baptism in Georgia is child abuse

Itoero

!

Moderator Note

Advertising and spam is prohibited. We don't mind if you put a link to your noncommercial site (e.g. a blog) in your signature and/or profile, but don't go around making threads to advertise it. Links, pictures and videos in posts should be relevant to the discussion, and members should be able to participate in the discussion without clicking any links or watching any videos. Videos and pictures should be accompanied by enough text to set the tone for the discussion, and should not be posted alone. Users advertising commercial sites will be banned.

1 hour ago, Itoero said:

Isn't this enough text?

"The baptism in Georgia is shocking.

What's wrong with those people?"

I don't know what happens in the video. All there is is your assessment as shocking. No, that's not enough.

This "abuse" story appears to be the usual hate-filled nonsense about foreigners, full of lies and made-up "facts", from the Daily Mail: http://orthochristian.com/100398.html

However, the Daily Mail article, with already 1,700 shares, and the articles following after it, are filled with rather obvious errors and ignorant editorializing.

Situation normal, then.

Not being a parent, I can't really comment on this but, but it sounds reasonable:

The Baptisms were supposedly celebrated carelessly, causing fear and panic in the babies and parents: “Needless to say, all the little ones have panic written all over their face as they are plunged under the water, and burst into tears afterwards,” writes the Daily Mail. However, as anyone who has attended any infant Baptism can attest, babies almost always cry at being handed to an unfamiliar man and dipped into water, no matter how slowly or carefully. Babies often cry when taken to Communion as well. Babies often cry when a parent wipes their nose. None of this implies danger to the child’s life.

1 minute ago, Itoero said:

I see, then move this to the trash can

"I'm too lazy to explain or justify anything I do"