Natural way to grow taller than your potential height?

6431hoho

I'm 15 and I'm 6'1...

I think the best way to grow taller is from doing lots of sports...

I play basketball everyday and I guess that's why I'm tall for my age...(not too tall either)

Could it be that you play basketball because you're tall, rather than your tall because you play basketball?

I would just say genetics+environment=phenotype like usual, and yes even for people. I don’t have the same hair or eye color as either of my parents, both sides of my family contain tall people as I am short at six foot. I knew this one family where both the parents were halfway towards six feet in height and the first born in late middle school was already taller and bigger then both of them, so for what its worth you might be getting something from a great-grandfather or mother with a twist.

Im about to 18 in a month, i sleep just about 2-3 glass of milk every night.

my dad is 5'10" and mom is 5'5". I am also 5'5". When i was in high school i did party some,( not a lot, more around my last year ). but now looking back on it i wish i wouldnt of cause it might of stunt my growth. i go to the gym everyday and do cadio and weights. i take a protien supplement and creatine for working out. but im not sure if im stuning my growth? please help if can:-(

Once the growth plates in the long bones have fused growth hormone stimulates growth only in other bone types like the jaw. You finish up with a prognathic jaw, heavier eyebrow ridges, and big hands and feet.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 17 and I'm about 5'6-5'7 ft and my doctor says that it would be a miracle if I even make it to 5'8 ft, is there a way my doctor is wrong? My cousin was 5'6 and then suddenly he got a 6 in growth at the age of 13.

I'm 17 and I'm about 5'6-5'7 ft and my doctor says that it would be a miracle if I even make it to 5'8 ft, is there a way my doctor is wrong? My cousin was 5'6 and then suddenly he got a 6 in growth at the age of 13.

Sure he could be wrong. But it doesn't sound likely. I'm surprised he hasn't suggested growth hormone, so I wonder if there's something about your physiology precluding that solution. Why don't you go see an endocrinologist? Unless you're not worried about it...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Maybe too in the liquid around a growing foetus (amniotic) should stay a heap of growth signal molecules ?? I don't know if there are references of injection of this liquid or application like a cream on organs ?

Edited by kleinwolf

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 14, around 6 foot, and i can dunk man. It's a about your power to weight ratio. Work out and eat healthy. I eat nothing but crap and junk food, so i wonder what my vertical would be if i was 100% healthy. (and my back would stay uninjured for longer than 5 minutes.)

• 1 month later...

i was searching online and this post came up, im here to honestly telyou that iv tried most exercises and diet and that NONE of them work dudes, iv also tried a height system from heightsecrets.com that too had alot of hype, i used for 2 months and got 4.67 cm of growth which is not what i DESIRED but i mean 4.6 cm is like almost 5 cm which is kinda big, other than that iv tried most e books shoes and systems, none work, good luck

Sorry, but "someone said they know someone who got the benefit" isn't really reliable. Maybe those folks just had growth spurts that would have happened anyway, even if they'd be playing computer games instead of sports.

Sorry, but "someone said they know someone who got the benefit" isn't really reliable. Maybe those folks just had growth spurts that would have happened anyway, even if they'd be playing computer games instead of sports.

Indeed, i',m guessing all these people who magically grew after being on some height scheme for 5 years were aged between 15-20 and were going to grow anyway but so lacked in self esteem they thought they would waste there time trying to speed up the process.

• 3 months later...

15 and 5'9"? You have no worries. My son is also 15 and around 5' even, if not shorter. He takes growth hormone prescribed by an endocrinologist and it has helped, but I doubt they would agree to any treatment for you since you're plenty tall.

If you're going to do it though, definitely see a doctor about it. This stuff is really dangerous and there is a variety of growth hormone the doctor can prescribe, suited for you. This is important.

hey man im 5'6 too and im 18, expet i was 5'6 wen i was 14 too so its like i stopped growing then...is it possible for a growth spurt or anything or sumhow stunted my growth...my moms 5'2 and my dads 5'9.. id think i should at least be 5'8 or not stop growing at 14...but do you think growth hormone would be safe for me..like ive always eaten reallly healthy...exercise lots and drink milk alll the time....i talked to my doctor and she didnt really seem to care she said its not needed if your 5'6 but personally id want it and the fact taht i stopped growing 4 eyars ago is weird and shes not really helping out so do you have any advice?? thnkks

Initially the topic was for natural methods for growth. I think we have moved past the natural growth discussion.

I think it is best to know consider unnatural growth. There is a book called:

"Human Growth Hormone, Research and Clinical Practice". Roy G. Smith. Michael O. Thorner. Humana Press. New Jersey. 2000.

• 4 months later...

I registered specifically to ask this question - what do you guys say about EXERCISES like stretching and others in regards to growing taller? Do they benefit height increase in any way?

I found several exercises around the next. Here for example:

http://how2growtaller.com

are some basic stretching exercises people say contribute growing.

Similar ones but yoga exercises:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Grow-Taller-Through-Stretching-Exercises-An-Other-Tips

I heard people say that they don't do anything and others claim they are super effective. I don't know what to believe honestly.

This is really important for me guys, I am 17 but really need to grow taller. I don't want being 174 for all life :(

As far as I know there are little plates on the end of your bones from which new bone comes from. Once you hit your late teens those plates turn into regular bone, which means at 18 or so you stop growing. Taking HGH after the plates have hardened won't have much effect on your height. There may be, however, a hormone that reforms those growth plates, I don't know about that.

I registered specifically to ask this question - what do you guys say about EXERCISES like stretching and others in regards to growing taller? Do they benefit height increase in any way?

I found several exercises around the next. Here for example:

http://how2growtaller.com

are some basic stretching exercises people say contribute growing.

Similar ones but yoga exercises:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Grow-Taller-Through-Stretching-Exercises-An-Other-Tips

I heard people say that they don't do anything and others claim they are super effective. I don't know what to believe honestly.

This is really important for me guys, I am 17 but really need to grow taller. I don't want being 174 for all life :(

174 cm is not something you should worry about. If you look at the average height of males around the world your right there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

Supposedly, human growth hormone injections help increase height. I'm not sure how effective they would be at your age, though. Maybe they would work. I'm not sure.