Natural way to grow taller than your potential height?

6431hoho

Hi

I'm 15, 5"9 and am about 159 pounds. I wanted to know how i can get taller naturally to at least 6 foot so I visited some websites.

Few of the sites I visited are:

http://www.heightmax.com

http://www.heightboosting.com

http://www.growtaller.net

http://www.tobetaller.com

All of these sites seem fake and dangerous but I'm not sure. Have any of you used these or have betteer suggestions to grow taller?

Don't use any of those, they are just like those penis enlargement scams. I am 16 and I am 6' 2" and all the doctors I have talked to say I will keep growing till I am about 20. I am assuming you are male. You are 15, and using that stuff when you are 15 is THE MOST DANGEROUS THING YOU CAN DO. You are at teh point in your life where you will be having growth spurts like crazy. It's very dangerous for you to use that stuff. You will continue to grow naturally until you are 20, maybe even 25. Why are you so concerned about being tall at 15? I am thinking will will about 6 feet by the time you are 18.

I'm concerned because I dont get taller anymore just heavier. Plus, taller guys always get the most respect (stupid, but true) and has the advantage of never being challenged to a fight. I always wanted to dunk too, but I'm too short :(

I think height is precoded. So long as you eat right, excercise and get enough sleep you should reach your maximum height.

Oh, and the respect thing may or may not be true. But the link between height and heart attacks is proven to be true. The taller you are, the shorter your life. :eek:

Plus, taller guys always get the most respect (stupid, but true) and has the advantage of never being challenged to a fight.
An illusion, I assure you. Some of the toughest guys I know are shorter than average (more experience in fights than tall guys?).

Medically, I suppose someone has to fall for the "get tall quick" schemes. Charlatans and snake-oil salesmen have to make a living too.

Don't confuse respect with intimidation. You want respect, earn it by being a respectable person.

Don't confuse respect with intimidation. You want respect' date=' earn it by being a respectable person.[/quote']

If that worked it would be a much finer world than it is.

It's just an old wives tale, but drinking lots of milk might help. Excellent stuff for the growing bones.

BTW i have a cousin who was short all through childhood until he hit 16 and just sprouted. Give it time, you could be naturally tall yet.

... taller guys always get the most respect (stupid, but true) and has the advantage of never being challenged to a fight. I always wanted to dunk too, but I'm too short :(

Taller and good-looking people tend to get better jobs, higher pay, and faster promotions. So you have a point. On the other hand, you can get the same effect with 'presence'; people usually thought my parents were nearly six feet tall and they were both about 5' 6".

And knowing how to stand up to agression without resorting to violence is a very handy skill in life, so shorter is an advantage there.

If you want to discourage that kind of harassment, watch your posture. Spine straight, shoulders just very slightly forward, chin slightly down, and roll off the balls of your feet when walking.

Stay away from caffiene.

And start watching women's basketball.

• 2 weeks later...

As former boxer/submission wrestler I can tell you that being short can be advantageous in a fight if you understand how to use it. I'm 5'2 and have easily defeated guys taller than 6'2, sometimes with pure boxing skill. Inside boxing combined with dirty boxing can easily make short work of most the trash a trained fighter has to deal with on the streets. And since a lot of fights end up with grappling, a lower center of gravity helps a lot in wrestling. So yes, if you understand even the most basics of fighting, you'd know that because someone is shorter than you doesn't mean it is going to be an easy win.

Not that fighting is a good way to solve problems (MMA is an awesome hobby, and reccomend it to anyone at least to try) but sometimes there's no other way out. I don't reccomend it unless someone is threatening your friends or family members with significant force, and you're 100% sure someone is going to raped, killed, and maimed if you don't act.

The only way that I know of to increase your predetermined height is to take HGH while still growing. I definitely wouldn't recommend that to anyone who already has a normal amount though, because you could end up with a lot more problems than just being shorter than you would like.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Well there are some hormones that could do the trick. Not the whole way but could probably help a little - but don't do it, and here is why.

