Cats in Ancient Egypt

Parrthurax

Cats in Ancient Egypt were most times valued more than that of actual people. Which to a normal person is outrageous, yet most people don’t necessarily understand their beliefs. In Ancient Egypt cats were seen as gods, hence all of their gods having cat-like heads. Another factor that you can even notice today in the modern world is that cats act as if they were “superior beings” or they have “god-like behavior” not necessarily because they are immortal or anything because they aren’t, but because they don’t need humans, they don’t care for them, in a way that if you left your cat outside most likely it would just run off and not care to come back, even though some would come back. They move gracefully and leap as if they could float, cats just have the traits that you would think a god would.

6 minutes ago, Parrthurax said:

In Ancient Egypt cats were seen as gods, hence all of their gods having cat-like heads.

I am pretty certain that not all of them had cat heads.  Bastet did.  But Thoth had the head of a bird for example and Anubus of a Dog.  I am not sure how many others had cat heads - I would have to look that up...  but I am sure there are others with different heads that aren't cats.

6 minutes ago, Parrthurax said:

they don’t need humans, they don’t care for them

I would argue that you CAN build a loving bond between yourself and your cat. They can be quite loving as it goes...  they just think and communicate a little differently.

It is often said though about cats and dogs that "Dogs have owners....   and cats have staff".   :D

PS - I just found this - it looks an interesting read. I only skimmed it because I am a little busy right now, but might try to look at it more closely later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cats_in_ancient_Egypt

Edited by DrP

3 hours ago, DrP said:

It is often said though about cats and dogs that "Dogs have owners....   and cats have staff".   :D

There is a suggestion that humans domesticated dogs (because they were useful to humans) while cats domesticated themselves (because humans were useful them).

34 minutes ago, Strange said:

There is a suggestion that humans domesticated dogs (because they were useful to humans) while cats domesticated themselves (because humans were useful them).

Cats were useful for humans, because they were limiting population of mice and rats which consumed grain storage of Ancient people (after invention of farming).

Cats were helping Ancient Egyptians to survive, fighting with mice and rats plagues.

Parrthurax;

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:15 AM, Parrthurax said:

Cats in Ancient Egypt were most times valued more than that of actual people. Which to a normal person is outrageous, yet most people don’t necessarily understand their beliefs. In Ancient Egypt cats were seen as gods, hence all of their gods having cat-like heads. Another factor that you can even notice today in the modern world is that cats act as if they were “superior beings” or they have “god-like behavior” not necessarily because they are immortal or anything because they aren’t, but because they don’t need humans, they don’t care for them, in a way that if you left your cat outside most likely it would just run off and not care to come back, even though some would come back. They move gracefully and leap as if they could float, cats just have the traits that you would think a god would.

You have drawn some conclusions above that are based more on suppositions. A few tidbits of information might help you to understand why cats were so valued by Ancient Egyptians and why they seem to be so "godlike". 

As Sensei noted, cats reduce rodent problems and protect food, but they do this all over the world and are sometimes valued for it and sometimes not. If you looked at the link provided by DrP, you may note that cats also protect against snakes and scorpions. I don't know much about cats and snakes, but after my brother moved to Arizona, we learned a little about cats and scorpions. My brother's cat had chased a scorpion behind the water heater and got stung, so my brother called the veterinarian to see what could be done to save the cat. The veterinarian almost laughed at him and ask if he was new to the dessert, because cats are immune to a scorpion's venom. All a sting would do is irritate the cat.  

So to the Ancient Egyptians, cats would not only be great protectors of food stuffs and people, they would also have an almost "godlike" ability to cheat certain death. 

In a different situation, I asked my veterinarian why my cat seemed to like attacking "thick pieces of air", which is what we called it when the cat got a little crazy and jumped at, or stalked, nothing. The vet grinned and said, "Hormones". He said that cats are loaded with hormones and basically spend most of their lives stoned out of their little minds. I know that women, when pregnant and loaded with hormones, are known to have more psychic experiences, so could the Ancient Egyptians have interpreted this attacking or staring at "thick pieces of air" as a sign of psychic abilities? Or maybe the ability to see spirits? 

If so, then that would make cats great protectors of food and life, it would give them some power over death, and would enable them to possibly communicate with spirits. It would not be surprising to find that the Ancient Egyptians saw cats as guardians of death's gates -- and all of this would actually be due to chemistry.

