Trump's Book of Hitler Quotes

Airbrush

"According to a 1990 Vanity Fair interview, Ivana Trump once told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that her husband, real-estate mogul Donald Trump, now a leading Republican presidential candidate, kept a book of Hitler's speeches near his bed.

"Last April, perhaps in a surge of Czech nationalism, Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler's collected speeches, My New Order, which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed ... Hitler's speeches, from his earliest days up through the Phony War of 1939, reveal his extraordinary ability as a master propagandist," Marie Brenner wrote.

Brenner added that Davis did acknowledge that he gave Trump a book about Hitler.

"But it was 'My New Order,' Hitler's speeches, not 'Mein Kampf,'" Davis reportedly said. "I thought he would find it interesting. I am his friend, but I'm not Jewish."

After Trump and Brenner changed topics, Trump returned to the subject and reportedly said, "If, I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them."

In the Vanity Fair article, Ivana Trump told a friend that her husband's cousin, John Walter "clicks his heels and says, 'Heil Hitler," when visiting Trump's office."

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trumps-ex-wife-once-said-he-kept-a-book-of-hitlers-speeches-by-his-bed-2015-8

This is new to me.  Did anyone else know about Trump's "Hitler Book"?  Trump recently called himself a "nationalist."

This is on the order of Trump's outrageous answer to Wendy Williams question "What do you have in common with Ivanka?"

His answer "Well...I was going to say sex but I can't blah, blah, blah..."  After Trump says "I was going to say sex, but I can't because" he mutters and you can't tell what he said after that.  I think is was "I can't relate that to her."  So SEX was a big thing on his mind when it came to his daughter.  Interesting that Ivanka's response to his outrageous comment was to GIGGLE, like "Oh Daddy is joking again, hahaha."  A normal response from her would be to ignore what he said and let the moment pass, and maybe even change the subject, as though what daddy just said was nonsense, NOT TRUE.  Her giggle, IMHO, amounts to confirmation of his comment.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=trump+on+wendy+williams+show+with+ivanka&&view=detail&mid=5C569CDBE9DDAB88BBC65C569CDBE9DDAB88BBC6&rvsmid=313CA659387BBCA6CFB3313CA659387BBCA6CFB3&FORM=VDQVAP

8 minutes ago, Airbrush said:

This is all new to me.  Did anyone else know about Trump's "Hitler Book"?

Trump is not widely viewed as a thoughtfully or purposeful person. He has existed in pop culture for decades and a caricature of himself. Like most reality TV stars Trump is understood to be an attention seeker. This vacuous public persona makes it difficult to take Trump's past seriously. Everything about Trump from his hair to his relationships seem like a facades. I strongly dislike Trump and even I have a hard time believing stories like this one about him. For starters I honestly do not believe Trump ever reads for leisure or to learn. So it is hard for me to believe he would have been studying Hitler. It is easier for me to imagine Trump having such material as a means to provoking those around him. It is hard to tell. It is yet another example of why he shouldn't be President. The line between poor taste and dangerous ideology is one I think leaders should be roosted on.

1 hour ago, Ten oz said:

For starters I honestly do not believe Trump ever reads for leisure or to learn.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/donald-trump-doesnt-read-much-being-president-probably-wouldnt-change-that/2016/07/17/d2ddf2bc-4932-11e6-90a8-fb84201e0645_story.html?utm_term=.2f67b1aa8328

According to this article, the only thing he reads are pieces about himself. He hates experts because they "can't see the forest for the trees", and they often go against his common sense. He claims knowledge in general distracts from his ability to shoot from the hip, that knowing things ahead of time is a bad for his decision-making process. He is the exact opposite of what I think an intelligent, rational, compassionate human should be. 

So I also don't believe this story. I also don't appreciate all the suggestive BS from the OP about what was on Trump's mind, guessing at his motives. I think Trump is the next Hitler for sure, but this is a science discussion site, and Trump is hardly a mastermind who leaves little evidence in his wake. Can we stop with the guesswork, and argue from what we know instead of using conspiracy and trying to psychoanalyze responses? 

1 hour ago, Phi for All said:

So I also don't believe this story. I also don't appreciate all the suggestive BS from the OP about what was on Trump's mind, guessing at his motives. I think Trump is the next Hitler for sure, but this is a science discussion site, and Trump is hardly a mastermind who leaves little evidence in his wake. Can we stop with the guesswork, and argue from what we know instead of using conspiracy and trying to psychoanalyze responses? 

