Planets Magnetic fields

Theredbarron

3 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

Gravity is based on mass, what do you mean by density? If magnetism is based on density wouldn't that show your ideas are wrong?  

Mass is based upon density. The more dense the more total mass. Magnetism isn't based on density. Each masses total electrical value is increase as density is increased. Gravity is the density differentials in motion. You cant create the differential if you dont move. No magnets cant attract everything base upon what I'm saying. It only attract the opposite charges. Which is not zero in magnetism. Gravity uses all the properties. To include neutrons. Its part of it. If everything has gravity then you just prove my point. Everything also has electrons and protons which have there own magnetic properties. Its all one thing not separate. Science studies these parts separately which is what I'm getting at. They are the same thing. 

3 minutes ago, Theredbarron said:

Gravity is the density differentials in motion. You cant create the differential if you dont move.

I did not understand this. Can you explain what movements that are required for gravity? Movement relative to what?

8 hours ago, Theredbarron said:

So I was wondering if all the planets have magnetic fields. Then I noticed that the planets with the magnetic field have an atmosphere. As the density of the atmosphere increases so does the magnetic field.

Venus has a dense atmosphere but no measurable magnetic field.

Lightning always goes to ground or a lower charge attracting the electron to the earth like CO2 exiting a fire extinguisher leaving some electrons behind on the tube.

Lightning also goes from the ground up.

Mercury is the smallest and spinning slow and it doesn't have the same magnetic properties as all the other planets. 

It doesn't have an atmosphere either.

Nascar drafting, Semi drafting, Bicycle drafting, Airplane wing drafting, Rockets use pressure behind it to displace matter, this all seems a bit obvious that density moves stuff and density is based upon total electrical properties not if its a gas or solid.

A body will stay in its state of rest or uniform motion unless acted on by a force...A law as proposed by a guy called Newton. Nothing to do with density. 

We are constantly in contact with everything all the way outside our own solar system. The density is the common denominator between everything in existence. Not vacuum or pressure or gas or solid by themselves. They all have this same trait. 

Like a magnetic grid lock

No, gravity/spacetime curvature is always the dominating force that is shaping our universe.

14 minutes ago, Theredbarron said:

Gravity is the density differentials in motion.

Nonsense...

4 minutes ago, Ghideon said:

I did not understand this. Can you explain what movements that are required for gravity? Movement relative to what?

The drafting thing that I was mentioning. It creates a low spot behind whatever is moving. Now take the surface of earth and all its imperfections and move it at 1000 mph. Mountains moving at that speed. The draft behind a semi is lower pressure and density because the matter thats following it is not moving fast enough to occupy the space behind it. This makes it less dense. 

5 minutes ago, Theredbarron said:

Mass is based upon density.

No, mass is based on... mass, if you replaced the sun with a black hole the same mass as the sun the solar system would continue on with the planets orbiting the same as they do now. 

The more dense the more total mass.

No, not true, given a specific volume more mass would be more dense. 

Magnetism isn't based on density.

Very true. 

Each masses total electrical value is increase as density is increased.

False, the mass of the entire universe should be neutral in charge. Density has nothing to do with it.. 

Gravity is the density differentials in motion.

No gravity is mass warping space time. 

You cant create the differential if you dont move.

False a stationary mass would have to same gravity as a moving mass unless it was relativistic speed. The Earth and Venus has the same gravitational pull per kilo of mass but the earth spins far faster than venus...  

No magnets cant attract everything base upon what I'm saying. It only attract the opposite charges. Which is not zero in magnetism.

It can be zero, why do you think it is not? 

Gravity uses all the properties. To include neutrons. Its part of it. If everything has gravity then you just prove my point. Everything also has electrons and protons which have there own magnetic properties. Its all one thing not separate. Science studies these parts separately which is what I'm getting at. They are the same thing. 

Not true, gravity is mass warping space time, gravity is only an attractive force, magnetism is a polar force with positive and negative charges...  

7 minutes ago, beecee said:

Venus has a dense atmosphere but no measurable magnetic field.

Lightning also goes from the ground up.

It doesn't have an atmosphere either.

A body will stay in its state of rest or uniform motion unless acted on by a force...A law as proposed by a guy called Newton. Nothing to do with density. 

No, gravity/spacetime curvature is always the dominating force that is shaping our universe.

Nonsense...