You are only 15, a male's body is fully developed when it is 25 - so you still got 10 more years to grow in. Doing something at this point would only make it dangerous and rather stupid. As a nutritionist I can only advice you to eat healthy if you want to grow, get your 8-9 hours of sleep and in general have a healthy lifestile! Exercising is also good for your body!

If you are still not convinced, watch a few documentaries regarding when small people (e.g. dwarfs) try to get taller - that is nasty what they are doing!!

In addition to being unwise the problem is logically impossible. Your potential height is as tall you as you can get. You can't get taller than "as tall as you can get".

However I made that point just so as I can re-itterate the advice given above; it's not worth it (I'm rather older than you so I won't be doing any more growing and I'm 5' 9''. It doesn't bother me)

Hi

I'm 15, 5"9 and am about 159 pounds. I wanted to know how i can get taller naturally to at least 6 foot so I visited some websites.

Few of the sites I visited are:

http://www.heightmax.com

http://www.heightboosting.com

http://www.growtaller.net

http://www.tobetaller.com

All of these sites seem fake and dangerous but I'm not sure. Have any of you used these or have betteer suggestions to grow taller?

15 and 5'9"? You have no worries. My son is also 15 and around 5' even, if not shorter. He takes growth hormone prescribed by an endocrinologist and it has helped, but I doubt they would agree to any treatment for you since you're plenty tall.

If you're going to do it though, definitely see a doctor about it. This stuff is really dangerous and there is a variety of growth hormone the doctor can prescribe, suited for you. This is important.

In addition to being unwise the problem is logically impossible. Your potential height is as tall you as you can get. You can't get taller than "as tall as you can get".

That's not true though. They call mine and my son's condition Ideopathic Short Stature. There are formulas available to keep the cartilage growth going and postpone the point at which the epiphyseal plate completely ossifies. Coupled with growth hormone this allows for height beyond your natural born potential.

BTW i have a cousin who was short all through childhood until he hit 16 and just sprouted. Give it time, you could be naturally tall yet.

Oh man, I heard that from everybody from the time I was 13 into my late teens. I wish I could find all those people and kick the shit out of them. I declined growth hormone therapy partly because of this anecdotal support. :doh:

Actually, I declined because I insisted on being "who I am". Stupid, stupid, stupid. It wasn't until my early 30's that I stopped and thought, what the hell have I done? My parents should have made me do it instead of leaving it up to me. Oh well, I'm cool with it, but it would have been nice to be at least average height. 5'6" ain't bad and I do run across shorter people.

Hell, if I just moved to Mexico or Japan I'd be average if not a little over. ;)

what would happen if a person who has stopped growing, like at age 25, takes growth hormone. would he start growing again? or is it too late? i am 22, and i don't think i'm growing anymore. i am not sure though - maybe i am growing a little. nevertheless, i am 5'7" and i was supposed to reach 5'11", but the whole genes coupled with environment factor kicked in, because i developed Crohn's Disease at age 15. My doc said to my mom way back that it definitely might have stunted my growth. Wikipedia also says that, so it's pretty much settled from that :D sighhh...what to do? what to do?

what would happen if a person who has stopped growing, like at age 25, takes growth hormone. would he start growing again? or is it too late? i am 22, and i don't think i'm growing anymore. i am not sure though - maybe i am growing a little. nevertheless, i am 5'7" and i was supposed to reach 5'11", but the whole genes coupled with environment factor kicked in, because i developed Crohn's Disease at age 15. My doc said to my mom way back that it definitely might have stunted my growth. Wikipedia also says that, so it's pretty much settled from that :D sighhh...what to do? what to do?

Hate to sound like a broken record, but contact an endocrinologist. Probably your bones are done growing in length due to cartilage ossification. This process happens in your twenties. That's what kept me from being able to use growth hormone for height here in my 30's. If you're lucky, you can still get a few years of therapy in before it happens.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think a combination of the two above posts would be my advice. Sports keep your muscles tight and Pilates (or "Teh Rack") is designed to strengthen and stretch the muscle. And of course, the muscle is attached to the bone.

I'm 5'12" (That's what I usually tell people) and I was in MMA for a few years, it's true that taller is NOT always an advantage but the long limbs can be.

;)