Are all matter/anti matter living, in some sense

Dankfinger

I would first ask myself what the benefits of such an expanded definition of life are. "In some sense" gives me a tenuous relationship to just about anything. Will that be helpful in a meaningful way? If I consider a rock to be living in some sense, how will that change my perceptions of it?

Also, I think that broadening the definition of "living" to include all matter would render the word fairly meaningless (semantic bleaching) and so we would need to invent a new word to describe the things that we currently consider to be "alive".

And why is this in Quantum Theory?

On 10/25/2018 at 1:48 AM, Dankfinger said:

meh, guess i wont get an answer

Are all matter/anti matter living, in some sense?

Not at all, although scientifically speaking, at one time there was no life, then sometime later there was....So that is the prime evidence for the process of Abiogenesis, or the evolution of life from inert matter/anti-matter.

How does our OP define living? 

On 10/24/2018 at 10:48 AM, Strange said:

Deepak Chopra, similar peddlers of woo, and the countless many who fall victim to its siren call. 

7 minutes ago, iNow said:

How does our OP define living? 

Deepak Chopra, similar peddlers of woo, and the countless many who fall victim to its siren call. 

I'm now getting the Magazine Gaia nonsense infecting the Facebook page I sometimes comment on...:rolleyes: 

13 hours ago, et pet said:

Well, depending on the rock, you might just end up taking it for Granite.

You may think I'm without compassion, but I have several quartz at mica mand. And massif amounts of evidence that suggests rock is non-living, despite what that awesome Who song says.

53 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

You may think I'm without compassion, but I have several quartz at mica mand. And massif amounts of evidence that suggests rock is non-living, despite what that awesome Who song says.

Really, not worth thinking about you at all, other than maybe...:

Eye wooden wanna-be yeah in the mid doll of duh night,

wall kin two an Al E., wall kin too mize  ight.

Noah wooden wanna-be use on this tree tall a loan,

have TUE reel E knead me, save a Bro kin Bough N.

Si they's ain't uh Lot O pea pull that eye reel E. lye cuh

Ain't  uh Lot of reeze and it ano panacea, attain an other mill yeah an eye still wooden wanna-be yeah!

Weight in 4 the seas and onomatopoeia, if use a grease say I...aye...

...eye's till wooden wanna-be yeah!

Edited by et pet

• 1 month later...
On 24/10/2018 at 4:53 PM, Strange said:

Not by the usual definition of "living", no.

Yeah, right would have to make another definition for the things we consider living now then, like strange said.

On 24/10/2018 at 5:48 PM, Strange said:

Because I think dark matter flowing around in some state of "living" interconnected with all other matter, and yeah, seems pretty quantum to me.

• 4 weeks later...