Align atoms by vacuum

Phantom5

Hello
I made an experiment where I tried to align atoms by vacuum and I was successful. Would you have thought that it works?
My question is now you can also produce magnets made of copper which only attract Copper? Or Gold?Can it be that we only send ferromagnetic electricity over the lines? And there are other forms of electricity? Alone a magnet made of copper or gold would be very valuable.I have already ordered a very thin sheet of copper so I can test whether you can align copper atoms also.

Here are the Pictures and the Videos...

33994622lp.jpg
33994623kw.jpg

Here is a video, where, however, are not so strong rashes, presumably because the phone is on the tube.

Ok, I took a vacuum pump and a Plexiglas tube, on which I stuck a piece of beer cans on one side and a piece of wood on the other side. Then I measured the differences with and without a vacuum with a magnetometer app.

Which would be interesting if you could make lead magnetic and then there is a lead magnetic field. This could be e.g. Shield radioactive radiation.
This is of course only speculative and I'll do more tests.

24 minutes ago, Phantom5 said:

Then I measured the differences

Differences in what?

I’m not sure you are going to get much vacuum with a piece of wood stuck to the end of the tube. How did you measure the pressure in the tube?

27 minutes ago, Phantom5 said:

Which would be interesting if you could make lead magnetic and then there is a lead magnetic field. This could be e.g. Shield radioactive radiation.

Do you have any idea how much centimeters of solid Lead do you need to shield against radioactive radiation... ?

13 minutes ago, Phantom5 said:

The difference in Tesla. 

Difference of what? What were you measuring? (And where? And how? And what was the difference? And what is the measurement accuracy? How many times did you perform the measurement? How did it vary with pressure?)

It worked very well with wood, you can hear that the vacuum pump is on the Limit.

Does that mean that you didn’t measure the pressure? I doubt you had much of a vacuum with a piece of wood as a seal. 

1 hour ago, Phantom5 said:

I made an experiment where I tried to align atoms by vacuum and I was successful.

What does “align atoms” mean? Which atoms were aligned? What were they aligned with? How do you know they were aligned?

1 hour ago, Phantom5 said:

My question is now you can also produce magnets made of copper which only attract Copper?

No. 

1 minute ago, Strange said:

Difference of what? What were you measuring? (And where? And how? And what was the difference? And what is the measurement accuracy? How many times did you perform the measurement? How did it vary with pressure?)

Does that mean that you didn’t measure the pressure? I doubt you had much of a vacuum with a piece of wood as a seal. 

The difference to the values that the phone normally displays, and I've always done a reset with the app. I measure with my mobile phone and the magnetic field sensor that shows me Tesla. I have where I held the tube in front of the phone about 2μT measured and where that cell phone on the tube was about 0.5 to 1 μT. You can see that in both videos as well. The next time I can connect a pressure sensor, but you just hear that has formed a complete vacuum because the vacuum pump is groaning. The vacuum pump creates 5Pa. The vacuum does not go through the wood and it is of course glued to the tube on it.

Just now, Phantom5 said:

The difference to the values that the phone normally displays

Values of WHAT?

WHAT ARE YOU MEASURING? WHERE? 

With this sort of vague waffle, how do you expect anyone to take you seriously. 

You need to give a precise description of what you are doing. 

2 minutes ago, Phantom5 said:

but you just hear that has formed a complete vacuum because the vacuum pump is groaning.

:lol:

11 minutes ago, Strange said:

Values of WHAT?

WHAT ARE YOU MEASURING? WHERE? 

With this sort of vague waffle, how do you expect anyone to take you seriously. 

You need to give a precise description of what you are doing. 

:lol:

So I took a tube where I stuck a piece of sheet metal on one side and a piece of wood on the side and in the tube I created a vacuum. Then I looked if a magnetic field is generated in the sheet metal. The whole thing I measured with the magnetic sensor of my phone, this is when you do a reset at 0.5 micro Tesla, in the first video you can see how the sensor 2-4 micro Tesla displays more and in the second video you can see how the App 0.5-1 micro Tesla more displays. In the first video, I measured from the front and in the second video, I put the phone on the plate. Is that ok? :D

The whole thing would have to go with overpressure.

Edited by Phantom5

8 minutes ago, Phantom5 said:

Is that ok?

Better. Not great.

