New materials and ways to store electric energy.

hugo_faurand

Hello everyone !

I'm Hugo. I'm a french high school student. This year I've a project on new way to store electricity and their materials.I've done researches on super capacitors. But I've found only that "new way" to store electric energy. And for the material part, I don't know what I can search. So, could you help me ? Do you know other way to store electric energy except battery and super capacitor ? And could you tell me things like how materials are chosen for battery, why a material is a good conductor... ?
Thanks in advance.

Hugo

1 hour ago, hugo_faurand said:

Hello everyone !

I'm Hugo. I'm a french high school student. This year I've a project on new way to store electricity and their materials.I've done researches on super capacitors. But I've found only that "new way" to store electric energy. And for the material part, I don't know what I can search. So, could you help me ? Do you know other way to store electric energy except battery and super capacitor ?
Thanks in advance.

Hugo

Hello, Hugo and welcome to ScienceForums.

Congratulations on your excellent English. - I hope you can understand themy answer.

Part of a high school project is to discover what is possible and what is not.

So even a negative answer can be a good one.

There are no good ways to store electricity.

Even in  a battery it is converted to something else for storage.

By something else I mean another form of energy.

So for storage you need to widen your search.

Google Dinorwic and Cruachan.