Edwina Lee

Florence the Hurricane

Recommended Posts

DirtyChai's video showed up the acting done by the reporter as the boys strode along in shorts, somewhat wind & rain free.

News is under pressure to be exciting/entertaining to captivate audiences.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s the point if this thread? What specifically do you wish to discuss? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edwina Lee said:

DirtyChai's video showed up the acting done by the reporter as the boys strode along in shorts, somewhat wind & rain free.

 

He would be better off facing the wind if he's going to remain in one spot, but if you are walking and the wind is mostly behind you it is much easier going.

 

Honestly with the deaths and major flooding for the area they're not exaggerating much if any. Think we'll wrap up with the flooding and rescues, then start accessing the economic damage. Always gets me how much damage those rivers overflowing can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, iNow said:

What’s the point if this thread? What specifically do you wish to discuss? 

The topic started with discussing an apparent anomally with the air flow.

Now it has shifted to aspects of reporting. The reporters' behaviour seemed contrary to the physics.

There are aspects of physics & engineering which may come up in the shots for discussion:-

For example, in this video of Typhoon Manghkut, a table is flying at the top floors of a high rise block:-

@0:27   https://www.facebook.com/nury.vittachi/videos/10156734007941214/?t=0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Edwina Lee said:

For example, in this video of Typhoon Manghkut, a table is flying at the top floors of a high rise block:-

@0:27   https://www.facebook.com/nury.vittachi/videos/10156734007941214/?t=0

!

Moderator Note

I split your post about Typhoon Manghkut to its own thread. Please use that to discuss this different storm in a different part of the planet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now