Some questions about refrigerator

ps2huang

There is a red big tank that people often carry around during any trip. When opening it, you see many ice cubes and drinks in there. Do you know what I am talking about? I am thinking about getting this so that when I drive a far way to buy something chill, I can still enjoy them icy. Because I will put them into this tank, so it will keep them cool.

An ice chest? You can buy it at any Wal-Mart' date=' Target, etc...

I don't think I get the question though...[/quote']

I just don't know what is the specific term for this device.

So it's called ice chest? How much does it cost?

Ice Chest or Cooler, both are equally valid. Expensive ones can run a pretty hefty (hence expensive) price, but you can get decent ones for a few bucks. It depends on what you plan on carrying. A few sodas and a sandwhich? A headless corpse?

Ice Chest or Cooler, both are equally valid. Expensive ones can run a pretty hefty (hence expensive) price, but you can get decent ones for a few bucks. It depends on what you plan on carrying. A few sodas and a sandwhich? A headless corpse?

Just plan to carry a few sodas. So how much will it cost?

no, it's not a magic box, you just put your drinks in the box, pour pre-frozen ice over them, close the frickin' box, and get movin'. The cooler just keeps them cold for a period of time, ranging from several hours to a day or so, depending on brand and quality. They are not electrical devices or machines of any kind. They're just boxes with insulation. Like a thermos.

Well, I have a question: Is there any ice chest that is able to chill your drinks for at least 3 days? That their cold temperature will stay same during the time. I saw the one sold in Long store for only 19 dollars, wondered if it has such a ability.

You can keep food cold up to 3 days with dry ice but you will have to keep the outside temperature below 15 degress celisius or so. There are some handling precautions.

To use dry ice make sure the manufacturer says that it is ok for the plastic as some will crack at that temperature and NEVER EVER EVER allow the dry ice to come into contact with metal. It will scream something aweful. Also you will have to ventilate the gas as it is carbon dioxide so you will have to leave the chest cracked a bit and plenty of fresh air from the outside. If not you can suffocate on long road trips.

I have only used it when I could put it in the back of open air pickup trucks and than only on rare occasions when I was 4x4ing into the interior of a national park for up to a week at a time.

It is much easier to pickup ice in convience stores as you need it. Dry ice is dangerous.

You can keep food cold up to 3 days with dry ice but you will have to keep the outside temperature below 15 degress celisius or so. There are some handling precautions.

To use dry ice make sure the manufacturer says that it is ok for the plastic as some will crack at that temperature and NEVER EVER EVER allow the dry ice to come into contact with metal. It will scream something aweful. Also you will have to ventilate the gas as it is carbon dioxide so you will have to leave the chest cracked a bit and plenty of fresh air from the outside. If not you can suffocate on long road trips.

I have only used it when I could put it in the back of open air pickup trucks and than only on rare occasions when I was 4x4ing into the interior of a national park for up to a week at a time.

It is much easier to pickup ice in convience stores as you need it. Dry ice is dangerous.

I don't understand. First, what is the difference between normal ice and dry ice? And if I buy a bag of ice cubes putting into my ice chest to cool off my drinks, will those ices stay same for few days? How many days will they melt to water?

Dry ice is frozen carbon dioxide. In a regular, water-ice cooler, the span of time in which the drinks will stay cold varies between brands and models. It normally says on the packaging. Remember, the drinks themselves will remain cold for quite a while after the ice itself melts.

Electic Ice Coolers will work indefinetly as well.

I have a small one that also heats, when I was up at the University of Alaska at Fairbanks doing some geology work it was awesome to take on 2-3 day trips as it could also keep food warm from breakfast after we left the camp site in the 4x4.