Planets Magnetic fields

Theredbarron

2 minutes ago, Theredbarron said:

Spin that ball really fast like a planet then tell me what happens. 

That ball can spin much faster than the earth or any planet. The surface of a steel ball could exceed the earths rotational speed by many orders of magnitude... 

Spin that ball really fast like a planet then tell me what happens. 

Drafting look it up. Its everywhere. 

Drafting in no way supports your claims. Gravity is the dominant force and is the one responsible for shaping the universe. 

8 minutes ago, Theredbarron said:

Mine is less mythical then your spacetime stuff that has no physical prove of being true only some numbers. My version is actually happening all the time and in plane site. you being confused on how drafting causes density changes is not my fault. 

Again you are incorrect, in fact satellite positioning systems have to take gravitational forces into account, those forces are calculated with gravity as a warping of space time.. 

Edited by Moontanman

1 minute ago, Theredbarron said:

Mine is less mythical then your spacetime stuff that has no physical prove of being true only some numbers. My version is actually happening all the time and in plane site. you being confused on how drafting causes density changes is not my fault. 

Rubbish.....spacetime is seen to be warped, bent, twisted and even in the forms of undulations which we call gravitational waves. Your mythical claims are just that....mythical.

Show me something sitting still attracting matter. Magnets can do this if they could sit still. 

The gravitational pull of a large rock sitting still in relation to you can measured quite accurately and in same cases has to be measured to insure accuracy of instruments... 

Just now, beecee said:

Rubbish.....spacetime is seen to be warped, bent, twisted and even in the forms of undulations which we call gravitational waves. Your mythical claims are just that....mythical.

seen by who and what optical bending was happening at those distances? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_wave

On 11 February 2016, the LIGO and Virgo Scientific Collaboration announced they had made the first observation of gravitational waves. The observation was made five months earlier, on 14 September 2015, using the Advanced LIGOdetectors. The gravitational waves originated from a pair of merging black holes.[7][8][9] After the initial announcement the LIGO instruments detected two more confirmed, and one potential, gravitational wave events.[10][11] In August 2017, the two LIGO instruments and the Virgo instrument observed a fourth gravitational wave from merging black holes,[12] and a fifth gravitational wave from a binary neutron star merger.[13] Several other gravitational wave detectors are planned or under construction.[14]

I can bend light without using spacetime. 

Not without a medium... Gravity can bend light because gravity is the warping of spacetime, a magnetic field cannot bend light... 

Edited by Moontanman

At this stage it is obvious you are not interested in astronomy or cosmology and the observations of gravitational lensing, frame dragging and gravitational waves. All these are overwhelmingly supported by the evidence, despite you refusing to recognise that fact.

3 minutes ago, Theredbarron said:

I can bend light without using spacetime. 

Light slows down in a medium and we see that as an apparent "bending"" eg...a straw in a glass....

water

gases

moving air fast enough

those are all mediums not spacetime

Light follows geodesics in spacetime. While spacetime is not a physical entity, it is real enough and that is apparent in observing it to be warped, bent, twisted and waved.

1 minute ago, Moontanman said:

damn man do you not pay attention? Gravity can bend light without a medium, a magnetic field cannot... 

I believe this is now simply trolling and denying the obvious.

12 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

damn man do you not pay attention? Gravity can bend light without a medium, a magnetic field cannot... 

Does it bend it or is the gravity moving the photons changing its direction? I kinda thought that the density of gases content of a planet or whatever is being observed would bend light or refract it. Like when you see heat rising you can see it blur light.  

Does it bend it or is the gravity moving the photons changing its direction? I kinda thought that the density of gases content of a planet or whatever is being observed would bend light or refract it. Like when you see heat rising you can see it blur light.  

The effects of heat rising or gasses or glass is a medium, they interact with light by reflecting it in some way, those things are matter. Gravity bends space time, light follows space time even though there is no matter there... 

11 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

The effects of heat rising or gasses or glass is a medium, they interact with light by reflecting it in some way, those things are matter. Gravity bends space time, light follows space time even though there is no matter there... 

And How does this attract matter by bending light? I dont see the connection between light and us staying on the surface of Earth. It seems a little like fantasy when someone bases a theory on an observation of light when all the action is happening in front of us. 

And How does this attract matter by bending light? I dont see the connection between light and us staying on the surface of Earth. It seems a little like fantasy when someone bases a theory on an observation of light when all the action is happening in front of us. 

[1] Mass/energy warps curves, or changes the geometry of flat spacetime.

[2] When that happens, it is felt as gravity.

[3] When spacetime is warped in the presence of mass/energy, light from a distant object will follow geodesics in that warped spacetime.

[4] Even light itself will warp or curve the spacetime it is traversing but by an infinitely tiny amount not worth considering.

[5]Earth warps/curves the spacetime within its vicinity.

[6] We on Earth are caught in this warping/curving of spacetime.

7 minutes ago, Theredbarron said:

The theory of gravity is called relativity, written by Einstein, it's not based on an observation of light although it did predict the bending of light by gravity... which has been confirmed many times... 

1 minute ago, Moontanman said:

The theory of gravity is called relativity, written by Einstein, it's not based on an observation of light although it did predict the bending of light by gravity... which has been confirmed many times... 

So its just simply based upon matter existing?

Can you give me a link?