Poland is pushing the EU into crisis?

Sensei

Poland is pushing the EU into crisis?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Poland is pushing the EU into crisis?

Can you give us a summary of what that video is about?

Something to do with this, maybe?

Poland was suspended from the European Network of Councils for the Judiciary on Monday because the body that nominates the country’s judges is no longer seen as being independent of political control.

Poland will be discussed at the General Affairs Council (made up of EU foreign affairs or Europe ministers) on Tuesday, where Konrad Szymański, the Polish European affairs minister, will present Warsaw’s arguments. Commission Vice President Frans Timmermans, who has taken the lead in pursing the rule-of-law case against Poland, is due to present the issue to the College of Commissioners on Wednesday, after which the infringement procedure may be moved to the ECJ.

Last December, the Commission for the first time initiated so-called Article 7 proceedings against Poland, beginning a process that theoretically could lead to Poland losing its voting rights in the Council.

https://www.politico.eu/article/poland-rule-of-law-suspended-from-eu-judicial-organization/

Edited by Strange

• 8 months later...

If you country's borders had been re-drawn by Prussians and Russians numerous times over the last several hundred years, and sometimes, totally eliminated )…
If your country had been attacked by the Nazis to start WW2, and then been occupied by the Russians for half a century...
If your country was witnessing the goings on in the Ukraine, and the Russians were again starting to flex their invasive muscles...

You might be paranoid too.

On 9/18/2018 at 8:29 AM, Sensei said:

Poland is pushing the EU into crisis:

ps. koti and Silvestru should be the most interested in this subject, after all they're Polish citizens..

Gee Sensei, I wish you’d used # in this post with my nick in it, that way I wouldn’t have missed it and replied a year ago. You are a piece of work man, you answer complex questions in the computer science section yet you missed the keyword hash thingy.

On 9/18/2018 at 12:03 PM, Strange said:

Can you give us a summary of what that video is about?

Something to do with this, maybe?

https://www.politico.eu/article/poland-rule-of-law-suspended-from-eu-judicial-organization/

Yep, just browsed but since I read a lot of politico over the years I can pretty safely confirm. Sh1t got a a lot thicker since last year though, yesterday a „commision” was interrogating Donald Tusk in Warsaw (President of the EU Council) trying to frame him into 140mln PLN (44mln USD) in shady VAT anomalies while the ruling party defrauded several billions in their machinations to feed brainless morons a populistic reality created to win the next elections which are pretty soon. This sh1t worked 3,5 years ago when they won and everything is clicking into place for them to win again...they have most of the media, the church, the courts - everything. 5 days after they won the elections 3,5 years ago, Kaczyński let Zbigniew Ziobro merge the attorney general function with the minister of justice function and let him take the seat, this event initiated everything after.

On 6/13/2019 at 1:07 AM, iNow said:

And after Duda's meeting with Trump he’s going home with a bunch of F-35 fighter jets. Curious 

Oh please, you can say a lot about Trump but he knows how to get us into lucrative for the US maintenance contract for the next 10+ years - Duda is a blind moron with zero diplomatic intuition and/or experience.

On 6/13/2019 at 1:26 AM, MigL said:

If you country's borders had been re-drawn by Prussians and Russians numerous times over the last several hundred years, and sometimes, totally eliminated )…
If your country had been attacked by the Nazis to start WW2, and then been occupied by the Russians for half a century...
If your country was witnessing the goings on in the Ukraine, and the Russians were again starting to flex their invasive muscles...

Some of us are paranoid and all of us are having a drink on a Wednesday evening (multiple years of Russian influence) Many of us already left, some of us stayed out of which some still want to leave. In the last decade or so we are like the Jews - we don’t know if we should stay or go. I’m typing this from my balcony with a drink listening to a ferrari v12 just parking in front of our building with a „PW” sticker at the back „Poland Fighting” - a PiS rulling party theme.

53 minutes ago, koti said:

Gee Sensei, I wish you’d used # in this post with my nick in it, that way I wouldn’t have missed it and replied a year ago. You are a piece of work man, you answer complex questions in the computer science section yet you missed the keyword hash thingy. 

You are too used to Twitter/Facebook hashtags... On this forum you have to use (at) character e.g. @koti not hash #.. :)

14 minutes ago, Sensei said:

You are too used to Twitter/Facebook hashtags... On this forum you have to use (at) character e.g. @koti not hash #.. :)

@Sensei yep, youre right. But still you f up ;)  

Also, if I recall correctly Silvestru is Romanian. I’m sure you know that Poland and Romania are two different countries. 

Edited by koti

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2019 at 11:34 PM, koti said:

@Sensei yep, youre right. But still you f up ;)  

Also, if I recall correctly Silvestru is Romanian. I’m sure you know that Poland and Romania are two different countries. 

Sorry Koti, and Sensei, have been away a while. Very interesting and unfortunate view. Most polish people are appalled by such extremists as I'm sure Koti is as well.

In my humble opinion from this point, the young educated people just need to vote in bigger number for the right government.

I really love that country and I have traveled to most EU countries and few other and it's hands down my favorite. I dream to return there in my later days. 

Sorry for the subjective rant.

@Silvestru

Did you hear about the case?

"University professor beaten up on Warsaw tram for speaking German"

http://archiwum.thenews.pl/1/9/Artykul/270263

“An incident yesterday on the no. 22 tram – which I commute on every day – saw... Professor Jerzy Kochanowski being beaten up because he, along with his professor friend from the University of Jena, spoke German,” the student wrote.

“One of the other passengers didn’t like this. In response to [the professor’s] question ‘Why should I not speak German?’, the other passenger stood up and hit him,” the post on social media read. Professor Kochanowski confirmed these events, telling Newsweek Polska that the attacker was a “drunk proletarian”.

“He hears German, hits [people] in the head and the matter ends with stitches to the head,” Kochanowski added.

Just a couple days ago somebody was mistakenly taken as gay and beaten (by "drunk proletarian")..

20 hours ago, Silvestru said:

Most polish people, from large cities and from intelligence, are appalled by such extremists as I'm sure Koti is as well. 

Fixed it for you..

On 6/12/2019 at 7:26 PM, MigL said:

Fortunately it's already 30 years passed as Poland live the way it wants. It's time to get optimistic and step over the past. Look forward towards the bright future. Well, if many Poles can't do this then it is a part of national mentality not always explicable to the rest of World.

4 hours ago, Moreno said:

Well, if many Poles can't do this then it is a part of national mentality not always explicable to the rest of World.

Well, if I can't explain to the rest of the world maybe I don't understand and by extension neither do you...