Political Correctness GONE MAD!

YT2095

Phi for All' date=' I totally agree with you. By not teaching a child to face the real world would be even more damaging when they grow older, mentally they may not even mature.

I just wondering why the authorities keep suggesting or implementing crazy ideas that majority of us don't even agree to? Is it becuase they have more senses than us, or they just simply out of touch with reality?[/quote']

I'm one of few kids that actually knows how sick and screwy the world is. Not everyone is bad, but there are molesters, robbers, rapists, murderers, kidnappers, stupid politicians, corrupt police, and people die every day. I've never bought into that happy go lucky Disney BS. Trying to shun every child from a world of danger is only good in one sense. If every child grows up not knowing what murder is, perhaps they'll never do it when they are an adult. But assuming someone does, maybe they'd not treat it as a crime as it should be, and then everyone would go around killing each other, not understanding how bad it is actually. But, the reverse could also be true. Perhaps not letting your children ever see murder would cause them to never do it, because the idea would less likely ever come to them.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have actually been in a course that had only two assesment categories. They were "Competent" and "Not Yet Competent".

Most of the students felt that this was an awful way to represent the acedemic standing. It did not encourage students to try, as a mark of Competent was the same nomatter how much effort you put into it.

I have also done some of these courses. What was the course in?

It may be worthwhile to remember that in some cases there is a legal requirement for "competent". I can't speak for other nations but down here the laws require that a person testing electrical equipment be "competent". The phrase used is "a competent person". Because of this a course is marked as "Competent" or "Not yet Competent" to fulfill the legal requirements.