Salvation from Evil

MassMan

Evil is real and we are experiencing it. We complain of the evil around us. There are different types of evil as we know such as natural-calamities, manmade-wars, crime, emotional/psychological, physical-illnesses. Now for a moment, can't we just think of the redemption from this evil and the justification of why it happened to the world? Can science justify or explain the evil or religion? And if religion I think it's Christianity that can explain and provide salvation from this evil?

For you, what do you think?

People want to "have"... to have something in this version of the Universe they have to pay for it.. using "money"...

(some) people steal to get money, people kill to get money, (some) people kill to remove witnesses who have been robbed, (some) people kill even parents, and close relatives, wives, husbands, to get money from heritage..

No money = no reason to make majority of the crimes..

ps. Everything that everyone possesses is in the possession of the creator of the Universe, who has made the all atoms and the all particles of this and all the Universes. Nothing belongs to people. It is just borrowed..

Edited by Sensei

4 minutes ago, Sensei said:

People want to "have"... to have something in this version of the Universe they have to pay for it.. using "money"...

(some) people steal to get money, people kill to get money, (some) people kill to remove witnesses who have been robbed, (some) people kill even parents, and close relatives, wives, husband, to get money from heritage..

No money = no reason to make majority of the crimes..

I'm willing to bet that there was crime before there was money.

Money is a proxy for "stuff that I want"- I believe the economists call it "utility".

Stealing food is pretty common in the animal kingdom; use of cash isn't.

22 minutes ago, MassMan said:

And if religion I think it's Christianity that can explain and provide salvation from this evil?

For you, what do you think?

I think you have made a statement, realised that it is unsupported, and put a question mark on the end of it.

7 hours ago, MassMan said:

There are different types of evil as we know such as natural-calamities, manmade-wars, crime, emotional/psychological, physical-illnesses.

I might classify some wars and crimes as evil, but not natural calamities or illnesses. Intent is the way I would define evil. A storm has no intent, nor is there anything with sentience driving it. The same thing with a naturally occurring illness.

The way to start to stop the wars and crimes is to eliminate the need. Many "evil" things happen because people are in desperate situations economically. Making it easier to get the things we all need to live happily helps people avoid doing evil.

7 hours ago, MassMan said:

And if religion I think it's Christianity that can explain and provide salvation from this evil?

I think this is one of Christianity's big problems. They don't really have an explanation. They sometimes try and fudge it with free will ("its your fault") or "God moves in mysterious ways" (in other words, "we don't have a clue").

Other religions have plausible explanations; such as there is a good god and an evil god (or several gods of each type). Of course, that just pushes the question back to why this gods are good and evil. The obvious answer is because they were invented by humans.

According to Christianity, Evil exists because God- knowing what would happen- decided to put the serpent in the garden.

Oddly the scripture doesn't explain why He did this.

I guess He's just evil.

Christianity then goes on to say that we were all in paradise until the only woman there decided not to follow the instructions.

Perhaps it's just my observations of men and women, but that seems odd.

5 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

Christianity then goes on to say that we were all in paradise until the only woman there decided not to follow the instructions.

The instructions were based on a lie (on the day you do this you will surely die). I consider this type of lie to be evil, especially since it aided in the attempt to withhold knowledge of good and evil. 

The salvation from evil might well include knowledge of good and evil. I rarely fix anything I don't know about.

I have to wonder why the OP hasn't been back to discuss his handiwork?

As a preacher he has achieved his objective.

That is to preach to non believers by engaging them in such discussion.

But look how efficiently he has done it.

He has set lots of members discussing religous matters amongst themselves.

I would also like to know why this site advertises "A Free Messianic Bible" with this thread?

Edited by studiot

11 hours ago, studiot said:

I have to wonder why the OP hasn't been back to discuss his handiwork?

As a preacher he has achieved his objective.

I think you have answered the question.

I would also like to know why this site advertises "A Free Messianic Bible" with this thread?

Does it? The genius of Google advertising. Although you would think the algorithms would be smart enough to realise that the site is populated by people who don't want a bible.

Google addresses only visitor needs.. ;)

I am seeing just "Arduino Starter Kits", "Arduino WiFi modules", "Arduino Bluetooth modules" etc. etc. everywhere..

