What scriptures?

jajrussel

• 3 weeks later...

Almost missed that one .................

"Scripture by Inspiration of God" (not the Bible written by God) .................

The Bible mentions several books that are not really included in it.  Those books deal with the association between God's Glories that, for one reason or another, are not revealed to man as they were before.

Best answer to that is, God has disputed several, Holy Sites/Pyramids/Temples, and because mankind lived in those areas in an unclean way, God completed SEALing up his Glories.  "Jerusalem", was and is still disputed.  If you can't live there in a clean way, don't live there.  Jerusalem, its people and land must be killed by nuclear weapons if possible, as quickly as possible, they are not important or significant.

The Apostle Paul, did not dispute the Temple Mound or Jerusalem, he just kill them there, and got help from Caesar, as the gospel records .................... after that was resolved, "Scripture by Inspiration of God" was revealed.  But that kind of sin with man, is not a position that endures for long, those positions are just over come by more dead work and dead flesh.  Something you must answer for today, (or there will won't be a Gentile Reign according to Isaiah, which is the Work of Revelation, the Addition to Daniel's Weeks) (work without faith is dead)

Edited by Third@rk

On 10/5/2018 at 4:57 AM, jajrussel said:

What scriptures would Paul have been carrying around?

The Tanakh.  Or what I like to call, The Tonic. . .

2 hours ago, Third@rk said:

Jerusalem, its people and land must be killed by nuclear weapons if possible, as quickly as possible, they are not important or significant.

Now I know what my cousin meant when he said, "it's ok to have faith, just don't let it drive you mad. . ."

Edited by DirtyChai

3 hours ago, Third@rk said:

Almost missed that one .................

"Scripture by Inspiration of God" (not the Bible written by God) .................

The Bible mentions several books that are not really included in it.  Those books deal with the association between God's Glories that, for one reason or another, are not revealed to man as they were before.

Best answer to that is, God has disputed several, Holy Sites/Pyramids/Temples, and because mankind lived in those areas in an unclean way, God completed SEALing up his Glories.  "Jerusalem", was and is still disputed.  If you can't live there in a clean way, don't live there.  Jerusalem, its people and land must be killed by nuclear weapons if possible, as quickly as possible, they are not important or significant.

The Apostle Paul, did not dispute the Temple Mound or Jerusalem, he just kill them there, and got help from Caesar, as the gospel records .................... after that was resolved, "Scripture by Inspiration of God" was revealed.  But that kind of sin with man, is not a position that endures for long, those positions are just over come by more dead work and dead flesh.  Something you must answer for today, (or there will won't be a Gentile Reign according to Isaiah, which is the Work of Revelation, the Addition to Daniel's Weeks) (work without faith is dead)

!

Moderator Note

I don't see how this is related to the question of the OP. Preaching is against our rules.

Scripture is when someone writes. Somebody has recorded their thoughts. They might make false claims for what they wrote, or others might later.

As in the case of all of 2 Timothy, which was almost certainly NOT written by Paul, but by someone CLAIMING to be Paul. A later fantasist claiming to be an earlier more famous deluded individual.

It doesn't really inspire confidence in the contents. 

On 10/5/2018 at 4:57 AM, jajrussel said:

In 2 Timirhy 3:16 Paul speaks about scriptures and what they are good for. What scriptures would Paul have been carrying around?

(These Scriptures) (Jacob's Pillow Stone/Philosopher Stone)

Edward Leedskalnin and Mystery Box

images.mentalfloss.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/445_tripod1.jpg

Shoko Asahara and Mystery Box

japansamachar.com/uploads/posts/e6fa090d759639d94deb2d7db441cffa1530852589.jpg

Nicholas Roerich and Mystery Box

LAPIS EXILLIS: Lost Secrets of the Illuminati - HD FEATURE

youtube.com/watch?v=Z_75v1XA46g

Arnold Toynbee

The Mystery Of The Toynbee Tiles.

youtube.com/watch?v=_geocrWLkRg

(Paul was referring to "God's Mercies, that are no longer viable" .............................. At the time of Paul, the Temple of Jerusalem was the energy center, and it is still today that really came under fire ............................... there should be no people there living, because they are unclean ...................... anyway ......................... paul had a way to illustrate god's mercies, and this answered the gospel's claims about the "mystery books" it references that it doesn't explain) (the Second Light Source for Earth, our Moon, is unactivated ....................... but I believe over time, this issue make be revealed more to the people, in terms of what's necessary)

(The Argument is associated with individuals, not with creation by itself, that is the argument they were playing with ..................... some say the old ways were with tonics and poisons, some say again the new way is with plutonium or other radioactive elements ......................because its isolated to individuals, I'd says its not important ...............the issue of Jerusalem's Temple its people and its land, all jerusalem/lsreal, to be sure, we'll just have to see how that goes)

Edited by Third@rk

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Itoero said:

Why is 'scripture' assumed to be only 'religious' writing?

