a possible proof for the Collatz Conjecture

phyti

Most forums are rehashing the same stuff, which gets boring. Went back to a few projects started a dozen yrs ago.
This is one of them. The graphic is an incomplete 'tree'. Vixra postings don't provide any constructive feedback!

The PDF file is  here

5bc8c001f3999_collatztree.gif.57ae04eeeab126febc0f9b741d401fc8.gif

Edited by phyti

25 minutes ago, Strange said:

You will need to present your proof here.

Strange: there is no proof. It is just an illustration of how the Collatz sequences work, using the standard tree representation.

1 minute ago, wtf said:

I read the conclusion. You never even claim to have solved the problem. 

I suggest that it is allowed to discuss a problem in the forum without making a claim to have solved it, no?

59 minutes ago, taeto said:

Strange: there is no proof. It is just an illustration of how the Collatz sequences work, using the standard tree representation.

I suggest that it is allowed to discuss a problem in the forum without making a claim to have solved it, no?

Thread title is "a possible proof." I haven't followed the thread in any detail.

6 minutes ago, wtf said:

Thread title is "a possible proof." I haven't followed the thread in any detail.

Fair enough. I forgot about the exact title. The thread is divided among contributors who either do not know what is in the thread or do not remember what it is about. Plus Strange and studiot, they are always on the game.

5 hours ago, taeto said:

Fair enough. I forgot about the exact title. The thread is divided among contributors who either do not know what is in the thread or do not remember what it is about. Plus Strange and studiot, they are always on the game.

Studiot is British. "On the game" is quite the insult. I believe you called him a prostitute or a pimp. Studiot please confirm or clarify my understanding. 

Edited by wtf

9 hours ago, wtf said:

Studiot is British. "On the game" is quite the insult. I believe you called him a prostitute or a pimp. Studiot please confirm or clarify my understanding. 

Sorry about that to both of you. I meant to write something else but slipped. Apologies.

9 hours ago, wtf said:

I was not insulted as I realise that English is not taeto's first language - I fact I am impressed with the standard of his English; it's far better than my standard of his first lauguage (I do not even know what that is).

I was just hearing about a pop tour that was cancelled in China because a band member wished the Dalai Lama "Happy Birthday".

A natural English action.

But apparantly a complete political insult in China today.

No hard feelings all round

:)

55 minutes ago, wtf said:

Jeez guys I thought it was inadvertently funny, not a deliberate insult.

I am glad if it was funny. You are american though. And it must be different for the brits. Myself I had to go to Canada for my phd studies. I probably have very little idea of your respective jargons. I am from Denmark, as it says in my location tag. I wanted to write "on the ball". You and studiot are on the ball. Just keep staying on top of it, please.

2 hours ago, wtf said:

Jeez guys I thought it was inadvertently funny,

57 minutes ago, taeto said:

I am glad if it was funny.

Since we can't have a real pint all round, (best option) I'll go for a virtual one instead +1 all round.

PS I'll make that a yard if either of you can solve Collatz.

yard.jpg.f4bdc57bc9cf6dba74fd507501d8e0f6.jpg

Edited by studiot