The Avengers Infinity Stones

Thanos

Hear me out .

I am no where near a scientist I am just a curious guy . 

I stumbled across a video that said it's possible for all but about 2 or 3 of the Infinity Stones in the avengers to be created . I think he said the the Reality Stone (red), the Power Stone (purple) and I think the blue Space Stone . 

Do you guys really believe that ? If so how much do you think it will be ?

I once believed in Santa Claus until one Xmas eve while pretending to be asleep, I saw my Old Man, creeping in with a sack of toys strung over his shoulder, which he put at the foot of my bed. I was 8 years old.

3 minutes ago, beecee said:

I once believed in Santa Claus until one Xmas eve while pretending to be asleep, I saw my Old Man, creeping in with a sack of toys strung over his shoulder, which he put at the foot of my bed. I was 8 years old.

The best version of that story was from a dad who knew his daughter had seen him and thought he had blown it all. Until, next day,  he hears her tell her friends, “Guess what, my Dad is Santa Claus “

48 minutes ago, Thanos said:

Hear me out .

I am no where near a scientist I am just a curious guy . 

I stumbled across a video that said it's possible for all but about 2 or 3 of the Infinity Stones in the avengers to be created . I think he said the the Reality Stone (red), the Power Stone (purple) and I think the blue Space Stone . 

Do you guys really believe that ? If so how much do you think it will be ?

I managed to catch a glimpse of the youtube video you posted in the other thread which was trashed...they speculate a singularity could be used to create an infinity stone from the Avengers movie. Just to give you and idea of how ridiculous this idea is...Earth’s entire mass would have to be crunched into about 8mm radius for spacetime curvature to be sufficient to stop light from escaping and creating a black hole. Do you think Thanos could lift earths mass crunched into an 8mm radius stone?

Its better for those things to stay in the realm of fantasy and not try to justify them with any science. There are some science fiction movies out there which are based on some actual science (like Inter Stellar for example) but Avengers is not one of them - its pure fantasy.

9 minutes ago, koti said:

Earth’s entire mass would have to be crunched into about 8mm radius for spacetime curvature to be sufficient to stop light from escaping and creating a black hole.

Which can't happen in Marvel world because space and time are separate and controlled by their own stones....

18 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Which can't happen in Marvel world because space and time are separate and controlled by their own stones....

Very good point Phi, I see you know your Marvel. I’m not an expert but maybe in the next episode the two might merge into a single stone? The dillema is whether to keep this thread in physics for the writers of the next Avengers movie to read it and merge the two damned stones into one like we all know they should, or throw it out the trash where it belongs.

Edited by koti

36 minutes ago, koti said:

Earth’s entire mass would have to be crunched into about 8mm radius

I thought that was the troglodyte with the trident who comes to conquer the Earth on the TV advert,where he turns out to be only 8mm high and the camper van squashes his spaceship under its wheel.

:lol:

Edited by studiot

13 minutes ago, studiot said:

I thought that was the troglodyte with the trident who comes to conquer the Earth on the TV advert,where he turns out to be only 8mm high and the camper van squashes his spaceship under its wheel.

LoL!

Gee Eric..you never mentioned Wednesdays are the smoke ‘you know what’ days :P 

14 minutes ago, koti said:

Very good point Phi, I see you know your Marvel. I’m not an expert but maybe in the next episode the two might merge into a single stone? The dillema is whether to keep this thread in physics for the writers of the next Avengers movie to read it and merge the two damned stones into one like we all know they should, or throw it out the trash where it belongs.

The parts where they mess with gravity look very cool, but I think they give the impression of a magnet that works on anything. 

18 minutes ago, studiot said:

For thousands more years the mighty ships tore across the empty wastes of space and finally dived screaming on to the first planet they came across—which happened to be the Earth—where due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog. -- Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

16 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

The parts where they mess with gravity look very cool, but I think they give the impression of a magnet that works on anything. 

Yep I liked gravity too, and the tesseract. The magnet if its powerful enough, theorerically it could repel anything :D 

Edited by koti