Connection to pre existence

nomanoba

I am an uneducated 72 year old former car cleaner, so I'm doubting that anyone on this forum will give my theory much creedence, but just in case I'm smarter than I think I am, I'll empty my heart and say my piece.

My Theory

I believe that only maths existed before the big bang, and I further believe that maths was looking for an answer that was unanswerable without the existence of a material universe.  With an over heating CPU, maths blue screened.  The universe it created was to provide a physical abacus, a playground of endless possibilities that would feed back information  to the mainframe.  If maths was there before the big bang then it's still there, not fourteen million years in the past, more so just a doorway of belief away.  So can we connect with this pre existence maths and change things?  Most certainly we can, and I intend to prove this is so.

5 minutes ago, nomanoba said:

I am an uneducated 72 year old former car cleaner, so I'm doubting that anyone on this forum will give my theory much creedence, but just in case I'm smarter than I think I am, I'll empty my heart and say my piece.

My Theory

I believe that only maths existed before the big bang, and I further believe that maths was looking for an answer that was unanswerable without the existence of a material universe.  With an over heating CPU, maths blue screened.  The universe it created was to provide a physical abacus, a playground of endless possibilities that would feed back information  to the mainframe.  If maths was there before the big bang then it's still there, not fourteen million years in the past, more so just a doorway of belief away.  So can we connect with this pre existence maths and change things?  Most certainly we can, and I intend to prove this is so.

I'm also an old bastard like you, but a couple of years ahead. Firstly the first thing anyone needs to do if they believe they have solved some issue, is to know thoroughly the theory/model you are trying to over throw, or the incumbent explanation. For a start the BB is overwhelmingly supported because it aligns with more observations then any other hypothetical model...secondly the BB was not the creation of the universe, but a description of how spacetime evolved from a hot dense state, starting at t+10-43 seconds. Mthematics also is simply the language of physics. And finally, one of the greatest attributes of science, the scientific method, and scientific theories, is that they are never really proven.....A theory will gain status as it aligns with what we observe and makes successful predictions....any theory can be and often are overthrown or modified as further data comes to light and observations improve. In saying that, theories also grow in certainty over time, as they continue making successful predictions...good example, the relatively recent discovery of gravitational waves that GR predicted 100 years ago. The theory of the evolution of life is as close to certain as we could hope for and others like SR and the BB are not too far behind.

I suggest you read some reputable material, stick with forums such as this and learn from the on line experts.....and see what you decide.

Just now, John Harmonic said:

Maths is a concept developed by humans.

This debate has been going on for millennia. Philosophers and mathematicians seem about equally divided in the issue. 

2 minutes ago, John Harmonic said:

Math is a concept mostly used by humans (I don't know if animals can use it).

Some animals certainly have a concept of number. For example show a dog 2 treats then hide them, they will look for both. 

3 minutes ago, Strange said:

This debate has been going on for millennia. Philosophers and mathematicians seem about equally divided in the issue. 

The same could be argued and pondered about whether this is an artistic universe or Christian universe or Buddhist universe. All comes down to belief.

15 minutes ago, Strange said:

That is very naive. Detailed, and often very convincing, arguments have been made on both sides. 

I am sure that they are very lengthy, detailed and convincing but it all comes down to simple belief. Underlying principles/facts/words that people believe in in order to propagate forward with an argument.

Edited by John Harmonic

7 hours ago, nomanoba said:

So can we connect with this pre existence maths and change things?  Most certainly we can, and I intend to prove this is so.

!

Moderator Note

Since this is outside mainstream theory, it needs to be in Speculations rather than Quantum Theory. Please support your assertions with evidence, and answer all calls for clarity. 

On 07/10/2018 at 9:29 AM, Strange said:

Sounds like

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Mathematical_Universe

How would you test your idea? And in particular, what would prove it wrong?

I read the link info, and though thought provoking (I don't understand some of it) is not really where I'm coming from.  For starters, I see numbers as having different spacing, as in increasing gaps between numbers as they ascend.  I know it may seem madness, but it makes guessing so much easier.

Example 1.

Earthbound maths: 123456

My maths:  1 2  3   4    5      6            or from my perspective                1  3   6    10     15      21

So in reality I don't tie myself down with digits, rather more I change the the spaces between blocks of information, this way I am not restricted by the rules of maths.  

Example 2.

I went to my local building supplies to buy  five metres of abrasive paper.  Although there wasn't a rule on the dispenser, I knew how much I needed and duly reeled off exactly five metres.  How did I measure it so accurately without a rule?  Well I know how tall I am, I know the dimensions of my living room, I know the length of a 12 inch rule etc.  All of us take in this information but seldom use it, and when we do we often add a hand gesture as in  "I'd say it's about this big"  

Example 3.

Start guessing size, length, weight etc:  In the first week you'll be 90 percent out, second week 80 percent out, but eventually you'll be able to guess measurements down to a millimetre.  No digits needed, they really do use up a lot of space in your head.

All my ramblings are based on probability factors.  The only proof I have at present is my ability to make very scary guesses.

On 07/10/2018 at 10:09 AM, John Harmonic said:

I am sure that they are very lengthy, detailed and convincing but it all comes down to simple belief. Underlying principles/facts/words that people believe in in order to propagate forward with an argument.

That word argument gets in the way of evolution.  Many words act like a brake, we just don't realise the destructive and inhibiting power they have.

