Web or Mobile app development

AlexKutler

Since technologies (if you can call them that) are converging why differentiate?

For example I am currently trying to get our new library app to work for the kobo E reader.

Be warned you only have 5 posts in the first 24 hours, use them wisely.

Edited by studiot

46 minutes ago, AlexKutler said:

Which one is easy to learn? Web development or mobile app development?

Definitely web development. You don't even have to install anything but you can use built-in web browser (Internet Explorer on Windows, or Safari on MacOS), with built-in text editor (i.e. Notepad, Wordpad). You can download special programmer's text editor like ConTEXT. It's highlighting HTML syntax, which will be useful for beginners.

Use W3Schools for learning HTML, CSS, JavaScript and a bit of PHP.

However, to develop mobile phone apps, you need to have high end machine ("for gamers"), with minimum 8 GB ram, GFX card 2 GB or more, Core i7+ 4-6 cores, 1 TB HDD is recommended. Otherwise you won't be even able to test your apps on emulator. It's plausible to test mobile apps on the real smartphone/tablet, instead of emulator, but it would very tiresome for somebody unexperienced (i.e. making many mistakes, which needs instant checking).

36 minutes ago, studiot said:

Since technologies (if you can call them that) are converging why differentiate?

They're totally completely different. Web development is HTML, CSS, a bit JavaScript in something more complex (the more experienced webmasters can use PHP, Java, CGI (C/C++) on server side) .. but mobile apps development for e.g. Android is Java programming mostly (the more experienced programmers use C# .NET Framework with Unity/Unreal game engines).