Because that is the most common use of the word:

1a(1)capitalized : the books of the Bible  often used in plural

(2)often capitalized : a passage from the Bible

b: a body of writings considered sacred or authoritative

First Known Use of scripture

14th century, in the meaning defined at sense 1a(1)

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/scripture

On 10/21/2018 at 6:38 AM, DirtyChai said:

Now I know what my cousin meant when he said, "it's ok to have faith, just don't let it drive you mad. . ."

Paul was a Jewish Pharisee .. he probably would have carried the Torah and rest of the Old Testament with him if he could, the law and the prophets, but how possible that would be I don`t know, the size those books could have been, huge, sheepskin pages, or parchment, though they may have been in scroll form.  Perhaps they were kept in synagogues and homes, and people didn`t travel with them.  He may have kept copies of his letters to the churches.  

6 hours ago, coffeesippin said:

Paul was a Jewish Pharisee .. he probably would have carried the Torah and rest of the Old Testament with him if he could, the law and the prophets, but how possible that would be I don`t know, the size those books could have been, huge, sheepskin pages, or parchment, though they may have been in scroll form.  Perhaps they were kept in synagogues and homes, and people didn`t travel with them.  He may have kept copies of his letters to the churches.  

Why? you know he was a Christian... right?

1 hour ago, dimreepr said:

Why? you know he was a Christian... right?

He was converted on the road to Damascus as he was travelling to have Christians imprisoned and killed.  Before his conversion he was a zealot among the Pharisees in hatred of Christ.  When he was converted he did not discard the Torah and the Prophets, but used them in preaching Christ.  And of course he and others were also writing letters and gospels which became the New Testament.

On 11/20/2018 at 3:12 PM, coffeesippin said:

When he was converted he did not discard the Torah and the Prophets, but used them in preaching Christ.  And of course he and others were also writing letters and gospels which became the New Testament.

So yes he was a Christian, he, therefore, was preaching the NT, so why not discard the Torah (if he had one)?

On 11/20/2018 at 1:55 AM, coffeesippin said:
On 10/21/2018 at 6:38 AM, DirtyChai said:

Paul was a Jewish Pharisee .. he probably would have carried the Torah and rest of the Old Testament with him if he could. . .

I agree, but not sure why you selectively quoted that second sentence out of context. . .

Perhaps it may have resonated with you a bit, (and that's fine) but it was mostly in response to third@rsehole's comment about the need to kill insignificant people with nuclear weapons. . .

On 11/24/2018 at 7:22 AM, dimreepr said:
On 11/20/2018 at 10:12 AM, coffeesippin said:

When he was converted he did not discard the Torah and the Prophets, but used them in preaching Christ.  And of course he and others were also writing letters and gospels which became the New Testament.

So yes he was a Christian, he, therefore, was preaching the NT, so why not discard the Torah (if he had one)?

There are probably 250-300+ references to the OT in the NT.  Many of Paul's references were used to explain the relativity between OT Law vs. NT Grace.

Edited by DirtyChai

On 10/21/2018 at 7:11 AM, mistermack said:

Scripture is when someone writes. Somebody has recorded their thoughts. They might make false claims for what they wrote, or others might later.

As in the case of all of 2 Timothy, which was almost certainly NOT written by Paul, but by someone CLAIMING to be Paul. A later fantasist claiming to be an earlier more famous deluded individual.

It doesn't really inspire confidence in the contents. 

Ah well, you included the "which was almost certainly NOT written by Paul..."     Escape room is important.   I say is certainly was written by Paul. 

1 hour ago, coffeesippin said:

Ah well, you included the "which was almost certainly NOT written by Paul..."     Escape room is important.   I say is certainly was written by Paul. 

It seems 80% of the scholars agree that Timothy (yes, both) is not written by Paul. So where does your certainty come from? 

46 minutes ago, Eise said:

It seems 80% of the scholars agree that Timothy (yes, both) is not written by Paul. So where does your certainty come from? 

1.   Both books say they are written by Paul

2.  Both books are written in Paul's style and intent.

3.  Both books complement each other and the other NT books.

4  Both books are accurate in every word compared with a Strong's Concordance.

5.  Both books accurately reflect the doctrines of the Christian church of that day founded on the day of Pentecost.

Also, (but that which will probably be deemed unacceptable here even though those deeming it CANNOT prove it to be false,)        Direct Personal Revelation of the Holy Ghost.  