Venus is also rotating a lot slower then all the other planets and the opposite direction I might add. So when you slow a generators armature you tend to lose you ability to create voltage just for comparison on that.   Almost no measurable is not the same a no field. The materials involve do effect magnetic properties. 

Change the density and now its not the same. 

mercury does and its made of hydrogen and oxygen and helium. 

1 minute ago, Theredbarron said:

Venus is also rotating a lot slower then all the other planets and the opposite direction I might add. So when you slow a generators armature you tend to lose you ability to create voltage just for comparison on that.   Almost no measurable is not the same a no field. The materials involve do effect magnetic properties. 

I think you are simply confused, you keep saying gravity and magnetism is the same thing but if it were venus should vastly different gravity and magnetic properties but you are possibly correct that the slow spin of venus impares it having a magnetic field but this has nothing to do with its atmosphere.  

Not if the volume changes as well. 

mercury does and its made of hydrogen and oxygen and helium. 

The socalled atmosphere of mercury is a hard vacuum by our standards yet very light and much less dense ganymede has a magnetic field... 

3 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

No, mass is based on... mass, if you replaced the sun with a black hole the same mass as the sun the solar system would continue on with the planets orbiting the same as they do now. 

No, not true, given a specific volume more mass would be more dense. 

Very true. 

False, the mass of the entire universe should be neutral in charge. Density has nothing to do with it.. 

No gravity is mass warping space time. 

False a stationary mass would have to same gravity as a moving mass unless it was relativistic speed. The Earth and Venus has the same gravitational pull per kilo of mass but the earth spins far faster than venus...  

It can be zero, why do you think it is not? 

Not true, gravity is mass warping space time, gravity is only an attractive force, magnetism is a polar force with positive and negative charges...  

Mass weight is based on density of the mass. So if you have the same area occupied by different density the more dense it is the more it weights. So yes mass does rely on density. 

The more density in a given space is more mass

Support you claim on stationary because nothing that has gravity is sitting still. everywhere. 

It can be zero when you add 1 + -1 = 0   1 proton and 1 electron = 0 magnetic charge. 

the chemical makeup of the atmosphere is different so like a hurricane it will act different. 

1 minute ago, Moontanman said:

Not if the volume changes as well. 

Find me something that is creating gravity like you say  that is not moving at all. There isn't anything. 

4 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

The socalled atmosphere of mercury is a hard vacuum by our standards yet very light and much less dense ganymede has a magnetic field... 

Its an atmosphere of that planet even by our standards. Just because it doesn't support your version doesn't make it not gasses surround a planet. 

Mass weight is based on density of the mass. So if you have the same area occupied by different density the more dense it is the more it weights. So yes mass does rely on density. 

Only relative to the volume, the planet Saturn is less dense than water yet masses many times the mass of the earth. 

I already said that... 

Support you claim on stationary because nothing that has gravity is sitting still. everywhere. 

Yet the movement has no effect on gravity, only the mass matters.. 

It can be zero when you add 1 + -1 = 0   1 proton and 1 electron = 0 magnetic charge. 

the chemical makeup of the atmosphere is different so like a hurricane it will act different. 

So now you say it's the chemical makeup instead of movement and density? make up your mind. What exactly does a hurricane have to do with a magnetic field? 

Just now, Moontanman said:

Only relative to the volume, the planet Saturn is less dense than water yet masses many times the mass of the earth. 

I already said that... 

Yet the movement has no effect on gravity, only the mass matters.. 

So now you say it's the chemical makeup instead of movement and density? make up your mind. What exactly does a hurricane have to do with a magnetic field? 

I did. your confused. Density is no one specific thing. So the chemical make of the gases surround the planets effects the density. Like mars with its co2 and its not as dese but it rotates the same speed and is half the size of earth. It has a magnetic field. But gravity is lower even though the surface speed is the same. I never said it didn't. I said density. check your verbiage. 

Mars has a weak one but its there. Same ground speed different density of matter surrounding it. 

You cant say that this isn't interesting. That why your still here. 

7 minutes ago, Theredbarron said:

I did. your confused. Density is no one specific thing. So the chemical make of the gases surround the planets effects the density. Like mars with its co2 and its not as dese but it rotates the same speed and is half the size of earth. It has a magnetic field. But gravity is lower even though the surface speed is the same. I never said it didn't. I said density. check your verbiage. 

