I have a theory

Gluk

Hi, sorry if you see any mistakes, its not my mother language 

i have a theory came to my mind about gravity

if super massive star have huge amount of gravity, thats what we know

it explodes, and loose around 95% of her mass, doesnt mean that core mass should weaken?

that means the gravity it self is not affected by star, it affected by the matter in space and star forms, on gravitational “hole” on that place

then all around it makes sense, because after supernova it should loose mass, not become a black hole

what you guys think about it?

34 minutes ago, Gluk said:

Hi, sorry if you see any mistakes, its not my mother language 

i have a theory came to my mind about gravity

if super massive star have huge amount of gravity, thats what we know

it explodes, and loose around 95% of her mass, doesnt mean that core mass should weaken?

that means the gravity it self is not affected by star, it affected by the matter in space and star forms, on gravitational “hole” on that place

then all around it makes sense, because after supernova it should loose mass, not become a black hole

what you guys think about it?

You are not entirely wrong.

But the textbook example of a massive star losing mass due to gravitational collapse only predicts a loss of around 75% of its initial mass.

If it starts with a mass 16 times the solar mass, it should get to 4 solar masses left, which is enough that a complete collapse into a black hole will happen.

That is a pretty massive star to begin with. But a star like \(\rho\) Cassiopeiae which is visible with the naked eye from the earth is 40 times more massive than the Sun. 

Edited by taeto

Just to add that the reason that the original star collapses is that it runs low on hydrogen for fusion, and it was fusion energy that was preventing collapse. When the star explodes, the 75% that escapes takes most if not all of the remaining hydrogen, so the 25% that is left can't keep fusion going, so the star can't just keep burning at a smaller size. 

Without the release of fusion energy, the remnant collapses down to a super dense ball of neutrons, called a neutron star, if it's mass is less than about three times that of the Sun. If the remnant is bigger than that, it can't maintain it's structure, and it collapses further as a black hole.