25 minutes ago, Sensei said:

Google addresses only visitor needs.. ;)

I am seeing just "Arduino Starter Kits", "Arduino WiFi modules", "Arduino Bluetooth modules" etc. etc. everywhere..

Ah. So Google obviously thinks that studiot needs or wants a bible. 

21 minutes ago, Strange said:

Ah. So Google obviously thinks that studiot needs or wants a bible.

Then Google is even thicker than I thought.

The point is that I tried it several times, logging off and logging on again and each time I came back to this thread I got this.

And the advert didn't 'rotate' - it remained fixed.

Perhaps it was one of those things. Today I am being bombarded with rotating financial ads.

bible.thumb.jpg.f900e8e1afdb66ee7634b6080e8597b2.jpg

Edited by studiot

On 9/23/2018 at 4:06 PM, Klaynos said:

Can you start by carefully and unambiguously defining what you mean by "real" and "evil"?

Sorry for late reply. I mean the evil around us.We are experiencing it in different aspects of our life. There is objective morality because we see things us truly evil. Such us killings. It is really evil if we see it. And if you think it's not then why?

4 minutes ago, Strange said:

It is not objective because different cultures and times have different beliefs about what is right and wrong.

Is killing your own child objectively evil or not. I think it's evil. You would also think it's evil. We agree on this even we have different culture.

Just now, MassMan said:

Is killing your own child objectively evil or not. I think it's evil. You would also think it's evil. We agree on this even we have different culture.

There may be contexts where it is not considered wrong. For example, if the child is suffering terribly from injury or disease.

2 minutes ago, Strange said:

There may be contexts where it is not considered wrong. For example, if the child is suffering terribly from injury or disease.

It is truly evil and worst if you kill it without any reason. Objective moral values do exist. There is a term evil because there is really evil. Some things are really wrong.

There is really evil that's happening around us. Otherwise, we don't complain on it. From this, objective morality do exist.

7 minutes ago, MassMan said:

It is truly evil and worst if you kill it without any reason. Objective moral values do exist. There is a term evil because there is really evil. Some things are really wrong.

I don't think they do. Humans have conducted child sacrifice in the past. They didn't think it evil. 

10 minutes ago, MassMan said:

Objective moral values do exist.

I don't believe you.

11 minutes ago, MassMan said:

There is really evil that's happening around us. Otherwise, we don't complain on it. From this, objective morality do exist.

That is not logical. The fact we complain about something doesn't make it objectively wrong. It just means we believe to be wrong.

4 minutes ago, Klaynos said:

I don't think they do. Humans have conducted child sacrifice in the past. They didn't think it evil. 

They think it's evil but their hearts and minds are polluted by their ideologies. Like what happened to the Nazi Germans. They know it's evil but because of their ideologies their hearts were clouded. They know it's evil but they have to do it. We are humans who knows what is right or wrong but if our hearts and minds are polluted by evil desires, we will not know right from wrong. But objective morality still exist even we don't already know right from wrong. God is justified to condemn us.

5 minutes ago, MassMan said:

They think it's evil but their hearts and minds are polluted by their ideologies. Like what happened to the Nazi Germans. They know it's evil but because of their ideologies their hearts were clouded. They know it's evil but they have to do it. We are humans who knows what is right or wrong but if our hearts and minds are polluted by evil desires, we will not know right from wrong. But objective morality still exist even we don't already know right from wrong. God is justified to condemn us.

That reads like wishful thinking and is subjective. 

Child sacrifice happened almost universally for probably thousands of years. There's even some who argue that Abraham not sacrificing his son but using an animal instead is a more modern change from him actually sacrificing his child. 

God? That's not evidence, just more subjective wishful thinking. 

2 minutes ago, Klaynos said:

That reads like wishful thinking and is subjective. 

Child sacrifice happened almost universally for probably thousands of years. There's even some who argue that Abraham not sacrificing his son but using an animal instead is a more modern change from him actually sacrificing his child. 

God? That's not evidence, just more subjective wishful thinking. 

Abraham cried when he is going to sacrifice his son. God only test Abraham's faith on Him. Abraham's son was not sacrifice afterall.