Universes from nothing

PrimalMinister

I have studied scientists and have listened to people like lawrence krauss and there is something missing.

lawrence krauss says all you need is quantum mechanics to create a universe of nothing.

First, he doesnt say where quantum mechanics comes from.

Second, he doesn't explain how the rules of quantum mechanics is enforced, as far as I can tell the only thing enforcing the rules is his will (making him a God like charecter in his theory).

I have searched long and hard for information on this.

My basic question is, is it true that despite all our mathematical modelling (which we have got very very good at) we still don't know how the universe is actually enforcing all the rules we model?

12 minutes ago, PrimalMinister said:

I have studied scientists

With an open mind and no prejudice?

My basic question is, is it true that despite all our mathematical modelling (which we have got very very good at) we still don't know how the universe is actually enforcing all the rules we model?

Bingo! Yes quite true, science as yet, does not know everything, but it also is critical of "short circuiting" and unscientific myths like a "god of the gaps" to replace that which as yet we dont know or understand.

21 minutes ago, PrimalMinister said:

Why do you think there are rules that need to be enforced?

Maybe you mean, why does the universe behave in a consistent way that we can describe mathematically? A lot of philosophers have debated this. I don’t think there are any definite answers. Eugene Wigner wrote a paper called “The unreasonable effectiveness of mathematics in the natural sciences” on this. You should read it: https://www.maths.ed.ac.uk/~v1ranick/papers/wigner.pdf