When someone lies so brazenly and regularly as Trump there is no way to understand what they think. Even if they were to tell you it would most likely be a lie. Such behavior tempts speculation. It is a very difficult thing. Accurately pointing out the lies has done nothing to slow them from coming, disarm those you repeat them, or kept the liars out of power. I do not think Trump is a master mind but he does appear to have a firmer grasp of Sun Tzu's following quote than do those who oppose him: 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle".

Trump knows what he wants and who his opposition is. The GOP broadly knows those 2 things. I think the Progressive who what they want but are often clueless about who their opposition is. Progressives too often assume a correlation between being true and being embraced. Airbrush appears to be implying Trump is a pervert in the OP in addition to being a fan of Hitler. I think pervert (relative to common public standards) is true. The Hitler part to me seems far fetched but only because it involves reading. 

A book of quotes is hardly equivalent to a book of stories or some treatise on a topic. I don't find it hard to believe at all. He could do one quote per day, or while dropping deuces into his gold toilet. 

Then we can agree that Trump, by his own admission to Wendy Williams, is technically, a pervert, and Hitler was also known to be a pervert?

In the article, according to Davis, Trump lied to him 4 times in quick succession about the "Hitler Book."

3 minutes ago, Airbrush said:

Then we can agree that Trump, by his own admission to Wendy Williams, is technically, a pervert, and Hitler was also known to be a pervert?

In the article, according to Davis, Trump lied to him 4 times in quick succession about the "Hitler Book."

If Trump didn't lie, he wouldn't be Trump. Trump and the truth should never be spoken of in the same breath.

2 hours ago, Phi for All said:

….According to this article, the only thing he reads are pieces about himself. He hates experts because they "can't see the forest for the trees", and they often go against his common sense. He claims knowledge in general distracts from his ability to shoot from the hip, that knowing things ahead of time is a bad for his decision-making process....

Very interesting.  Trump thinks he is very smart because of his bubble of self-reflection, reinforced by a lifetime of constant agreement from his underlings.  He ran for office for attention, more than anything else.  Nothing he likes more than to Tweet and then listen to the reaction, all day everyday, and to see and hear himself in the news almost constantly.  This is heaven for him.

Obama, in contrast, did not think himself so smart that he would not consult with experts, the way Trump refuses to consult experts.  Trump keeps firing his staff until he has a team based on loyalty, above all else.  Nobody left around to challenge him. :o

Edited by Airbrush

9 minutes ago, Airbrush said:

It depends. Are you intending to use the definition for verb or a noun? 

Verb - alter (something) from its original course, meaning, or state to a distortion or corruption of what was first intended.

Noun - a person whose sexual behavior is regarded as abnormal and unacceptable.

Nouns, Trump and Hitler were both perverts and megalomaniacs with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD).  Very different upbringings, however.

"...NPD is personality disorder with a long-term pattern of abnormal behavior characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance, excessive need for admiration, and a lack of empathy.[2][3] Those affected often spend a lot of time thinking about achieving power or success, or on their appearance.[3] They often take advantage of the people around them.[3] The behavior typically begins by early adulthood, and occurs across a variety of social situations."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Edited by Airbrush

6 minutes ago, Airbrush said:

Very interesting.  Trump thinks he is very smart because of his bubble of self-reflection, reinforced by a lifetime of constant agreement from his underlings.

Obama, in contrast, did not think himself so smart that he would not consult with experts, the way Trump refuses to consult experts.  Trump keeps firing his staff until he has a team based on loyalty, above all else.  Nobody left around to challenge him. :o

I disagree. Trump doesn't care if he is smart or not anymore than he cared if Stormy Daniels was smart or not. Trump doesn't value being educated. Trump value things he likes and things he wants. Not getting enough of what he wants and/or not liking the people around him is why I think he fires people. Let's not forget that Trump often critiques the way people look is contemplating their suitability for different roles. 

Trump was said to be taken by the way Romney “looks the part” of a globe-trotting diplomat, according to people close to the transition process. Here

1 hour ago, Ten oz said:

Trump doesn't care if he is smart or not anymore

I would qualify this. At least he wants that folks think he is smart. After all, why else would he boast that China respects his "very, very large a brain". Or how else does one interpret this memorable presidential quote:

ook, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

He wants to appear smart. He just does not want to put the effort into it. But I agree he does not care if folks working with him are idiots or not as long as they are loyal.