Anyway, congratulations for actually trying to do an experiment. That is a lot more than many do. But you need to improve the quality of your experiments and descriptions. 

Also, you can’t jump from one experiment to thinking you have discovered something that no one has seen before and that contradicts known physics. That is not rational.

Instead, the scientific approach is to ask yourself what has gone wrong.

Some diagrams would help (to see where exactly you are measuring, for example).

I created a vacuum

No you didn’t. You might have lowered the pressure by some unknown amount. 

Then I looked if a magnetic field is generated in the sheet metal.

You need to learn how to eliminate other causes. For example:

How did you make sure you were measuring at the same distance? Did you make measurements at various distances and positions? Did you measure the distortion of the sheet metal caused by the lower pressure? Did you try different types of metals and non-metals? Did you try with the pump running but no vacuum? Did you try moving/rotating the pump?

Can you think of 5 more things you could try to see if they affect the measurement?

1 minute ago, Strange said:

sigh

What is so bad about it? I can still do a summary in the end.

1 minute ago, swansont said:

Sorry, no. A piece of wood held up to glass with e mechanical pump might get you down to a few torr (not even 1/1000 of atmosphere) but it's more likely the pressure inside was not much better than a tenth of atmosphere.

I have reached with this construction 5kPa.

15 minutes ago, Phantom5 said:

I have reached with this construction 5kPa.

Which is 0.5 tenths of an atmosphere (since atmosphere is 101 kPa). So my guess was pretty good. (I deleted my post after seeing you had done a measurement and wanted to check; but hey, I was right)

@Phantom5

On one of your photos we can see model name of your vacuum pump, which is VP115. Googling for it gives more details about what this device is capable of. It's single stage pump.

"Ultimate deep vacuum: single stage is 5 Pa, while dual stage is 0.3 Pa. " (5 Pa is also mentioned on the plate in third row).

Reaching just 5 kPa, shows how much inefficient is your design..

Pump has electric engine, which is long wire around core, through which there is flowing current, and it's creating magnetic field around it, when it's working. e.g. try sucking air from empty beer glass instead, and observe what smartphone with this application will show.. Seal vacuum pipe with hole in the glass as best as you can.

Edited by Sensei

1 minute ago, Sensei said:

@Phantom5

On one of your photos we can see model name of your vacuum pump, which is VP115. Googling for it gives more details about what this device is capable of. It's single stage pump.

"Ultimate deep vacuum: single stage is 5 Pa, while dual stage is 0.3 Pa. " (5 Pa is also mentioned on the plate in third row).

Reaching just 5 kPa, shows how much inefficient is your design..

But it works.

15 minutes ago, Phantom5 said:

What do you say of the last video?

It's very unclear. If you are treating this project seriously get Arduino, and Barometric Pressure Sensor for it.

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/BarometricPressureSensor

It'll allow making precise graph of pressures on timeline (+- 1 Pa precision).

https://store.arduino.cc/grove-barometer-sensor-bmp280

It costs 10 euros. Arduino-clone is for $5 here. So you won't spend much on it.

There are magnetometers for Arduino as well (so, you won't have to use smartphone for it). And you will have everything on timeline.

https://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/301

Use Serial.println() to send data in the real-time to computer, in CSV format. And import it from Excel/OpenOffice Spread Sheet.

Edited by Sensei

1 minute ago, Sensei said:

It's very unclear. If you are treating this project seriously get Arduino, and Barometric Pressure Sensor for it.

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/BarometricPressureSensor

It'll allow making precise graph of pressures on timeline (+- 1 Pa precision).

https://store.arduino.cc/grove-barometer-sensor-bmp280

It costs 10 euros. Arduino-clone is for $5 here. So you won't spend much on it.

There are magnetometers for Arduino as well (so, you won't have to use smartphone for it). And you will have timeline.

Use Serial.println() to send data in the real-time to computer, in CSV format. And import it from Excel/OpenOffice Spread Sheet.

Thanks, this is a good idea.

Arduino does make home labs much more accessible. 

You need to find some way to rule out the vacuum pump and associated electrics from being the cause of the magnetic fields. Which is far far more likely than what you're proposing. 

But I have to commend you for actually doing an experiment and improving it based on feedback. Experimental physics isn't easy, I would anticipate a fair few iterations of the experiment before you've rulled out most of the obvious interferers.