Electricity In Space

Tony

Originally posted by Tony

You see satellites and the space station using solar panels to fuel themselves.

Is it not possible to generate electricity in space.

Well, that's a complete contradiction for a start.

Knowing that if you spin something in space it spins forever

Unless you take energy away, which is what you are proposing.

unlike earth where it takes a force to move something.

It takes a force to move something in space too.

and a conductor cutting the flux in a magnet produces current.

Crudely correct.

Unless I am missing some information,

Which you are, but won't accept

it should be real easy to produce a great deal electricity in space.

It is.

So why do they use monster size expensive solar panels instead?

Because it's the easiest and cheapest way. NASA and ESA aren't in the business of burning money (except where things explode on the launch-pad obviously).

Fact: NASA in conjunction with the Italians have done an experiment in space, similar to what I am suggesting and it proved successful. I am right you are all wrong.

Their experiment may have proved successful, but you have failed to provide evidence of this. Even if you do, you then need to demonstrate that their experiment provided energy from nowhere in order to "make us all wrong". URL fixed btw.

Did you look at the link I posted Re: that satellite? I'm guessing no. That article you posted describes a planned launch in ultimately vague detail that in no way whatsoever proves that NASA have magical "break the laws of thermodynamics" powers.

The tether experiment is way cheaper than solar panel, and can produce far more electricity than solar panels.

No. It is not cheap launching a satellite for a start, and solar panels earn back their cost in a tiny amount of time. I don't see how an experiment conducted in 1996 -- which has produced no commercially viable technology after 7 years -- suddenly means we have the capacity to produce infinite free energy, but we're "just not using it" because all the physicists at NASA are more stupid than you.

You people are absolute morons, concede defeat - Read the article.

Read the replies. Your claim that this article makes your deluded ranting "right" is like me saying that the Pope is a homosexual then pointing to an article on the Vatican's recent onslaught against gay marriage as proof.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony you clearly have no grasp of physics. The reason there are several people telling you that you're wrong (all of whom actually have knowledge in this field) is because........

wait for it........

wait for it..........

YOUR BLINDINGLY STUPID AND DELUDED. STOP POSTING TROLL.