No, mars does not have a planetary magnetic field, saying does doesn't make it true... 

Mars has a weak one but its there. Same ground speed different density of matter surrounding it.

Citation please, you are making claims that need to be backed up by more than your baseless assertions... 

You cant say that this isn't interesting. That why your still here. 

I feel the need to correct ignorance when ever I can... 

2 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

No, mars does not have a planetary magnetic field, saying does doesn't make it true... 

Citation please, you are making claims that need to be backed up by more than your baseless assertions... 

I feel the need to correct ignorance when ever I can... 

Oh now its a planetary magnetic field. It does have one

Sorry magnetosphere which is cause by the static charges given from the solar winds. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terraforming_of_Mars

Still the same thing im talking about. 

Who really is being ignorant 

I do accept when Im wrong but when you use information out of context it doesn't mean your correcting ignorance. You are even running to the people who are watching for help by asking for a citation instead of showing me something that is crating gravity as it sits perfectly still in our existence. not something someone wrote down.  

ig·no·rance
/ˈiɡnərəns/
noun
noun: ignorance
  1. lack of knowledge or information.
    "he acted in ignorance of basic procedures"
    synonyms: incomprehension of, unawareness of, unconsciousness of, unfamiliarity with, inexperience with, lack of knowledge about, lack of information about; More

Leave if you dont like it. 

Do you even know what drafting is? 

2 minutes ago, Theredbarron said:

Oh now its a planetary magnetic field. It does have one

Sorry magnetosphere which is cause by the static charges given from the solar winds. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terraforming_of_Mars

Still the same thing im talking about. 

Who really is being ignorant 

You are just moving the goal posts now, all through this we have been talking about a planetary magnetic field. Your own links did not include mars as a planet with a magnetic field. This is from the link you just gave.

Countering the effects of space weather[edit]

See also: Health threat from cosmic rays

Mars does not have an intrinsic global magnetic field, but the solar wind directly interacts with the atmosphere of Mars, leading to the formation of a magnetosphere from magnetic field tubes.[16] This poses challenges for mitigating solar radiation and retaining an atmosphere.

The lack of a significant magnetosphere is thought to be one reason for Mars's thin atmosphere. Solar wind–induced ejection of Martian atmospheric atoms has been detected by Mars-orbiting probes, indicating that the solar wind has stripped the Martian atmosphere over time. While Venus has a dense atmosphere, it has only traces of water vapor (20 ppm) as it lacks a large, dipole induced, magnetic field.[16][17][18] Earth's ozone layer provides additional protection. Ultraviolet light is blocked before it can dissociate water into hydrogen and oxygen.[19]

Restoring the Martian magnetic poles or providing a sufficiently large artificial magnetosphere between the Sun and Mars is considered essential to restoring the Martian atmosphere and flowing liquid water.[18]

Now how about you stop making baseless assertions about things you have no idea about how they work... 

1 minute ago, Moontanman said:

You are just moving the goal posts now, all through this we have been talking about a planetary magnetic field. Your own links did not include mars as a planet with a magnetic field. This is from the link you just gave.

Now how about you stop making baseless assertions about things you have no idea about how they work... 

No I'm not. You just missed all the right info. And you didn't read it. Do you know drafting because thats what I'm talking about. The chemical make up should have been a given when I came to a science site. So if I have to explain how different chemicals have different densities then you need to brush up. 

30 minutes ago, Theredbarron said:

No, mass relies on volume and density, that is why Saturn has a gravitational field similar to earth's yet has many times the mass of earth. 

That is what I have trying to tell you. But it has nothing to do with movement, if you think it does please provide a citation for that assertion.. 

Nothing in the universe is sitting still yet mass is not connected to any intrinsic movement..  

Find me something that is creating gravity like you say  that is not moving at all. There isn't anything. 

Nothing in the universe is or can be not moving at all.. 

Its an atmosphere of that planet even by our standards. Just because it doesn't support your version doesn't make it not gasses surround a planet. 

Given that definition a marble in orbit has an atmosphere.. .

Just now, Theredbarron said:

No I'm not. You just missed all the right info. And you didn't read it. Do you know drafting because thats what I'm talking about. The chemical make up should have been a given when I came to a science site. So if I have to explain how different chemicals have different densities then you need to brush up. 

Then please point it out to me, give a link and a quote from that link that supports your position... 