15 minutes ago, CharonY said:

I would qualify this. At least he wants that folks think he is smart. After all, why else would he boast that China respects his "very, very large a brain". Or how else does one interpret this memorable presidential quote:

He wants to appear smart. He just does not want to put the effort into it. But I agree he does not care if folks working with him are idiots or not as long as they are loyal.

I disagree. I think your take is too mature and rational. Bratty children don't care if they are smarter than their teachers or parents. They just want what they want. During moments of annoyance a bratty child may claim to be smarter than whomever but normally it is just a form of antagonizing the person (s) they are talking to. To care about being smart one must place value in it. Why would Trump so value in being smart. Consider how many people smarter than Trump have called him boss throughout his whole life. How smart can anyone really be if they all do what an idiot tells them to do. That has always been the case for him. Growing up as a rich kid Trump had plenty of smart people serving him. Meanwhile thing that Trump appears to have genuine feelings towards is Ivanka. When he complements her it is nearly always centered around her looks. He clearly finds her attractive and there appears to be a direct correlation between that and why he cares for her. Donald doesn't care how smart Ivanka is or isn't. He care how her breasts and butt looks in outfits. 

On 10/30/2018 at 4:55 PM, StringJunky said:

If Trump didn't lie, he wouldn't be Trump. Trump and the truth should never be spoken of in the same breath.

I think he is closer to 50/50, but half the time he's telling the truth he thinks he's lying, and half the time it's not the truth he honestly thinks it is...so 25/25/25/25.

2 hours ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

I think he is closer to 50/50, but half the time he's telling the truth he thinks he's lying, and half the time it's not the truth he honestly thinks it is...so 25/25/25/25.

You know I really should look at more politicians like this.

Sometimes they're lying: soetimes they're just wrong.

Edited by Raider5678

2 hours ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

Personally, I don't consider anything honest about a person's thinking who actively doesn't learn, who purposely doesn't read, who openly doesn't listen to experts, and has vehemently justified it all so he can make any decision he feels like. The 25-50% you ascribe to honestly-thought-was-true was willfully and ignorantly derived. He is not an intellectually honest man in the first place, and I think you're forgetting that. 

1 minute ago, Phi for All said:

The 25-50% you ascribe to honestly-thought-was-true was willfully and ignorantly derived. He is not an intellectually honest man in the first place, and I think you're forgetting that. 

I kind of think of him like the football jocks in my class who don't pay attention because they're too busy trying to disturb class and then say stupid stuff about the subject later.

I don't blame them for lying, even though what they said was willfully and ignorantly derived.

I say they're wrong.

Just now, Phi for All said:

Personally, I don't consider anything honest about a person's thinking who actively doesn't learn, who purposely doesn't read, who openly doesn't listen to experts, and has vehemently justified it all so he can act any way he chooses. The 25-50% you ascribe to honestly-thought-was-true was willfully and ignorantly derived. He is not an intellectually honest man in the first place, and I think you're forgetting that. 

I think you are reading a little more into my post than I intended...

2 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

Apologizing, no.

But if someone accused them of lying I'd probably defend him.

I figured you would, since you said you don't blame the jocks for lying. I don't understand why you would defend the liars, but it sounds like you don't mind people saying disturbing, stupid stuff, and don't really consider it lying. Or maybe you do, I got mixed messages about this from you.

5 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

I figured you would, since you said you don't blame the jocks for lying. I don't understand why you would defend the liars, but it sounds like you don't mind people saying disturbing, stupid stuff, and don't really consider it lying. Or maybe you do, I got mixed messages about this from you.

I think people often feel obligated to defend things which hit close to home. 

9 minutes ago, Ten oz said:

I think people often feel obligated to defend things which hit close to home. 

I think it's blowback from an active effort by a lot of corrupt, older alpha male types to glamorize ruthless, extremely aggressive behavior in their business and personal lives. Liars can be forgiven, seemingly, as long as they make a lot of money while they lie (bankers really good at corruption almost never go to jail). They happily embrace fascism if it gives them an edge to exploit. They object to Trump until they see the gaps he's widening in the sheep's defenses that will allow these wolves more access, and now they also want to hail the only man who can possibly fix things.