Questions about Black Americans

14 hours ago, iNow said:

slave owners selected and bred slaves for specific characteristics. If certain strengths are more common (which I challenge as likely untrue), then it’s not about skin color at all but is about horrid decisions made on plantations about who could and could not have children.

So their physical advances come down to selective breeding, that is good to know.

Edited by John Harmonic

12 minutes ago, John Harmonic said:

So their physical advances come down to selective breeding, that is good to know.

To be clear, I challenge the underlying premise.

I think it’s bullshit and misguided.

The physical advances you cite very likely don’t even exist. 

However, IF they do... then see my potential explanation. It would be about direct ancestry to selectively bred slaves, NOT broad genetic differences tied to skin tone or anything deeper / more archaic. 

Edited by iNow

20 hours ago, John Harmonic said:

What part of Africa did Black Americans originate from? Also did some of the Black Americans come from Madagascar? 

maxresdefault.jpg

Also why are Black Americans or black people in general muscular and physically superior to other races? The dominate fighting sports like boxing and are amazing at other sports like NFL as well. Why do black people dominate physically demanding tasks? Does it go back to hunter gathering days in wild where it was necessary or is it cause of the slave trade that bringing them to a colder climate made them require less skinny and more muscular and thicker black people? Just questions I am wondering. Thank you in advance.

Black America origin is Africa, mostly west Africa, Ghana, Cameroon, Nigeria and other parts of africa, and this happened when they transferred to America to work in plantations then, 

They are strong since then, because of nature of Africans

3 hours ago, John Harmonic said:

Almost certain nay not. 

1. There is no evidence for the differences you claim

2. There is not enough time for “selective breeding” 

29 minutes ago, Strange said:

1. There is no evidence for the differences you claim

What differences did I claim do you mean? Also is there scientific studies to show who is physically superior race in terms of strength? I just use boxing records to assume that blacks are best fighters since they are most dominate in that sport.

2 minutes ago, John Harmonic said:

What differences did I claim do you mean? Also is there scientific studies to show who is physically superior race in terms of strength? I just use boxing records to assume that blacks are best fighters since they are most dominate in that sport.

It's probably that they are over represented  in that sport because they don't have as many opportunities to progress in other areas of western society.

4 minutes ago, John Harmonic said:

What differences did I claim do you mean?

What? Short term memory loss?

Black Americans or black people in general muscular and physically superior to other races

6 minutes ago, John Harmonic said:

Also is there scientific studies to show who is physically superior race in terms of strength?

If you have no evidence why are you making these claims?

7 minutes ago, John Harmonic said:

I just use boxing records to assume that blacks are best fighters since they are most dominate in that sport.

I would be interested to see the statistical analysis you have done and what you did to eliminate confounding factors

4 minutes ago, Strange said:

What? Short term memory loss?

Yep so can you point it out what you mean, thanks.

Also it is a question I am asking ,is there a race physically superior according to scientific studies and no need for statistical analysis when you can statickle my ball sack. You see what I did there.

2 minutes ago, John Harmonic said:

so can you point it out what you mean, thanks.

I just did. 

3 minutes ago, John Harmonic said:

Also it is a question I am asking ,is there a race physically superior according to scientific studies

That isn’t the question you asked. Maybe you should read the OP again. 

Woops missed that. Yes I am probably putting blacks on a pedestal since all the stuff they have achieve in the realm of sport so that is an error on my part stating things which may or may not be true. I don't know where this discussion is going so I am going to give it a new path with a question that relates to the OP. 

Is there a race that is physically superior to the rest based on scientific studies.

17 minutes ago, John Harmonic said:

Woops missed that. Yes I am probably putting blacks on a pedestal since all the stuff they have achieve in the realm of sport so that is an error on my part stating things which may or may not be true. I don't know where this discussion is going so I am going to give it a new path with a question that relates to the OP. 

Is there a race that is physically superior to the rest based on scientific studies.

Race is a social construct based on colour differences and that doesn't directly correlate with specific abilities in each colour group; unless one exercises some cognitive bias. Race is a nebulous concept, especially when you think of the increasing integration between all the different ethnicities.

