Egg in bottle

Itoero

41 minutes ago, Itoero said:

There is this 'experiment' to suck an egg into a bottle by lowering the pressure with heat.

Is there a way to remove the egg from the bottle without using vinegar and baking soda?

Heat the bottle.

Use chalk and hydrochloric acid.

Use one of those gas bottle openers that pumps CO2 into the bottle through the cork.

Put Mentos and coke in the bottle.

Put Champagne n the bottle and shake it.

32 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Break it.

Or that.

9 minutes ago, Strange said:

Heat the bottle.

Use one of those gas bottle openers that pumps CO2 into the bottle through the cork.

All of these require the eggshell be pre-softened by the vinegar, iirc how the experiment goes. But without the vinegar, each would be a spectacular way to break the egg. I was just going to smack the bottle. If either breaks, the egg is out.

24 minutes ago, Strange said:

Heat the bottle.

I'll stick with whiskey thank you very much.

17 hours ago, Strange said:

I have Mentos and coke :)

I find alcohol a bit 'expensive' to do this.

Can't I turn the bottle upside-down  (then egg  get's stuck in bottle opening) and put ice on the bottlebut to increase the pressure? It's a small bottle that used to contain chili sauce.

19 hours ago, Itoero said:

There is this 'experiment' to suck an egg into a bottle by lowering the pressure with heat.

Is there a way to remove the egg from the bottle without using vinegar and baking soda?

If you used pressure difference to put egg to the bottle, you can also reverse it, and use pressure difference to get it out of the bottle. Just place up-side-down bottle with egg, on e.g. lab tripod , in the bigger container (aquarium?) and lower pressure in it (vacuum pump? vacuum cleaner?)..

Edited by Sensei

2 minutes ago, Itoero said:

Can't I turn the bottle upside-down  (then egg gets stuck in bottle opening)

you can, but that's not the problem; getting the egg to stick before you lose the accelerant, that's the problem. 

21 minutes ago, Itoero said:

Can't I turn the bottle upside-down  (then egg  get's stuck in bottle opening) and put ice on the bottlebut to increase the pressure? It's a small bottle that used to contain chili sauce.

Ice would decrease the pressure. you need to heat it.

1 hour ago, swansont said:

I thought you did this with a peeled hard-boiled egg. I would think a regular egg would tend to crack once it fell inside the bottle, even with a softened shell.

If you put an egg (boiled or raw) in vinegar for a day, the acetic acid releases the calcium carbonate from the shell, making it pretty rubbery. Then you use your favorite procedure to get it in the bottle just like the peeled egg. After another day or so, the remaining calcium in the shell pulls carbon from the CO2 in the bottle, and the shell hardens again, leaving you with a hard-shelled egg in a bottle that will confuse and amaze.