question about frame dragging.

DandelionTheory

Is the frame dragging effect dependant on the magnitude of mass?

for example: the frame dragging effect has been measured to exist around earth after the results from gravity probe-B came to the public.

does the same go for any size of mass? because i can think of some interesting things to do with space being bent by any size mass being able to produce a frame dragging effect when angular momentum is applied. i would think that you could stretch it from one side of you and place it on the other like a breast stroke but with ions. i can think of ways to compress and shape space, maybe even use it to naturally fuse things together at the micro levels. but thats only if space is bent by mass small enough and in large enough quantities to be readily charged and manipulated with a magnetic field... like the air.

Edited by DandelionTheory
specificity

Yes, the magnitude and precise direction of the frame dragging effect does depend on the mass and the total amount of angular momentum of the central mass. It also depends on the exact shape of the central body, since rotating bodies are not perfectly spherical.

And significant effects ( non-trivial ) of the kind you are speculating  about,would involve serious ( definitely non-lab based ) amounts of mass-energy. You could probably achieve those effects with ( many ) orders of magnitude less energy using methods other than frame dragging.