Which types of saliva samples are best for preservering DNA?

Futuregenetics

Hello folks,

I want to store saliva samples for a long time that is for more than 7 years.

Different companies seems to offer different types of saliva samples. For example, some of them offer saliva samples testing for family background while others offer saliva samples for

disease risk. Which type of saliva sample would be best for long-term storage of DNA at home? Have a great day and thank you in advance for answering.

I don't think your question makes a lot of sense, or I am missing some information. In both of the cases you mention, isn't the sample the same (i.e. saliva)? It is just the test that is different. Out of curiosity, what exactly is the end goal is with all of this? Why do you need to store samples at all, let alone for that long? 

Dna is dna. It's (nearly) all identical, so you can't take different types of sample.

I would imagine that they are offering different kinds of tests, on the same samples. It's usual to take swipe samples of loose cells from the cheeks. (epithelial cells I think).