I wonder if a racist will magically appear here now, as they often do with this subject. :) 

Edited by StringJunky

24 minutes ago, John Harmonic said:

Define “race”... (and “physically superior”)

There is a group/tribe who have adapted to freediving: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-43823885

This is a good article that looks at why so many great marathon runners come from Kenya. It explains the difficulties in looking at questions like this. There have been some scientific studies which suggest there could be a genetic component. But it is hard to separate this from cultural effects (although many of the ideas around this are based on Western myths about Africa) https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/04/why-kenyans-make-such-great-runners-a-story-of-genes-and-cultures/256015/

Edited by Strange

23 minutes ago, John Harmonic said:

I will define race as ethnic group which is what I think I am talking about. 

There are some interesting comments about the difference between "race" and "ethnicity" here: https://www.pbs.org/race/000_About/002_04-experts-03-02.htm

For example, I have a friend who was born in Korea to Korean parents, but as an infant, she was adopted by an Italian family in Italy. Ethnically, she feels Italian: she eats Italian food, she speaks Italian, she knows Italian history and culture. She knows nothing about Korean history and culture. But when she comes to the United States, she's treated racially as Asian.

Edited by Strange
spelling

8 hours ago, StringJunky said:

Race is a social construct based on colour differences and that doesn't directly correlate with specific abilities in each colour group; unless one exercises some cognitive bias. Race is a nebulous concept, especially when you think of the increasing integration between all the different ethnicities.

I wonder if a racist will magically appear here now, as they often do with this subject. :) 

So you can see that strawman and name calling is about the level of science you'll get when it comes to human differences, on this website.

Just before I get banned I'd like to point out that race is based on shared ancestry like any other taxa. So we'll leave these pretend scientists to circle jerk their PC fantasy.

8 hours ago, Strange said:

There are some interesting comments about the difference between "race" and "ethnicity" here: https://www.pbs.org/race/000_About/002_04-experts-03-02.htm

On PBS? *facepalm*

That's a media corporation owned by Jewish commies that hires commie pseudoscientists to present their crap to hoodwink the white goyim masses, isn't it? Note how they all single out *white people*. Most of them are non-whites, living in white countries. Quite obviously commie demoralisation and invasion tactics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism

Edited by Taxonomist

26 minutes ago, Taxonomist said:

That's a media corporation owned by Jewish commies that hires commie pseudoscientists to present their crap to hoodwink the white goyim masses, isn't it?

Is it? I thought it was run by the British Royal Family (who we all know are alien lizard people) and the Illuminati.

28 minutes ago, Taxonomist said:

That's a media corporation owned by Jewish commies that hires commie pseudoscientists to present their crap to hoodwink the white goyim masses, isn't it? Note how they all single out *white people*. Most of them are non-whites, living in white countries. Quite obviously commie demoralisation and invasion tactics.

!

Moderator Note

Rule 2.1.1  Slurs or prejudice against any group of people (or person) are prohibited.

Also, we discuss science here, not conspiracy theories, or any of the crap you're hatefully pushing at us. There are tons of places on the web for you, but we don't want it. Go away and never come back, please.

37 minutes ago, Taxonomist said:

So you can see that strawman and name calling is about the level of science you'll get when it comes to human differences, on this website.

Just before I get banned I'd like to point out that race is based on shared ancestry like any other taxa. So we'll leave these pretend scientists to circle jerk their PC fantasy.

On PBS? *facepalm*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism

Like flies to shit...

• 1 month later...

Apparently, back in the days of slavery, blacks were bred (by their white owners) to be big and strong, making them more useful for manual labour.  Notice how Olympic sprinters almost always come from countries where their ancestors were slaves - black sprinters from Africa itself are almost unheard of.

Edited by Francis

11 hours ago, Francis said:

Notice how Olympic sprinters almost always come from countries where their ancestors were slaves - black sprinters from Africa itself are almost unheard of.

Nothing to do with breeding. There's an effect of diet and health of parents that can persist over two or three generations, leading to size and health difference of children. African lifestyles are not generally a match for the USA or the West Indies. But that's focusing on the power sports. Endurance sports like the Marathon and other distance running are dominated by Africans born in Africa. Edit :

You've also got better training facilities in the US and better chemists and pill pushers. Makes a difference in strength disciplines. 

Edited by mistermack