On 07/10/2018 at 9:48 AM, John Harmonic said:

The same could be argued and pondered about whether this is an artistic universe or Christian universe or Buddhist universe. All comes down to belief.

I agree totally...it's what you want it to be.

On 07/10/2018 at 9:29 AM, Strange said:

Sounds like

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Mathematical_Universe

How would you test your idea? And in particular, what would prove it wrong?

I believe it's possible to interfere with future (mans concept of time only) events by changing the maths in the other place.  I have to call it the other place as most people think it ceased to exist after the Big Bang.

On 07/10/2018 at 9:41 AM, John Harmonic said:

-Maths is a concept developed by humans.

-I don't think it existed before humans existed.

-Math is a concept mostly used by humans (I don't know if animals can use it).

That's encouraging...thank you.

Edited by nomanoba
wrong spacing

21 hours ago, Phi for All said:
!

Moderator Note

Since this is outside mainstream theory, it needs to be in Speculations rather than Quantum Theory. Please support your assertions with evidence, and answer all calls for clarity. 

Thank you :)

2 hours ago, nomanoba said:

For starters, I see numbers as having different spacing, as in increasing gaps between numbers as they ascend. 

What do you mean by "spacing"? The integers have, by definition, a difference (spacing) between them of 1.

2 hours ago, nomanoba said:

I went to my local building supplies to buy  five metres of abrasive paper.  Although there wasn't a rule on the dispenser, I knew how much I needed and duly reeled off exactly five metres.  How did I measure it so accurately without a rule?  Well I know how tall I am, I know the dimensions of my living room, I know the length of a 12 inch rule etc.  All of us take in this information but seldom use it, and when we do we often add a hand gesture as in  "I'd say it's about this big"  

I fail to see the relevance of this. We can all estimate things with more or less accuracy, and we get more accurate with practice. 

So you need to come up with some objective tests for your idea, so we can see if it works or not.

5 hours ago, Strange said:

What do you mean by "spacing"? The integers have, by definition, a difference (spacing) between them of 1.

I fail to see the relevance of this. We can all estimate things with more or less accuracy, and we get more accurate with practice. 

So you need to come up with some objective tests for your idea, so we can see if it works or not.

Thanks for responding strange.  Sorry I seem vague and unspectacular, but you cannot believe how difficult it is to explain how I think, so I'll try again...wish me luck (yes that is possible lol)

Example:  A component breaks down in your TV. and you lose sound.  You imagine that component as a marching army badly out of step.  You then mentally put them back in time.  The success of the repair will be equal to the belief of the changer.

10 minutes ago, nomanoba said:

The success of the repair will be equal to the belief of the changer.

Having spent many years as a maintenance engineer I can assure you that this is not true. 

Now, how about answering my questions?

11 minutes ago, nomanoba said:

you cannot believe how difficult it is to explain how I think

This is usually a sign that you haven’t really organised your thoughts. In other words you don’t really know what your idea is yet. 

43 minutes ago, Ghideon said:

Spatial Sequence Synesthesia?

Thank you Ghideon.  I'd never heard of this, but by what I've read I'm nailed on time-space synesthesia because of the multiple facts I can remember from single events, plus my memory hasn't faded with age.

On 8.10.2018 at 12:12 PM, nomanoba said:

So in reality I don't tie myself down with digits, rather more I change the the spaces between blocks of information, this way I am not restricted by the rules of maths.  

You're mistaken..

deltas between some physical quantities are often used and measured in classical physics/quantum physics/science...

e.g.

v = dx / dt

a = dv / dt

• 1 year later...

Thought I'd resurrect this thread as I've now sorted the chaff from the wheat, plus I now have a cold hearted referee that I run everything by ( he's a genius and doesn't give me any slack) 

The only thing that we can conceive of as perfect, is nothing...zilch, zero, naff all.  I figured if we have something, the universe, then we have a concept of nothing.  So no, nothing doesn't exist, but the thought of nothing does!  This is a meditation point, for the question is unanswerable so constantly swirls around in our heads.  You are on auto think, lost in the concept of nothing.  Already this non entity has set up repeat patterns of thought, an hypnotic pulse, and part paralyzed your body. 

Nothing doesn't reveal itself easily, you have to put the work in.

Ignorance is bliss, but so is near total knowledge.  Total ignorance and total knowledge are only possible with our demise.  Diagram to follow.

12 minutes ago, nomanoba said:

Thought I'd resurrect this thread as I've now sorted the chaff from the wheat, plus I now have a cold hearted referee that I run everything by ( he's a genius and doesn't give me any slack) 

The only thing that we can conceive of as perfect, is nothing...zilch, zero, naff all.  I figured if we have something, the universe, then we have a concept of nothing.  So no, nothing doesn't exist, but the thought of nothing does!  This is a meditation point, for the question is unanswerable so constantly swirls around in our heads.  You are on auto think, lost in the concept of nothing.  Already this non entity has set up repeat patterns of thought, an hypnotic pulse, and part paralyzed your body. 

Nothing doesn't reveal itself easily, you have to put the work in.

Ignorance is bliss, but so is near total knowledge.  Total ignorance and total knowledge are only possible with our demise.  Diagram to follow.

In order to conceptualize and realize  nothing, one must first put it in a container and then we can say : "There is nothing in the container!" :)

Edited by StringJunky