A quiz with questions from quantum to cosmos

Strange

30 minutes ago, beecee said:

10 also, but disappointed in that I believe I should have answered at least two more correctly if I had given more thought to the subject at hand.

Yep. That's my excuse too!

Edited by Strange

I was wrong on Q15: The 'M' of 'M87' brought me on the wrong track. Charles Messier himself could never have seen a black hole, so it must be a nebula or a galaxy. So in a certain sense the question is wrong: M87 is a galaxy, not a black hole.

On Q9 I did not expect so many planets especially in the Goldilocks zone

And Q6, I expected that it had to be farther away, the Lagrange points of the earth orbiting the sun, but obviously they are closer than I thought.

1 hour ago, Eise said:

I was wrong on Q15: The 'M' of 'M87' brought me on the wrong track. Charles Messier himself could never have seen a black hole, so it must be a nebula or a galaxy. So in a certain sense the question is wrong: M87 is a galaxy, not a black hole.

On Q9 I did not expect so many planets especially in the Goldilocks zone

And Q6, I expected that it had to be farther away, the Lagrange points of the earth orbiting the sun, but obviously they are closer than I thought.

I got those wrong too, for similar reasons. So I don't feel so bad now!

• 3 weeks later...