For many articles refuting the link you provided, look these many articles over, not stopping on page 1:   https://www.google.com/search?q=who+wrote+Paul's+letters+to+Timothy%3F&rlz=1C1GGRV_enCA803CA812&oq=who+wrote+Paul's+letters+to+Timothy%3F&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.24461j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by coffeesippin

14 minutes ago, coffeesippin said:

1.   Both books say they are written by Paul

Well, that is easy. This posting is written by Paul too. This is proof! 

2.  Both books are written in Paul's style and intent.

Really? (See bold passage)

The author of First Timothy has been traditionally identified as the Apostle Paul. He is named as the author of the letter in the text (1:1). Nineteenth and twentieth century scholarship questioned the authenticity of the letter, with many scholars suggesting that First Timothy, along with Second Timothy and Titus, are not original to Paul, but rather to an unknown Christian writing some time in the late-first-to-mid-2nd century. Most scholars now affirm this view. However, some are calling this supposed consensus into question. As evidence for this perspective, they put forward that the Pastoral Epistles contain 306 words that Paul does not use in his unquestioned letters, that their style of writing is different from that of his unquestioned letters, that they reflect conditions and a church organization not current in Paul's day, and that they do not appear in early lists of his canonical works.

(Bold and Italics by me).

5.  Both books accurately reflect the doctrines of the Christian church of that day founded on the day of Pentecost.

Of which day? About 50 CE? Or 250 CE? See passages in italic above.

Also, (but that which will probably be deemed unacceptable here even though those deeming it CANNOT prove it to be false,)        Direct Personal Revelation of the Holy Ghost.  

The books of the bible are written by people, the bible was composed by people, it was falsified by people, people made errors copying, and therefore is full with errors, biases, falsifications, inconsistencies etc etc. E.g can you tell me.

- What should we do in the face of the youngest day according to Jesus?

- What should we do in the face of the youngest day according to Paul?

Who is right, and why?

Edited by Eise

10 hours ago, Eise said:

Well, that is easy. This posting is written by Paul too. This is proof! 

Really? (See bold passage)

(Bold and Italics by me).

Of which day? About 50 CE? Or 250 CE? See passages in italic above.

The books of the bible are written by people, the bible was composed by people, it was falsified by people, people made errors copying, and therefore is full with errors, biases, falsifications, inconsistencies etc etc. E.g can you tell me.

- What should we do in the face of the youngest day according to Jesus?

- What should we do in the face of the youngest day according to Paul?

Who is right, and why?

Seek and ye shall find.  I was searching for the truth and I found it.

On 11/14/2018 at 10:53 AM, Strange said:

Please provide the data to support that claim 

For example, there are about 300,000 books published per year in the US (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Books_published_per_country_per_year) compared with 1 Bible

100 million bibles printed each year.  25% in the U.S.  https://www.google.com/search?q=how+many+homes+in+the+world+have+bibles%3F&rlz=1C1GGRV_enCA803CA812&oq=how+many+homes+in+the+world+have+bibles%3F&aqs=chrome..69i57.25786j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

"Almost nine out of 10 households (87 percent) own a Bible, according to the American Bible Society, and the average household has three."  http://www.bpnews.net/48743/study-americans-fond-of-bible-but-how-many-read-it

"According to Guinness World Records as of 1995, the Bible is the best-selling book of all time, with an estimated 5 billion copies sold and distributed.[1] The Qur'an is also widely reported to be one of the most printed and distributed books worldwide."   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_books

-1 for evading and irrationality.

11 hours ago, coffeesippin said:

Seek and ye shall find.  I was searching for the truth and I found it.

Tell us what you found: how do you prepare for the youngest day? The way that Jesus said, or the way Paul said? Who of the two is right, and why? Or don't you prepare at all, even that Jesus and Paul both mention the youngest day several times? 

7 minutes ago, Eise said:

Tell us what you found: how do you prepare for the youngest day? The way that Jesus said, or the way Paul said? Who of the two is right, and why? Or don't you prepare at all, even that Jesus and Paul both mention the youngest day several times? 

Hey Eise, I've never heard of that expression before, "the youngest day."  Can you please elaborate?

Also, what specific verses are you talking about wrt what Jesus said vs what Paul said?

Thanks in advance!

19 minutes ago, DirtyChai said:

I've never heard of that expression before, "the youngest day."

The apocalypse. And I want the answer from coffeesippin. He claims the bible is consistent, the true word of God. I'll wait for his answer.