5 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

No, mass relies on volume and density, that is why Saturn has a gravitational field similar to earth's yet has many times the mass of earth. 

That is what I have trying to tell you. But it has nothing to do with movement, if you think it does please provide a citation for that assertion.. 

Nothing in the universe is sitting still yet mass is not connected to any intrinsic movement..  

Nothing in the universe is or can be not moving at all.. 

Given that definition a marble in orbit has an atmosphere.. .

Then please point it out to me, give a link and a quote from that link that supports your position... 

You do realize that what your saying is the same thing that I'm saying? I have cited it,  its called drafting. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drafting_(aerodynamics)

marbles are smooth so no its not the same. 

If nothing in our existence is sitting still then it cant be just matter because it is in motion. How can anyone on earth confirm that is just matter thats creating gravity if all if it is moving. No mention of motion on how gravity works but everything that is producing gravity has we can observe is moving. Where did that get eliminated throughout history?  

3 minutes ago, Theredbarron said:

You do realize that what your saying is the same thing that I'm saying? I have cited it,  its called drafting. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drafting_(aerodynamics)

marbles are smooth so no its not the same. 

Planets are smoother than marbles to scale, the Earth is smoother than a billiard ball, you really need to back your baseless assertions up with something more than your baseless assertions. Exactly how does drafting cause a magnetic field? 

Just now, Moontanman said:

Planets are smoother than marbles to scale, the Earth is smoother than a billiard ball, you really need to back your baseless assertions up with something more than your baseless assertions. Exactly how does drafting cause a magnetic field? 

No its not. Mountains are Hugh and can push air if you moved one fast enough. 

Your talking about the porosity of a marble. Thats not even close to the large variations of mountains displacing air. 

re read 

Static electricity is a pretty good sign of what im talking about. 

Do I need to back static electricity?

4 minutes ago, Theredbarron said:

No its not. Mountains are Hugh and can push air if you moved one fast enough. 

http://www.curiouser.co.uk/facts/smooth_earth.htm

Proof that the Earth is smoother than a billiard ball

The World Pool-Billiard Association Tournament Table and Equipment Specifications (November 2001) state: "All balls must be composed of cast phenolic resin plastic and measure 2 ¼ (+.005) inches [5.715 cm (+ .127 mm)] in diameter and weigh 5 ½ to 6 oz [156 to 170 gms]." (Specification 16.)

This means that balls with a diameter of 2.25 inches cannot have any imperfections (bumps or dents) greater than 0.005 inches. In other words, the bump or dent to diameter ratio cannot exceed 0.005/2.25 = 0.0022222

The Earth's diameter is approximately 12,756.2 kilometres or 12,756,200 metres.

12,756,200 x 0.0022222 = 28,347.111

So, if a billiard ball were enlarged to the size of Earth, the maximum allowable bump (mountain) or dent (trench) would be 28,347 metres.

Earth's highest mountain, Mount Everest, is only 8,848 metres above sea level. Earth's deepest trench, the Mariana Trench, is only about 11 kilometres below sea level.

So if the Earth were scaled down to the size of a billiard ball, all its mountains and trenches would fall well within the WPA's specifications for smoothness.

53 minutes ago, Theredbarron said:

Venus is also rotating a lot slower then all the other planets and the opposite direction I might add. So when you slow a generators armature you tend to lose you ability to create voltage just for comparison on that.   Almost no measurable is not the same a no field. The materials involve do effect magnetic properties. . 

That in no way supports what I think you are claiming....not in the least.

Again, it does not support what you seem to be saying.

mercury does and its made of hydrogen and oxygen and helium

Don't be so naive and obtuse. 

Admittedly there is not much more I am able to add due to the total confusing and contradictory nature of your mythical claims.

Spin that ball really fast like a planet then tell me what happens. 

1 minute ago, beecee said:

That in no way supports what I think you are claiming....not in the least.

Again, it does not support what you seem to be saying.

Don't be so naive and obtuse. 

Admittedly there is not much more I am able to add due to the total confusing and contradictory nature of your mythical claims.

Drafting look it up. Its everywhere. 

2 minutes ago, Theredbarron said:

is a billiard ball attracting all of what is on earth? So in comparison that ball being the size of earth would in fact do damn near the same thing giving that the other variable like chemical composition and density.

To scale it should but you need to establish that chemical composition or density has anything to do with it...