Magnetic Vector Potential

DouglasMc

3 hours ago, DouglasMc said:

Looking for a material that will separate a magnetic field from it's vector potential.  Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated.  

Thanks!

Not exactly sure what you mean by this?

The magnetic vector potential (usual symbol A )is itself a vector field such that th emagentic field B is the curl of A.
Alternatively wherever there is a current, the circulation of the magnetic field round that current is nonzero.

Bu surely, asking to separate A from B is bit bit like asking to separate the direction field from its differential equation.

I've been going over Tom Bearden's work.  He claimed to have found a material that separates the magnetic field from the Magnetic Vector Potential. I would really like to find out what it is.

please check this video, if you don't want to watch all of it then jump to 10:40.  Thank you very much for your response.

23 minutes ago, DouglasMc said:

I've been going over Tom Bearden's work.  He claimed to have found a material that separates the magnetic field from the Magnetic Vector Potential. I would really like to find out what it is.

please check this video, if you don't want to watch all of it then jump to 10:40.  Thank you very much for your response.

The only Tom Bearden I can find is an overunity crank who claims academic awards he doesn't have.

So I ask you again.

What do you mean by separate a magnetic field from its vector potential?

Maths please.

Edited by studiot

I hear ya,  he has taken a pounding in the media.  However I have verified most of his credentials.   I have also spoken with people who have worked with him.  I encourage you to watch the video with an open mind.  It would be great to get an opinion from someone with your backround.

Thank you

I wish I had the Math my friend.  The video shows you the context of my question.

Open mind?

to listen to  a man who talks about (in the 20 seconds before your timestamp)

magnets being better than electric because you don't destroy the charge when you extract energy

One of the most basic laws of the universe is that charge can be neither created nor destroyed.

Conservation of charge is even more fundamental than conservation of energy since it is unaffected by relativity, which conservation of energy is not.

Then he goes on to claim that he get five times the energy out from his magnet than what he puts in, although he also claims he puts zero energy in so I suppose that is technically correct since 5 times nothing is still nothing.

The he goes on to conjour upt the spirit world by separating the magnetic field form the magnetic vector potential.

Talking of spirits

Can I offer you a glass of  alcohol free alcoholic drink?

Oh and by the way

To quote Martin Gardner, a well known journalist and mathematician

“Dr.” Bearden is fond of putting PhD after his name. An Internet check revealed that his doctorate was given, in his own words, for “life experience and life accomplishment.” It was purchased from a diploma mill called Trinity College and University—a British institution with no building, campus, faculty, or president, and run from a post office box in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The institution’s owner, one Albert Wainwright, calls himself the college “registrant.”

reference

https://www.csicop.org/si/show/dr._bearden_vacuum_energy

Edited by studiot

On viernes, 14 de septiembre de 2018 at 1:07 PM, DouglasMc said:

... will separate a magnetic field from it's vector potential.

In some cases it is [math]\vec{B}=0[/math] in a region and, simultaneously, [math]\vec{A}\neq 0[/math] in the same region. Can this cause a misunderstanding in the reading of the mentioned document?

Edited by quiet

12 hours ago, quiet said:

In some cases it is B⃗ =0 in a region and, simultaneously, A⃗ 0 in the same region. Can this cause a misunderstanding in the reading of the mentioned document?

It's possible. The Aharonov–Bohm effect is an example of an interaction happening where the field is zero but the vector potential is not. But to say one has "separated" the field from the potential is somewhat awkward, and not a property of a material, per se, as suggested by the OP.

47 minutes ago, swansont said:

It's possible. The Aharonov–Bohm effect is an example of an interaction happening where the field is zero but the vector potential is not. But to say one has "separated" the field from the potential is somewhat awkward, and not a property of a material, per se, as suggested by the OP.

+1