Gee

(lets talk science for a moment)

Certain Groups of People, their Races ...................... have much higher onset of being "right handed, or more right brained" ...................... the right lob of the brain, is defective, in that it is not designed to be dominant.

The burden of living was easier for the previous generations (kind david removed the daily sacrifice), they did not have to involve the "will", their "will", as much as we do, to abstain from the natural unclean state of the human condition as much as we do.

They had an excuse to be remorseless, and blind to cleanliness, until that was taken away......................now being unclean, not taking care of yourself, eating unclean, being mentally unclean (no, those are not unique cultures, just unclean), being physically unclean, has become their preference in the "will" that caters to the natural state of the human condition which is unclean.  Rather then housing the burden of righteousness to resist the natural state of the human condition.

That was just one small change...................

Originally......................

(We were create with just one primary lobe in the brain, "Spirit/Water/Blood", that means as God contended with the Sin of Man's Generations, then God, also allowed the Blood to Voice that argument, and humanity has fell out of harmony with creation, so that, there are more not less, uniqueness/differences between man, and other forms of life, where there wasn't as much before (including other homosapien like primates, of where there are none, and no real tangible records, to confirm or deny these conclusions)

(The Cats or Felines, or else ................... in theory, represented the "Right Brain" that would be the snare for the generation of sin, right before God rebukes their uncleanness, that developed generationally)

(Fossil Records don't contain organs (viable DNA, or viable blood samples), and mankind, has a lot of "Junk DNA", its not to difficult to understand what happened with a few real biological samples, until then, we'll have to wait)

Edited by Third@rk

55 minutes ago, Third@rk said:

Certain Groups of People, their Races ...................... have much higher onset of being "right handed

Citation needed

56 minutes ago, Third@rk said:

or more right brained"

There is no such thing as “right brained”

skipping the incoherent drivel...

57 minutes ago, Third@rk said:

Fossil Records don't contain organs (viable DNA

DNA has been recovered from fossils

On 10/21/2018 at 5:01 AM, Strange said:

Citation needed

There is no such thing as “right brained”

skipping the incoherent drivel...

DNA has been recovered from fossils

(Evolution stopped with the Homosapien ........................... it wasn't really Evolution of Species it was a kind of degeneration ...................... the introduction of junk dna)

(Excess Right Brain Functions/Junk Dna expression in Homosapien .......................Neural Science, is the bonified way to deal with Homosapien........................there's a devout problem of profiteering and exploitation, that, has prevented the colleges and universities from understanding, that the  first african american president, created the "lives matter movements", which only increase murder/suicide in ethnic communities)

(Homosapiens have the Most Junk Dna, but its common in all Dna ........................ how much junk dna is found inside the dna of fossils, not much, probably nothing really, but think about this ........................ that information in dna is just too unreliable because it is broken down)

(Giants expired in the days of King David (biblical) ..................... that is when the "Camels" were introducted around 1000 B.C. when the temple in jerusalem was build (how that it must be destroyed soon, to unblock the energy center ........................... Ancients compared Humans to Cats, because, the Neural Science has not really differentiated the human brain's functions in that day, but with the Camel, that is the Zombie Argument in simpler terms) (Giants were the living comparison for Cranial Sizes, and Brain Deviations in tissues, so they are not as pronounced now, but..................suicide/murder/and zombie behavior is higher to ethnic people, gauging the global census reports)

1. Cats from 3000 B.C. to 1000 B.C. (Age of the Giants, and Homosapien) (Right Brain Neural Science)

2. Camels from 1000 B.C. to Present (Right Brain Neural Science Argument Initialized)

3. Reptiles (dinos) Present for about 50 Years (42 Years), (Age of the Zombies, Junk DNA revealed as connection  to Neural Science)

(Reptilian People, you can google that, there is a lot of talk about that, the reality is the argument of the "Second Light Source", "Fake/Real Walk on Moon" ................ in which the Earth is bathed by primordial forces, to present a furnished generation of man, capable of moving into the next plane of existence ...................... this is the hypothical age of aquarius)

(Neural Science .......................... is not really exposed to the public ........................... we'll have to wait for things to happen ........................... the only sound answer to that is, when the media makes the association to the first african american president and "lives don't matter" movements, then maybe more information will be accessible)

Edited by Third@rk

• 1 month later...