is homosexuality unnatural and can be cured?

Bucky Barnes

since the penis is made for vagina and not the rectum i wonder if homosexuality is unnatural putting aside ethics or freedom and rights of such gays, is it an unnatural act and mentality for homosexuality , man erotic over man, woman erotic over woman

one may say there is acts of such in the wild, but does it matter? that may also be unnatural also

13 minutes ago, Bucky Barnes said:

one may say there is acts of such in the wild, but does it matter? that may also be unnatural also

In this case, you're using a definition of "unnatural" that includes perfectly natural animals. Perhaps this is why you're confused about homosexuality. You don't like it personally, so you want to make it unnatural for every creature, possibly? If you see this as a problem (I do), this is where you should begin. Confirmation bias can really mess up a good worldview.

thank u for ur reply, much appreciated

but I am wondering if penis is made vagina, it is natural, but penis rub penis, vagina rub vagina, penis in anus, seems very unnatural, even for an animal, if they do it, there seems no point in such things besides maybe pleasure but seems as though it was not made for such things so i deem unnatural 

16 minutes ago, Bucky Barnes said:

thank u for ur reply, much appreciated

but I am wondering if penis is made vagina, it is natural, but penis rub penis, vagina rub vagina, penis in anus, seems very unnatural, even for an animal, if they do it, there seems no point in such things besides maybe pleasure but seems as though it was not made for such things so i deem unnatural 

You're using the term "unnatural" to mean "I don't like it", instead of the most widely accepted definition "as it occurs in nature".

You could say it's not "normal", but you can't say it's unnatural. Do you consider humans in general to be outside of nature?

You're also requiring sex to produce offspring, and that's only one of its processes. Are you claiming that heterosexual couples who don't have kids are "unnatural"?

55 minutes ago, Bucky Barnes said:

since the penis is made for vagina and not the rectum i wonder if homosexuality is unnatural putting aside ethics or freedom and rights of such gays, is it an unnatural act and mentality for homosexuality , man erotic over man, woman erotic over woman

If the penis is made for the vagina does that mean celibacy is unnatural? Your dichotomy between natural vs unnatural creates any endless list of unnatural acts. Why stop at what the penis is made for. Semen is made to reproduce. That doesn't mean all ejaculation which isn't in the attempt to reproduce is unnatural. Nature doesn't work this way. Anything which exists in nature is natural. Homosexuality does naturally exist just as Heterosexuality does.  

2 hours ago, Bucky Barnes said:

since the penis is made for vagina

Please, give solid arguments why you think that.

Above all, humans and higher primates are thought to be the only species to enjoy sex, and not only do it for reproductive purposes. So imho, this statement becomes false.

1 hour ago, Bucky Barnes said:

seems as though it was not made for such things so i deem unnatural 

This is the fallacy of begging the question: "I think this behaviour is not natural so engaging in this behaviour must be unnatural."

Keep your hands off yourself because it's only for procreation and going to the toilet. 

1 hour ago, Bucky Barnes said:

but seems as though it was not made for such things so i deem unnatural 

This reasoning is faulty and dangerous for you, since it lets you fill in the gaps in your knowledge with your feelings

Since we have numerous examples of homosexuality in nature, it's unnatural to expect there to be a right or wrong "mentality" concerning the subject. It's clear that nature has no problem with the diversity in sexual orientation we see in animals (including humans). What YOU are suggesting is unnatural based on observation.

one may say there is acts of such in the wild, but does it matter?

Yes it does, unless you start using a different term to describe it. "In the wild" is about as natural as it gets, by definition.

10 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

Keep your hands off yourself because it's only for procreation and going to the toilet. 

Ironically penis replacements like lamborghinis, Vacheron Constantin watches, and bottles of cristal can't do either of those. 

2 hours ago, Function said:

Please, give solid arguments why you think that.

Above all, humans and higher primates are thought to be the only species to enjoy sex, and not only do it for reproductive purposes. So imho, this statement becomes false.

I am more than a little skeptical of this claim. I am certainly not an expert in evolution or biology, but I find it hard to believe we acquired this as late in our evolution as this would suggest. 

23 minutes ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

I am more than a little skeptical of this claim. I am certainly not an expert in evolution or biology, but I find it hard to believe we acquired this as late in our evolution as this would suggest. 

Dolphins are an obvious easy counter example

Homosexuality is natural. Because reproduction is natural, and some people are born homosexual. Children turn out homosexual, in spite of all the different treatment of boys and girls as they grow up. People are gay IN SPITE of conditioning, so it's obvious that they are born gay.

If you're born gay, then it's obviously natural. 

It's natural that more people are born straight than gay. Otherwise the species would suffer. But it's not unnatural for SOME people to be born gay. Otherwise, it wouldn't happen. It occurs naturally. There's no mystery.

You could debate WHY it happens naturally, but if you can't see that it DOES happen naturally, then you have a problem with the obvious.

Being homosexual allows 'you' to take care for the offspring of  your pack or family since 'you' have no offspring. In humans, this changed, but in (other) animals you can still see this.

In lion packs young male members are generally chased away by the leading male(s), when the young males start to show interest for the females of the pack. If a young male is homosexual then he will not show interest in females and will not be chased away by the leading male(s). So that lion pack will become a lot stronger.

It's a silly title but that's called the gay uncle hypothesis.

I'd say that homophobia is fairly normal in humans. I remember as a kid, having no idea whatsoever that there were men out there who were attracted to other men. When I was first told, (gleefully by my elder brother), I was so disgusted by the notion, that I put my fingers in my ears and did la la la la, so that I couldn't hear what he persisted in telling me. I thought he was making it up, and he was just talking about men kissing other men, not the hard sex details, which I had no real notion of at the time anyway.

That's not my reaction now, but it was back then, as someone who knew absolutely nothing about it. 

Saying that homophobia is a normal reaction doesn't make it right or desirable or fair. It's just instinctive. Or it was to me anyway. I don't think it was through conditioning or stereotyping as a kid. It was just a natural first reaction.

I've read accounts by gay men who said that they grew up with similar feelings to mine, and were shocked to begin experiencing attraction to other men. All I can say is I'm glad it didn't happen to me, but if it did, I'd have no option other than to make the best of it.