Which Computer are used in Banking

BYRTBYY

3 minutes ago, BYRTBYY said:

Hello

Which type of computer are used in bank what type of software hardware 

That is a rather vague question without a specific answer. But: Lots of different types and makes, running different operating systems and applications. Much banking software is written specifically by (or for) each bank. But they use a lot of off-the-shelf software as well.

Just now, BYRTBYY said:

Hello

I have used Ubuntu that ask for command does bank also work in command or Graphic user interface

which Linux or Unix operating system they use name

It depends.

Servers will not use a GUI. Interactive systems might.

No doubt they use many different versions of Linux or Unix. 

Why do you need to know?

Which Computer are used in Banking

Which type of computer are used in bank what type of software hardware 

Which bank? Tell website URL.. This way somebody here will be able to check whether they use, or not, PHP, JavaScript, AJAX, CGI, Java, etc. etc.

Each bank can use different software and different hardware. Any modern bank will have entire network of servers in server room, not just one single machine. It's unlikely they're exactly the same hardware. Servers are upgraded with time by newer more modern machines. The most likely dual-CPU server motherboards with dual Xeons (because Core i9,i7,i5,i3 can't be plugged to dual-CPU mb)

Edited by Sensei

21 minutes ago, NTUUN said:

Does Bank you use paper

Yes banks* use paper. Not all processes are yet 100% digital. For instance local law and/or customer preferences may require certain processes to use paper based forms. A more specific question may allow for a better answer, I've some experience in this area. 

*) bank in this context=a financial institution. There are other types of banks...

14 minutes ago, Ghideon said:

Yes banks* use paper. Not all processes are yet 100% digital.

One of my bank accounts must be relatively paper-free as I have only ever done things online. 

Another one involved signing 100s of pages of forms (some initiated on every page - even though I didn’t have time to read them all). 

15 minutes ago, Strange said:

One of my bank accounts must be relatively paper-free as I have only ever done things online. 

Personally I prefer this one over your second example :)

That said, I've had a few cases where the signup for the online service required a personal visit and signing a load of papers. Example is when the bank requires proof of identity of the parent to be able produce a digital id for a kid.

11 minutes ago, NTUUN said:

Why there is internet 

In a bank? To be able to communicate? Why would a bank not be connected to internet?

12 minutes ago, NTUUN said:

why they use it

"they"=the bank? One reason is that internet allows for cost effective digital communication betwen financial institutes and allows customers to interact digitally with the bank. 

1 hour ago, Ghideon said:

That said, I've had a few cases where the signup for the online service required a personal visit and signing a load of papers. Example is when the bank requires proof of identity of the parent to be able produce a digital id for a kid.

This bank handles that by doing an online interview - you have to show your ID (and email a copy). 

1 minute ago, Strange said:

This bank handles that by doing an online interview - you have to show your ID (and email a copy). 

Nice! I have not seen/tried that IRL but it would have made some of my interactions much easier.

In the case I described above the initial paper based process to get the digital ID is done once, at one bank. The digital ID is standardized and valid in most banks, government agencies etc. I guess it may vary from nation to nation where local law or implementations differ. 

In the context of the post from NTUUN, all banks offices around here that wants to be a digital ID issuer needs to handle the paper based process and store original papers.

35 minutes ago, Ghideon said:

Nice! I have not seen/tried that IRL but it would have made some of my interactions much easier.

It might not surprise you that the bank that did everything online was German and the one with piles of paper was Italian!

14 minutes ago, RTYBRBTYBRT said:

Hello

What people talk in bank why so many post are there how they manege it 

Why do people talk in banks? For the same reason people talk anywhere.

Why do you ask so many bizarre questions?

3 minutes ago, RTYBRBTYBRT said:

Which satellite is used in bank i have seen many Television channel satellite  but i dont understated which satellite are used in bank

Worldwide transmission of Internet data through satellites is slower than through fiberwires underwater of oceans. Therefor fiberwires are preferred route.

8 minutes ago, RTYBRBTYBRT said:

Hello

Which satellite is used in bank i have seen many Television channel satellite  but i dont understated which satellite are used in bank

Maybe they watch satellite TV in their coffee room.

And they probably have GPS systems in their cars.

Why don't you go and ask a bank?

2 minutes ago, RTYBRBTYBRT said:

Hello

I have seen many ATM that use satellite antenna

Where? Are they in areas that don't have access to wired communication?

Why not use Google: https://www.hughes.com/who-we-are/blog/indias-example-using-satellite-networks-narrow-banking-gaps-can-work-throughout

Edited by Strange