'Incidents' spark Tube evacuation

Klaynos

Hmmm. Not very effectively, it seems. I still have no idea who is doing it*, or what they are hoping to achieve. I feel a little sorry for them, because they are obviously putting effort into these things. It's just becoming rather pathetic.

*My money is on Lex Luthor, the cheeky little megalomaniac

Well, they seem to have demonstrated that they could plant fake bombs on 3 subway trains and a bus, which is the same as the 7th of July attacks. If they could plant fake bombs with detonators (or perhaps very weak ones, since the bus windows were blown out), they could surely plant real ones. This is only two weeks after the previous attacks and under elevated security.

The message seems to be that despite all security and condemnation in the UK and the death or capture of the terrorists involved in the 7th of July attacks, an identical attack can still be done. By using dummy bombs they can convey the message (albeit less forcefully) without loss of life, assuming that this matters to them. If not, and these bombs were intended to cause damage, then it is a bit pathetic of them, yes.

The minor explosions used detonators only, a BBC reporter said.

al quaidas slightly less elite splinter group, al retuardia.

they seem to have forgotten a main ingreadient in the whole 'bomb' concept, ie the main explosive bit.

sounds like some gits having a laugh. i dont think al quaida would be that mercyful, although i suppose it could enfors the immediate threat of terrorism without pushing the govournment into any hasty invasions?