is homosexuality unnatural and can be cured?

Bucky Barnes

3 hours ago, Strange said:

I’m afraid I find the scientific explanation more plausible than your “they’re just really aggressive” hypothesis. 

I don't see that the two are incompatible. Male lions are extremely aggressive, and especially so when taking over a pride. They may possibly be instinctively more aggressive against cubs at that point, because of inherited gene combinations that were favoured by that behaviour. 

If by the "scientific explanation" you mean that male lions somehow know that killing the cubs will bring the females into season, I would doubt that very much, and I'd like to see what scientists made that claim, and what their evidence was.

3 hours ago, dimreepr said:

don't the females move? what about a female cub?

No, lion prides are territorial, and yes they kill female cubs too. 

I'd be interested to know what they do about pregnant females, and their cubs when they give birth.

Edit: I just searched that on google and got an interesting page : https://lionaid.org/faqs_lions/why-do-male-lions-kill-cubs.htm 

They claim that the theory of males killing cubs to bring them into estrus has been disproved. (don't know how) and that they DON'T kill the cubs of pregnant females later. Don't know how valid it is, but it's worth a look.

30 minutes ago, mistermack said:

I don't see that the two are incompatible. Male lions are extremely aggressive, and especially so when taking over a pride. They may possibly be instinctively more aggressive against cubs at that point, because of inherited gene combinations that were favoured by that behaviour. 

Oh, and why would they have evolved to be more aggressive towards the cubs (that don't carry their genes)? Could it perhaps be that evolution has found that the male lion's genes can be more efficiently propagated if he doesn't;t waste his energy on cubs that carry someone else's genes but, instead, kills them and quickly produces some cubs to reproduce his own genes. 

32 minutes ago, mistermack said:

If by the "scientific explanation" you mean that male lions somehow know that killing the cubs will bring the females into season, I would doubt that very much, and I'd like to see what scientists made that claim, and what their evidence was.

Did anyone say that they "know" this? Of course they don't.

Homosexuality is definitely unnatural, as with transgenderism. Homosexuality can only be some sort of biological defect because humans are programmed to have sex for reproduction.

Humans are programmed with attracted to the opposite sex for the purpose of procreation. Attraction to the same sex means that there is something wrong with the person that caused the defect.

3 minutes ago, Endercreeper01 said:

Homosexuality is definitely unnatural, as with transgenderism. Homosexuality can only be some sort of biological defect because humans are programmed to have sex for reproduction.

Humans are programmed with attracted to the opposite sex for the purpose of procreation. Attraction to the same sex means that there is something wrong with the person that caused the defect.

Imagine raising someone for 18 years for them to believe that homosexuality is unnatural and that homosexuals have something wrong with them. Yikes. I suggest you have a quick look at the forum rules about slurs against groups of people before you post here next time. 

5 minutes ago, hypervalent_iodine said:

Imagine raising someone for 18 years for them to believe that homosexuality is unnatural and that homosexuals have something wrong with them. Yikes. I suggest you have a quick look at the forum rules about slurs against groups of people before you post here next time. 

There is nothing wrong with having a negative view towards homosexuals.

Just now, Endercreeper01 said:

There is nothing wrong with having a negative view towards homosexuals.

Except that there is everything wrong with being homophobic, for the same reason that its wrong to be racist. Views like yours that result in people from the LGBTQ community being and feeling marginalised and discriminated against. It leads to them being bullied in schools and in the community, and feeling like they are wrong simply for the unchangeable fact of who they are as a person. Do you honestly think that's ok? 

1 minute ago, hypervalent_iodine said:

Except that there is everything wrong with being homophobic, for the same reason that its wrong to be racist. Views like yours that result in people from the LGBTQ community being and feeling marginalised and discriminated against. It leads to them being bullied in schools and in the community, and feeling like they are wrong simply for the unchangeable fact of who they are as a person. Do you honestly think that's ok? 

That is just the result of homophobic views. It doesn't mean that homophobic views are themselves wrong.

Just now, Endercreeper01 said:

There are reasons for holding these views.

These reasons make it justified to hold these views. I'm not saying that it doesn't justify public shaming.

What possible reason could you have to hold views that contribute to the marginalisation and discrimination of a group of people for being who they are?  

7 minutes ago, hypervalent_iodine said:

What possible reason could you have to hold views that contribute to the marginalisation and discrimination of a group of people for being who they are?  

It doesn't have to be about me. It is about loyalty to my culture, religion, and race.

9 minutes ago, zapatos said:

As I said, I agree. And the reason is because there is something wrong with those who hold such views.

They are only considered wrong to those that shame them for holding such views. Those that hold them don't see them as wrong.

6 minutes ago, Endercreeper01 said:

It doesn't have to be about me. It is about loyalty to my culture, religion, and race.

They are only considered wrong to those that shame them for holding such views. Those that hold them don't see them as wrong.

You are doing a great job of defending offensive and unscientific views by waving your hands and hoping people look the other way.

5 minutes ago, mistermack said:

Well, I suppose that saves you from having to think for yourself. But all three seem pretty backward.

All three are a part of who I am.

9 minutes ago, zapatos said:

I understand your views, but I am not so easily fooled by the "message" you are pedaling. 

I would say the same towards this "message" of acceptance.

12 minutes ago, mistermack said:

Unfortunately most people are the same. Humans are very like sheep. They like to be led and told what to think. 

I think you're on the wrong forum. 

Being loyal to one's culture, religion, and race is about self identity. It is honurable. 

The sheep are those that follow the crowd of acceptance and tolerance.

1 hour ago, Endercreeper01 said:

Being loyal to one's culture, religion, and race is about self identity. It is honurable. 

The sheep are those that follow the crowd of acceptance and tolerance.

So those that supported the terrible and unjust cruelty during the Inquisition were honourable, because it was the culture, and religion acceptable at that time?

10 minutes ago, Endercreeper01 said:

You are seeing my message in a very simplistic way.

No, you are explaining away all possible explanations due to the fact that you have this ID of some sort, agenda and the bias associated with it..

Edited by beecee