Why our universe is accelerating

The DB Element

Hi everyone,

My name is David and I just wanted to share my thoughts, thx.

The universe is accelerating because as time ticks forward, more "dark matter" is being created. 

I think "dark matter" is actually more than a single thing, I believe it's combination of two elements. The "DB" elements.

The origin of "dark matter" or The "DB" Elements comes from the same place everything else does, dying stars. If you measure the mass of a dying star, then measure the mass of what we can measure after it dies. You will find much of the matter appears to be missing. This is because we can not currently detect The "DB" Elements.

I look forward to your comments.

David

Edited by The DB Element
Accidentally put "energy" where "matter" should have been.

10 minutes ago, The DB Element said:

The origin of "dark energy" or The "DB" Elements comes from the same place everything else does, dying stars.

Hi The DB Element!

I fail to understand the idea, can you please explain? For instance, I think the vast majority of stars are located in galaxies, and galaxies does not seem to expand. Per your idea, how does the "DB" cause expansion of universe without expanding the galaxies?

(Note: I think this is more of a speculative topic than educational)

Sorry, I accidentally used the word "energy" when I meant "matter". It's been corrected.

Dark energy pushes, where matter pulls. Just like a photos of Earth's magnetic fields on Earth, some places have strong magnetic areas and other places have weak magnetic areas. Our part of the universe has more matter than energy, thus it isn't expanding as other parts will. 

But to prove the origin of "The DB elements" or "Dark Matter" one must measure the mass of a dying star, then measure the mass after it dies. The difference of mass will be the amount of "Dark Matter" created.

Thanks for your comment !

56 minutes ago, The DB Element said:

Sorry, I accidentally used the word "energy" when I meant "matter". It's been corrected.

Does that mean the title is wrong as well? Dark matter is not responsible for accelerating expansion.

I can see a couple of problems with this idea. The first is that we have evidence that dark matter existed before stars (patterns in the CMB and large structure formation). https://medium.com/starts-with-a-bang/five-reasons-we-think-dark-matter-exists-a122bd606ba8

Secondly,

58 minutes ago, The DB Element said:

But to prove the origin of "The DB elements" or "Dark Matter" one must measure the mass of a dying star, then measure the mass after it dies. The difference of mass will be the amount of "Dark Matter" created.

While we cannot do this, we can look at all the reactions that happen in a star. We have never seen any sign of a mass deficit that could be explained by dark matter.

So, we have no evidence for your idea and at least two lines of evidence against it (patterns in the CMB and large structure formation).

Thanks @Strange for supplying follow up questions I had in mind! And in addition to those questions I like to add:

31 minutes ago, The DB Element said:

one must measure the mass of a dying star, then measure the mass after it dies. The difference of mass will be the amount of "Dark Matter" created.

I think you need to specify "dying" in more detail, the processs in a supernova is different from a star that becomes* a red giant. What properties are you suggesting that the "The DB elements" have?

*) Not scientifically stringent description but good enough to move discussion forward.

4 hours ago, The DB Element said:

I think "dark matter" is actually more than a single thing, I believe it's combination of two elements. The "DB" elements.

Why two elements? There is no reason that dark matter has to be made up of a single type of particle and there are several models where it is a "family" of particles.

But why two? Where is the evidence for that?

Another problem with the model occurs to me. We know there is about 5 times as much dark matter as normal matter. How could this have been produced by stars (presumably as only a small fraction of the normal matter they contain) in a reasonable time?

6 hours ago, The DB Element said:

The origin of "dark matter" or The "DB" Elements comes from the same place everything else does, dying stars.  

Most of the matter we can easily detect was created int he Big Bang. Only a relatively small fraction is made in stars.

Do you have a model for your conjecture?

On 14/09/2018 at 8:48 AM, Strange said:

While we cannot do this, we can look at all the reactions that happen in a star. We have never seen any sign of a mass deficit that could be explained by dark matter.

This comment might not be completely accurate. There have been some odd results from neutrino detectors that hint at the existence of a fourth type of neutrino (the "sterile neutrino"), which has been suggested as a possible candidate for dark matter. (And there could be more than one type of sterile neutrino - maybe even two as the OP suggests!)

More background here: https://cosmosmagazine.com/physics/more-neutrinos-more-problems

(Partly posting this in the hope that DB might come back and discuss his idea. While it has problems, it is not completely off the wall.)