Concepts

Reg Prescott

Swansont addressed the following comment to me in my thread on "The Scientific Method" which now appears to be locked.

"But they [unicorns] exist as a concept, and you have just agreed that concepts are part of reality, so I do not grant that they don't exist. And neither do you, apparently."

The concept of a unicorn is not a unicorn, any more than the concept of redness is red, or a painting of a unicorn is a unicorn.

9 hours ago, Reg Prescott said:

Swansont addressed the following comment to me in my thread on "The Scientific Method" which now appears to be locked.

"But they [unicorns] exist as a concept, and you have just agreed that concepts are part of reality, so I do not grant that they don't exist. And neither do you, apparently."

The concept of a unicorn is not a unicorn, any more than the concept of redness is red, or a painting of a unicorn is a unicorn.

!

Moderator Note

When we lock a thread, you don't get to bring up the same subject again in another. You had your chance to make your arguments, you didn't, you started preaching, and the thread was locked. 

Oh look! You're doing it again!