-evidence-for-time-dilation

It's a fact that you believe it's a fact, just like Einstein believed that the Universe was going to collapse on itself in a big crunch

Wrong again...Einstein did not think or believe the universe was going to collapse. His theories suggested that the universe was dynamic and he thought it was static. He later accepted the observational evidence from Hubble that the universe was indeed dynamic but expanding. 

Edited by beecee

32 minutes ago, Menan said:

Can I suggest that all posts from Menan's first are removed because they are OT and spoil the thread for Dima.

Edited by StringJunky

27 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

Can I suggest that all posts from Menan's first are removed because they are OT and spoil the thread for Dima.

!

Moderator Note

Probably better to report the post to ensure it is seen - but done. With pleasure!